Hasbro investor info up and proxy materials

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by influence82, Apr 12, 2011.

1. influence82

influence82 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    As a shareholder, Hasbro gives us stuff to read and vote on. The annual 10K report is up as required by the SEC. The proxy vote materials are also up that will help determine the company's future. I did not spend the time to go through it all. This is what I found so far:
    Revenue was down in 2010 from 2009 but operating profit was up mostly due to lower taxes and depreciation.
    Sales for Transformers and GIJoe products actually decreased but were offset by increase in Nerf and Marvel sales (especially Iron Man 2).
    It would be helpful if more people went though these reports so we can discuss the details.
    Hasbro : Investor Relations : Annual Meeting

• News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well 2010 was a Fiction-less year and most toys were stuff for fans so naturally the sales would decrease.

2011 however is a movie year and I bet you shareholders will have a good surprise!

3. brittap

brittap Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    From what I've seen anything that was more G1 or for fans didn't stay on the shelves, anything in the movie style or Power Core has just been sitting

4. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    right-but also alot less of the fans stuff was bought from Hasbro, I can almost guarantee it.

5. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW Spongebob since 2007

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    No we've all blame on The Turner Twins.

6. Railguard

Railguard Battalion Commander

Ebay:
    gee I wonder why sales are down maybe cause hasbro doesn't stock the shelves with product....hmmm maybe they suck.

7. Starscream NZ

Starscream NZ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes, because Hasbro magically jumps into WalMart stores at night and fills the shelves without WalMart BUYING STOCK TO FILL SHELVES themselves.

No movie, or TV shows lessens retail demand, stock doesn't sell well, stores don't order. Profitability suffers. Simple.

It's not really Hasbro's fault for slower sales, kids and fans just weren't that interested in a lot of the HtfD and PCC toys that were released last year.

8. G1Jetfire

G1Jetfire Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Maybe a transforming Nerf Gun would help. There are transforming Superheroes already. So that idea is moot.

9. Prowl4680

Prowl4680 SuperCool Autobot Dude!!

I mean one can only buy so many bumblebees and repaints....

10. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    What do you mean fan stuff? Anything hasbro sells is bought by a fan. If you mean generations, rts and hftd I'm sorry but that stuff sold pretty well compared to the movie crapola.

11. prime292

prime292 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Yeah I think the whole PCC thing sold rather slowly this year. But zero fiction to push product hurts even more. With Transformers sales down and the cancellation of some of the major retailers pre orders in preparation of the movie toys, it makes me wonder if this is why Hasbro has crackdown on 3rd party products.

12. Fishdirt

News Credits:
    Ebay:

AH PCC the experiment gone wrong. I forgot about those :) 

13. GAUGE

GAUGE In Art, Nothing Is Impossible.

News Credits:
    PCC was just a filler line as were HFTD and RTS. Filler lines never usually sell that well.

Generations did pretty well. think about how many revisions they released of just that. :) 

Catering to both Original 80's fans and then having to cater to those who are just Movie fans is always tough.

Alot of Movie fans hate the more simpler styled toys, and they also hate buying repaints of crap they already own so they ignore the repaints.

OG fans most of the time don't care if their favorite lines are repainted because alot of G! characters were nothing more than repaints. :) 

14. Fishdirt

News Credits:
    Ebay:

Actually HFTD sold really well from what I understand. Generations less so (WFC figures anyway) and rts is still early. Just going by what I see in local stores and what I've read on the boards.

15. brittap

brittap Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    True Hasbro doesn't stock Wal-Mart shelves BUT Wal-Mart can only stock the pegs with what Hasbro sends them. The closest Wal-Mart here has gotten in 2 cases in about 4 weeks, both Hunt for the Dec.( and not even the last wave, stuff from about 6 months ago) And it's not that they're selling because they just put the extras on the Gen. pegs.

16. GAUGE

GAUGE In Art, Nothing Is Impossible.

News Credits:
    those lines would have sold alot more had they been released earlier. but we all know Hasbro has been banking on nothing but the success of the movie lines for the last few years. I'm dying to see how transformers is going to do once the movie stuff is long gone and dead.

I hope we don't go through another depression as we did during the G2, Machine Wars, early beast wars days.

Um, Walmart orders what they feel like ordering, whether it's a good seller or not.

17. prime292

prime292 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Also the amount of shelf space in target and walmart has shrunk compared to movies years. Right now bakugan has more shelf space at both my walmart and target. As for the transformers line having trouble after the movies are over ... Hasbro understands how this game is played and that is why I be leave the new TV show mirrors the movie aesthetic so closely. Prime will help keep the line going until the next big thing. Plus with the rumor of a Robot Heroes show in the works should help bring in some younger fans and sell more transformers related product.

18. Timothy.R

Timothy.R Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    hasbro does have reps that go to stores..

they should have the stores take down the crap that's been on the shelves for almost two years now.. and replace it with newer stuff.

and i'm pretty sure i've heard that stores just order transformers.. not particular stuff... well hasbro shouldn't overload stores with tons of the same crap.

19. Hiro Prime

Hiro Prime Cybertronian Guru Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Word!

I've always preferred my repaints to be new characters rather than the same bot in a different paint job. Makes for more characters and larger armies for both sides.

20. Fishdirt

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Contacting wal mart they had told me to contact my local wal mart who told me they just stock what the warehouse sends them. IF you go to 5 different wal-marts in a 30 to 40 mile area you would see a big variety in what tfs they stock. There is no equal distribution and that is Wal-mart's thing, not hasbros. Wal-mart probably could care less at that level. If it's marked transformers send the boxes out in equal amounts. Eff if it's hftd or RTS. It's all the same thing. That's what I am surmising anyway.