Hasbro Explains The Future Of Transformers Movies: 2019 And Beyond

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SilverOptimus, May 31, 2018.

1. Pichomp

Pichomp Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Turns out Unicron was hiding in the Earth after shutting himself from the force... er, I mean, Allspark. He drinks milk from a space cow, and Then he dies because he’s exhausted from projecting himself across the universe.

Bring on a reboot! Any reboot. :popcorn 

• Like Like x 2
  2. dCon

dCon mecha-former

News Credits:
    So much negative reactions when we have seen nothing. On top of that all I seen from this is that Hasbro wants to do the franchise right so shouldn't we support them?

• Like Like x 1
  3. primalxconvoy

primalxconvoy Banned

News Credits:
    Er, no, it IS a reboot. If it's a different chronology and related story, then that's the very definition of "reboot".

Silly little man...

Last edited: May 31, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  4. UltraMagnus3786

UltraMagnus3786 That's what it is

Well done, I love this.
    "We'll do an unrelated "prequel" and if people generally like the direction, we'll pivot into a reboot. It's a preboot!"

• Like Like x 3
  5. Pichomp

News Credits:
    Go Barricade! :D :D :D :D :bay 

6. dCon

dCon mecha-former

News Credits:
    We make up 20-30% of the toy sales in 2016/2017. Your facts are pre dated. No biggie

• Like Like x 1
  7. Pichomp

News Credits:
    Remembers X-Men Origins: Wolverine...
    847352A3-5FB9-4B4B-95EA-9EC046F4B363.gif

• Like Like x 3
  8. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Purely out of curiosity, where did that % of sales estimate come from?

• Like Like x 4
  9. Rquiem

Rquiem Dutchbot

News Credits:
    It might be because we already had 5 movies before where each got worse more than its predecessor.

And up until now all we have seen and know is that this movie ties in into that same universe. Even with a new Director, its still more if the same old. Just a slightly different take.

I feel that the now majority of the fans, casual/ hardcore (if such a thing exists), want a total new direction. Something where not just the director will be replaced, but also the producers, writers, artists.

A clean slate. From the start.
    Have that the coming 10 years. And then after 10 years, a redo for the next generation of films.

This movie generation has run its course. In my opinion it may be time to have a complete new one.

• Like Like x 4
  10. deathzero23

deathzero23 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Translation:

Let's see if the BBee Movie will be successful or not.
    Then let's talk again after the box office money comes in.

• Like Like x 3
  11. iuJacob

iuJacob low battery

News Credits:
    Really?

The under 70k members of this message board make up 20-30% of the toy sales in 2016/17?

Sorry, my bad.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    The more Hasbro and Paramount elaborate, the worse they make things because what they say isn't consistent. What this sounded like was an attempt to dissuade any negative opinion from what was stated earlier by getting us to look at things from a positive perspective without actually explaining why the tone from one article sounded so different to what they said today.

It sounded like the guy was trying to make it seem like Bumblebee takes place in a different continuity but what he really meant was different decade. In doing so he himself seemed confused as to what a reboot actually was.

To me, this is not a reboot. This is a different direction for the movies due to a different director but STILL within the established Michael Bay continuity. Whether future movies will be considered hinges upon whether this movie does well. Bumblebee and possible future movies deviate from the Bay movies due to Hasbro having more creative control. They want to see Transformers making smiley faces not taking them off. At this point, I don't think they actually care how different things look from the Bay movies.

Hell the way I explained it makes things easier to understand. The whole KISS("Keep It Simple Stupid") saying applies here.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Nickster563

Nickster563 Anymore questions you wanna ask?

News Credits:
    I actually think tf7 would be a perfect ending to this universe, do an idw movie ending with movieverse unicron transforming (therfore killing all humans) and wiping out the autobots on cybertron after an epic fight and then rehoot. Their problem solved.

14. dCon

dCon mecha-former

News Credits:
    Hasbro themselves in one of their fall inverstor days bs. It was always at 10%, (2007 is where the changes started) but it's definitely upwards of 30% now. Others can collaborate to this I'm sure. ;) 

We really don't know it will be more of the same, especially how we'll feel after watching it. It's pointless to get worked up on that we don't know..least that's my take on life. You are welcome to hate it I suppose lol

:lol 

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  15. iuJacob

iuJacob low battery

News Credits:
    I know exactly what you’re talking about.

The thing is, that percentage was just adults buying toys (and I think it was a fairly big window too, wasn’t it? 16+ or something like that), not reflective of the vocal minority bitching about how much they hate Bumblebee on a messageboard; which is what I was referring to in the post you originally responded to.

• Like Like x 3
  16. dCon

dCon mecha-former

News Credits:
    There's more then just on this board. But yes ADULT sales are 20-30% of Transformers toy sales and it's the adult collector fanbase that is making the toys sell the adult collector limes aka Studio Series, Premier Series, Masterpiece line, G1 Hot Rod is gonna be on shelves in Walmart again. And the facts are out there anyway. I gave you the source

17. iuJacob

iuJacob low battery

News Credits:
    I was kind of being a smartass, I knew what you actually meant. But I clarified in my other response to you above.

Last edited: May 31, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  18. dCon

dCon mecha-former

News Credits:
    Bumblebee is loved by kids and girls it seems, fans LIKE Bee but not alot of fans have him as their favorite. I can agree with that although not sure what this has to do with anything lol. :) 

19. merphul

merphul Well-Known Member

I have just a few thoughts.

1. Just say reboot. This is some silly PR nonsense designed to not hurt Michael Bay's feelings. He's a big (rich) boy, he'll get over it.
    2. Bee is popular. Bee sells toys. Bee's character in all iterations is designed to be likable. You admire Optimus, you have contempt for Starscream, you're supposed to want to be buds with Bee. He's the kid/human friendly robot who never lets you down. He's almost exactly the Pikachu of TF's before Pokémon was even a thing.
    3. As always, next project needs to be Sky Lynx. More Sky Lynx next is always the right answer when it comes to TF anything.

• Like Like x 7
  20. JazzIsBack

JazzIsBack Well-Known Member

Once again I'm even more confused after reading it, I know they said its not a reboot seeing its more a prequel but what about this goung forward that they are talking of? So theoretically we could get a movie 7 but much later than expected? Don't get me wrong when the movie drops I'll be there in the theater for the midnight release but I'm so lost what is going on.