Hasbro "fails" to ship HA Soundwave? + The future of the DOTM line

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Dinobot Nuva, Dec 9, 2011.

1. ironjazz

ironjazz Tie Fighter pilot

News Credits:
    what second account

2. Knightdramon

Knightdramon Hasbro LIES to the US

News Credits:
    HA Mudflap and the rest you mention were never cancelled.

3. Knightdramon

News Credits:
    Check that dude's profile page, there's visitor messages from a supposed female co-worker saying she finally found him and this is where he was slacking off, and that the project manager is waiting for him to give the go ahead on something new.

Total, complete, and utter BS.

4. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Yes. Which is particularly amusing because I was called a troll for asking him hard-hitting questions in public instead of singing his praises.

This account named "Aranea". He used it to start a public discussion with himself to make it look like someone was backing him up. Oldest trick in the book.

Unfortunately for him, the TFW2005 admins used the oldest reaction to that trick in their book and compared IPs.

Shadow was never particularly smart (I doubt he even had a college education), which is proven by him failing utterly at covering his tracks.

I bet he was just some lonely kid who wanted to be "important".

5. Wars

Wars I ate the WHOLE plate

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Woosh!

In come's Takara Tomy Man with your Japanese releases of Human Alliance Soundwave, deluxe Soundwave and deluxe Wheeljack to save the day!

More on topic, I do hope that they do release the figures eventually, even if we have to wait until early next year.

6. Dr. Prime

Dr. Prime Dr. Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Nah, I wouldn't worry about this TJ. On the contrary, I see this as the retailers knowing just how popular TFs are and them wanting to move on to the newest and hottest lines (such as Prime) and realizing that previous lines get stale. DOTM toys sold well, we are just seeing the leftovers of the masacre, so to speak :D 

And we don't know that these have been cancelled either. Cancelled or not, many figures at the end of a line have similar treatment from the main retailers, and approximately 90% (notice that 90 does not equal 100%) eventually make it to retail in some way, shape, or form. Like I said earlier, don't mind me, just keep panicking...

7. Dinodigger97

Dinodigger97 germinates within you.

News Credits:
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:banghead: :mad: :) cry:thumbdown 

8. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Crossdresser Toy Collector

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    There IS a level of fault that must be leveled on Hasbro. The choices of figures in the line as well as the wave assortments are all Hasbro decisions, not retailer ones. Considering just how many BBs and repeat characters that filled the initial wave of DOTM, yes, I think some level of blame can be put on Hasbro's shoulders.

9. ssjkazer

ssjkazer mr dyslexia

News Credits:
    maybe some one thats in with bigbadtoystore.com should email them and ask them where they stand with soundwave and wheeljacks wave at least then we can get an idear

i say bbts as, cause of my understanding tfw has a great relationship with them and more likely to give us some help on this

10. Knightdramon

News Credits:
    If you're referring to me, I never once said they were cancelled [Que, Soundwave and HA Soundwave].

11. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    ^This.

They actually looked good.

I couldn't honestly care if Que, Soundwave get released. See guys this is why Overstocking Bumblebee is killing us all.

12. ssjkazer

ssjkazer mr dyslexia

News Credits:
    i perfer the repaint of soundwave but i want the movie head for que i actuly like his design

13. Dr. Prime

Dr. Prime Dr. Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No, but you implied it. Regardless, it doesn't matter as I was making a point. What was yours?

What you don't realize is that in order for Hasbro to produce the figures that we do get at the wonderful price point we get them at (whether you like to believe it or not, the toys we get are dirt cheap) they have to produce LARGE MASS quantities, which unfortunately includes repaints/remolds. It the nature of the beast. The wave assortments are a victim of mass production. The retailers would not buy them at all unless they were cheap, and if the retailers don't buy them, we get none. Its a business, and the goal of business is to make money. Its just something we have to deal with.

The correct title of this thread should be "US retailers "fail" to order more DOTM toys" as Hasbro had every intention on shipping them.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2011
  14. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Crossdresser Toy Collector

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I do realize. My point though is that with all that it all boils down to us consumers buying it. That's where figure selection and case assortment falls on Hasbro's shoulders. If a line is really ONLY Bumblebee and Optimus as DOTM seems to be, then it's a duller line and people are less inclined to buy once the select few figures in a wave are bought up. Then these BBs and OPs sit on the shelves and don't sell and retailers don't order more.

Case assortment is also a Hasbro decision. Look at Prime..2x Starscream, 2x Arcee, 4x Bumblebee. Prime doesn't have retail saturation just yet, but when people already have their BBs and people buy up SS and Arcee, you'll have a growing number of BBs sitting on the pegs simply because of the case assortment. If enough BBs sit unsold, then the pegs will still be stocked and retailers won't order more.

This is why SOME level of blame must be leveled on Hasbro. Retailers can only do so much but us consumers need to feel enticed to buy the product.

15. Boy Blunder

Boy Blunder Terrorcon King

Easy solution - buy more Bumblebees. :p 

16. ironjazz

ironjazz Tie Fighter pilot

News Credits:
    I also think he was a kid

17. Optimus1138

Optimus1138 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wow. I knew he had been proven to be a troll, but I didn't know about the double account thing. That's about the worst way he could've tried to prove himself. Who would have company discussions like those on a toy forum?

18. Dr. Prime

Dr. Prime Dr. Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I understand what you are saying, but the reason there are more BBs and OPs and more BB repaints in all of hasbro assortments, is because they sell despite what all of us believe because they sit on the pegs. The holidays have yet to pass, and parents are doing most of the buying. Parents and other family members recognize BB and OP, not Arcee. BB will shelf warm, but he also sells. When the hype of a line dies down and collectors are done buying them up, the laymen will still buy BB and OP eventually, regardless of how long it sits on a shelf. Realistically, I bet for every Arcee and Starscream that sells, 1.6 BBs will sell, but they can't throw 1.6 BBs in a case assortment, hence the pegwarmers.

19. Knightdramon

News Credits:
    My point was against yours that 90% of what we considered "cancelled" ends up on discount chains and so on. My point was that lots of animated toys never saw the light of day and no store\chain\whatever carried them. The ROTF Voyager repaint of Megatron with some legends constructicons was cancelled. The Sideways\Legends Arcee\Chromia\Elita 1 3-pack was cancelled.

What were pointed out as examples [Grapple, HA Mudflap, Windcharger] were never cancelled, just didn't hit saturation fast enough.

Never once did I imply anything about DOTM toys getting cancelled.

20. Dr. Prime

Dr. Prime Dr. Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ok, fair enough, but "lots of animated toys" was maybe like 4-6 regular figures and a few activators. Did anyone really care that ROTF Voyager megatron repaint never got released? (I must admit that I never even knew about that one, lol) And the legends contructicons.... we got the Legends Devastator combiner and even the green TRU version, so not sure about that one. We also got figures of Sideways, Arcee, Chromia, and Elita-1, so I am not sure that qualifies.

The point is, "cancelled" or not, is semantics. The fact is that many of these figures get released in some way, shape, or form....that's all. I think your response supports my approximation of 90% of the toys get some kind of release. Maybe 85-95% would be better :D