Hasbro Extends Employment Agreement For CEO Brian Goldner And Promotes John Frascotti

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SilverOptimus, Aug 9, 2018.

1. Dranoel

Dranoel Be the strongest of the strong!

Promoted? The movies are horrible. All ridiculous action, n incoherent plot. A Tf G1 cartoon has better plot synchronization that the movie. Loopholes everywhere. The designs of the robots are generally horrible. (See Megatron part 1 n 2) So many shelf warmers where I live. Is someone paying them to destroy the transformers franchise?

• Like Like x 4
  2. samisham

samisham Well-Known Member

I love photos of millionaire business people, who aren't famous. Look at those vacant empty eyes, those plastered on fake PR smiles. It's amazing.

• Like Like x 2
  3. MetalStorm

MetalStorm Click Click Boom!

In case you didn't realize, Transformers are more than just the movies.

Yes we remember how flawless and perfect the G1 movie was.

Your opinion.

???

Shelf warmers will always exist, a store could order too much, or there may not be a big customer base in ur area.

And yes, they are being paid to "destroy" the franchise, and if by turning the brand into a global powerhouse with movies, tv shows, webisodes, comics, and multiple toylines is considered to be "destroying" the franchise, then hell, I say run into the damn ground!

• Like Like x 9
  4. samisham

samisham Well-Known Member

"How dare Hasbro promote their employees for producing a version of the franchise that I personally don't like, despite it making them millions and relaunching the brand into the public eye!?"

• Like Like x 5
  5. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Anthony Hopkins with a submachine gun. 'Nuff said!

Two years - that's not enough time for them to crap out another Transformers film after Bumblebee. This isn't Hasbro keeping on somebody who made them lots of money, this is Hasbro giving bare minimum due to the guy because he made them a lot of money before promptly driving the franchise into the fucking ground, and then having leverage to kick his ass out (hopefully) if/when Bumblebee proves once and for all the TF franchise is completely unprofitable at the theatres at a level deemed worth investing into in the first place.

Because besides the films, what has he accomplished exactly? Nothing. Transformers in any other respect than the films is a total joke and any continuity after Animated is either complete trash BECAUSE it was modeled after the films, or is actually quality but not in the limelight because they weren't meant to handle the weight of the brand as a primary sales leader and so gave the creators room to operate with. The HUB was a mismanaged wreck of a channel whose only true lasting legacy was MLP:FIM because it was the only show of real value Discovery wanted to stay on their channel, while everything else got kicked back to CN - the very channel the HUB was made to avoid ever working with again.

Goldner has only given a shit about his precious movie continuity at the cost of literally everything else about the franchise. And for a time that kind of methodology worked. But now the franchise has achieved a level of decay and stagnation because Hasbro won't reinvent anymore - ironic given reinvention is what got us to this point. They will kill themselves before admitting the films can't work anymore without a long overdue reboot, and they won't invest in any new continuities instead of G1 (+ that bitch Windblade they shove down everybody's throats).

As a consumer, all I an do is vote with my wallet. And you know where my money hasn't been going? Hasbro's brand of bullshit. By the way, how's Studio Series working out for you all? You know, the line that's decided to become nothing but repaint central? You can thank Goldner for that- happy tenth anniversary of the films, you STILL don't get Leader Bonecrusher!

• Like Like x 3
  6. xolta

xolta Well-Known Member

I dont get how any one can defend Goldener and his cronies, it must take Olympic level mental gymnastics.

• Like Like x 7
  7. Louise Belcher

Louise Belcher Autobot loves Android

Really?! From what I heard and experienced myself, it's getting harder and harder to find TF toys in retailers/physical toy stores...so the markets that already existed getting vanished.

I can agree on that for any whiteknighting of toy companies.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  8. Deadend

Deadend Overloaded Spark

News Credits:
    You do know that Hasbro is more than only transformers.

Animated was made under Goldner. Windblade was a fan choice creation. Her constant exposure is directly tied to that. And your derogatory remarks about that really shows why Hasbro shouldn't bother listening to you, ever, about anything.

Fan fave Strongarm from RiD happened. Larger selections of character types grew. Heck, even fem bots are being made more often now. New comic additions are getting turnovers into figures faster. Cyberverse came into existence. New Generations WFC is pure old school awe. Even working in classic nods like RiD2001 Ultra magnus vehicle mode. We got various wider characters in Generations(Armada, Beast wars. and beast machines). Full return of headmasters.

And you're blaming him for the movie continuity when he likely runs more on the day to day operations of the entire company and doesn't handle the fiction himself directly, is also highly misinformed. Blaming him for the movies, especially when Paramount had most of the control previously is especially ignorant. Hasbro gaining control back is a relatively recent thing. What has happened under his time at Hasbro? How about Generations being as dominant on the market as it is or even existing. City bots. The entire titan class. Rescue bots. And much much more. And that's only for transformers. Other toylines also flourished including MLP:FiM. New Disney contracts came in for toylines too. Other long dead franchises were brought back to life too. RiD became a hit toyline. Mashers which dominated the market for a good long while to the point other companies tried copying it happened. Various marvel toyline surges happened while he lead the company. Apparently they also saw the potential in Power Rangers others didn't, and also are looking towards a sequel there(which from that, I'm guessing he sees details in the movies or is hearing about ideas that he thinks are also profitable there, which you don't know about). The list goes on and on. Mighty Muggs came into existence. The list never seems to end for the waves they've made that have pushed the company forward. Including knowing when to cut a line for its own good to keep from piling up dead weight and debt and when to bring it back or to look into having developments made on how. Even Nerf itself has accelerated forward into wider market share than it had before. We wouldn't have had the various video games either. Heck, even GI Joe started dying after only pushing material to fans. The push for a movie there, Renegades the series, and then sequel kept the line afloat a little longer. Including Toys R Us exclusive waves. Knowing when to cut the dead weight, bring it back in and work towards a new way to get it a market standing. Extended market share to larger areas, actually handles some china exclusive licenses in the growing market there. Managed to get wider markets open too, including Russia and other other territories where Hasbro had no market presence.

Bumblebee's movie will do great. And the follow up movie is going to be awesome.

The only bad move that comes to mind right now is the warrior class cyberverse toys, but even that seems like it has a reason for why(and handling an entire company doesn't mean he does every little detail on every toyline either, that's why they have employees). Watching how the last 10 years have developed, no move has been wasted with all of it for various reasons to build the company forward. Even what looks like a miss-step seems calculated for something else later. Heck even the push for the Hub, to then pulling back when needed to (especially when finding about the scandals Discovery was dealing with) then looking into other ways to extend tv market share are all smart business moves.

7+ billion later. I think he's more than proved his worth. With likely Hasbro hitting 10 Billion before 2020. Definitely before 2023. Takara's profit ranges have increased too.

As for repaints, you do know that's a Hasbro staple that existed long before Goldner was ever hired right?

• Like Like x 4
  9. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    I like people giving Goldner credit for making the movies all by himself. Because Michael Bay, ILM, and hundreds of others didn't do anything.

• Like Like x 1
  10. SilverOptimus

SilverOptimus Movie News Monster Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    I don't think that's the case. Goldner and his team pushed the first movie to happen. Ask any investor or journalist involved during that time. Transformers is Hasbro's property. The idea which was called 'The Brand Blueprint', was initiated by Goldner. TF2007 was part of that plan. The idea was his but Michael Bay, ILM, and hundreds of others implemented that idea.

• Like Like x 5
  11. GizmoTron

GizmoTron Roobaticon Commander

Ebay:
    Yes, but to blame Goldner alone for the movies is to sell short who all actually produced, wrote, and directed those films.

Also it's kind of stupid to "blame" Goldner for having the audacity to implement an idea that made the Transformers a major movie franchise and made Hasbro billions in merchandise sales. I mean people don't have to love the movies, but at least give credit where credit is due.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Yaujta

Yaujta Breadchildren. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Sure can count on a Hasbro-centric thread to bring out the very best of the fandom.
    :rolleyes: 

13. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Large profit-driven corporation makes cancer survivor continue working long hours in a highly stressful position

• Like Like x 1
  14. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II The Pristine

News Credits:
    :lol 

15. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking "Don't touch it! It's evil!"

News Credits:
    I don't care what management does as long as I keep getting wonderful toys like Generations.

16. JLvatron

JLvatron Transformer

News Credits:
    Not a fan of these guys.
    Goldner may be good for profit, but his understanding of Transformers and character/story quality is greatly lacking.

She'll write them after the wedding.

• Like Like x 2
  17. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

It's also not his job to know that stuff.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Terradives

Terradives Well-Known Member

His job is to get the answers as to why the golden goose isn’t laying golden eggs anymore and make sure it keeps laying golden eggs. The bumblebee movie excitement was definitely up when there was a report of a reboot. It’s down now. And they’ve used the vw bumblebee capital on a movie that will suck. What can they do to get numbers back in theaters after bumblebee tanks? They are in a corner.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Neko-bot77

Neko-bot77 Cybertronian Kitty

News Credits:
    What I see is someone who is making more money than me getting a job extension, and someone else (also making more than me) getting promoted so he can make even more. Is there a "we are the 99%" flag somewhere I can wave around?

On the semi-related topic of the BB movie; i'm not going to see it in theaters. I know i'll buy it on Blu-Ray anyways, so I'm saving the ticket $ to see a GOOD movie instead. Like the Lego Movie 2, which looks f**kin awesome.

• Like Like x 1
  20. GizmoTron

GizmoTron Roobaticon Commander

Ebay:
    By that same reasoning, what will they do if the movie is a success?

No one here actually knows what Hasbro has planned for the next movie.