Hasbro "fails" to ship HA Soundwave? + The future of the DOTM line

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Dinobot Nuva, Dec 9, 2011.

1. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    Had this page bookmarked from the walmart.com site for a while now, occasionally checking to see if they would update with pictures or a miraculous "in stock" status. Today though the page has been updated with some information-
    Walmart.com: TRANSFORMERS MV3 HA SOUNDWAVE: ARCHIVE SHELF/CAT

Could just take this with a grain of salt, but its interesting given the current status of the DOTM line.

-A similar situation has been ongoing with the Target exclusive Wreckers 2-pack (Leadfoot+Twin Twist), the DPCI for which has been in the system for months but has always been listed as out of stock when people check the Target system.

-Target has recently been putting DOTM deluxes on clearance. Not on sale, clearance.

-Online retailers have yet to even post preorders for ANY of the remaining DOTM figures (Deluxe Soundwave, Deluxe Wheeljack, etc.), and preorders typically precede the product being in stock by at least a month. This is different from the usual "end of the line/last wave" stuff that people experienced with the RTS line earlier this year and the Evac/Rampage wave at the end of the NEST line as those were at least offered by online retailers, but were impossible to find at big market retailers, and didn't really hit saturation until months later at outlets like Ross.

-The last wave of Human Alliance Basics (Reverb, Crosshairs) has been showing up in stores for a couple months now, but has yet to be offered in any of the typical online TF retailers (HTS, BBTS, Entertainmentearth, etc.) preorder or otherwise. Why?

Something isn't adding up here.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2011
  2. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    DOTM is gone.

so all that remaining stuff will go PUFF like rts rumble and RTS bodyblock...gone baby gone.

3. Tyrannosaur

Tyrannosaur 100% Sarcastic Saurian

Oh dear. I'm really not liking this news. :mad 
    We also haven't gotten any official pics of Leadfoot nor do we know what the hell Twin Twist looks like other than he's a retool/remold of Topspin.

Target has DOTM deluxes on clearance now? Huh. Maybe I should swing by one after work and see if they have any Space Cases on the shelves.

4. JackHammer

JackHammer Me, no, I would never

[​IMG]

5. AquamanOS

AquamanOS Well-Known Member

Wait they're canning the DOTM line after one year?

Is Hasbro having money issues all of a sudden?

6. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    ... and Generations figures in Canada have also been sighted on clearance in Wal-Mart, so maybe it's related. Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if part of it has to do with packaging & distribution changings, namely the one involving that Gaets posted [here] on Cybertron.ca.

7. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Anything that doesn't make it out in the DOTM line will more than likely be shoved into the trilogy line.

Kind of like how the ROTF Superion and Bruticus sets were supposed to come out in universe (and did in asia), but got shoved into ROTF.

8. MoonStreakr

MoonStreakr Heroic Decepticon

Even if the line is over which its probably not they'll just reboot it like HFTD.

9. Shockwave9227

Shockwave9227 I'm actually 16.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    HA Soundwave failed to be shipped? NOOOOOO!
    DOTM figures suddenly on clearence and less than usual?
    Delays in pre-orders and shipments of new figures?
    I think DOTM may just get cancelled if one more bad thing happens...

10. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    Yeah, I wouldn't expect to see those things go away either, especially so far into the planning stages.

11. Ratchets Hatch

Ratchets Hatch Cannot Hold Weapon

News Credits:
    Meh. I wasn't planning on getting any more DotM anyway. For those who are, I wouldn't worry. Stuff like this is bound to happen during the holidays.

And if DotM does end prematurely, there will be more room on shelves for the Prime toys!

12. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    Yeah but there's still a question of when/where. I'm sure plenty of people that didn't feel like paying $50 import price on a two pack of Scouts are still wondering where RTS Demolition Rumble is gonna turn up haha.

13. Stryker055

Stryker055 Josh Boyfriend

Eh, they'll turn up in the Movie Trilogy line. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

14. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Glad you brought this up. I called my friend at Target, plus another store. The DPCI for the Wreckers set is active in some stores, deactivated in others. The one I called said, and I quote, "Inactive/Item Not Found/Discontinued" and I repeated the number to him, he rechecked it and the screen repeated that same message.

As far as I can tell, some are expecting it, others have it canceled. I don't know what this means for the set, but it's not looking good. I'm glad I bought my Leadfoot off of BBTS. I got sick and tired of waiting for Hasbro to get their shit together.

And we can't blame this on the Prime toy line, because they're not even efficient at shipping those...

15. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    From that Target thread, "087 06 1594 is the Target Exclusive assortment. So they're wrongly on clearance."

That's the assortment with Space Case that's being clearanced, not regular deluxes.

16. HMRC4EVR

HMRC4EVR Well-Known Member

One thing to remember is that every Target is different. What one store is marking down might not necessarly be at another.

Locally my Target finally marked down their exclusive wave (BB/Arcee/Jazz/Space Case) to $8.48, but the rest of the DotM line was full price other than what was on sale.

I'm not saying that's for every chain, but it might not be totally dead yet.

It is worrysome that it's not being shipped tho.

17. 0MEGATR0N

0MEGATR0N Robot/Gladiator

great,no soundwave HA or deluxe,the dotm line was a complete FAIL on hasbros part from case selection to distribution and this is the icing on the cake,I was really looking forward to deluxe soundwave!

18. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    Hey dudes let's jump into conclusions GO

19. 0MEGATR0N

0MEGATR0N Robot/Gladiator

as opposed to being hopelessly optimistic?

20. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    Can't there be a middle ground? We'll know what's going on in due time.