Hasbro Distribution

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by brimsoldier59, Dec 21, 2010.

1. brimsoldier59

brimsoldier59 Well-Known Member

I finally found Tracks and Jazz RTS figs at a Khols store. Why is it impossible to find reveal the shield figures anywhere else. Toy r us, is a toy store and every last one I go to they only have animated Rodimus and Ironhide every thing else is, Ravage from Rotf, or those pcc combiners. I mean I go to the stores in the morning and at night. Are the stores trying to get rid of the old stuff first. Or is hasbro not shipping the stuff out. It seems anything G1 is hard to find. I never even saw inferno in the store. Please don't say they're selling out. Because if they were hasbro would dedicate way more figures to the stores. Please help me with my anger.

2. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Keep in mind it likely has more to do with what the individual stores and chains are choosing to order, when, how much, and what they feel like putting on the shelf. If they haven't liquidated all their stock for christmas, it doesn't make a lot of sense for them to order a ton of new toys and put them in the warehouse during the relatively slow month of january.

The popular figures may just be selling out though, especially if you're finding other stuff from the same lines/waves. Hasbro doesn't dedicate anything, the chains decide what they want to order from Hasbro, and the cases they order have more than one type of figure in them the majority of the time. So these stores aren't going to crack open a new case if the shelves are still full of the other figures from that wave.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2010
  3. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard Sons of Unicron PTT

News Credits:
    I live in England, at least you get toys.

4. Roufuss

Roufuss Shots

News Credits:
    hasbrotoyshop.com
    bigbadtoystore.com
    tfsource.com

I haven't had to deal with retail for months now. Sure, I'm paying a bit more at times, but it sure beats going to store after store to come up empty handed.

5. Red leader

Red leader Nom Nom Nom

News Credits:
    QFT

6. Creaky

Creaky King of Puppies

News Credits:
    Exactly what I came in here to say.

Wow, we Brits sure like to complain don't we? :D 

7. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    If you guys are complaining that all you see in TRU is Animated Ironhide and Rodimus and a few others, you must kill yourself if you live in England :) 

8. Pikatron

Pikatron Well-Known Member

How do people in England get their TF fix? Ordering stuff online?

9. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

Calm down, they're toys.

And Hasbro has nothing to do with it. Stores are loaded up with older cases, they aren't going to pick up more stock until their stock sells- whether that goes to consumers or another store chain like TJMaxx/Marshalls or Ross.

What also helps is keeping up with your local Sightings Thread and making friends with other collectors. We here in the Seattle area pick up figures for each other all the time.

10. Pimpimus Prime

Pimpimus Prime (┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐) TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I can't wait until the next wave starts to ship and we all complain about the Jazz and Tracks warming the pegs.

11. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

Gesh RTS is technically not supposed to be out until 2011, be thankful we get some early!

12. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I swear distribution whining should be confined to one thread.

Kohls does not aggressively order toys year round. They order large quantities for xmas and in some areas easter. Since they were not sitting on all the over stock from the slow line launch this summer they ordered fresh product from hasbro. Hasbro would send newer waves to your toysrus if toysrus placed and order for them

13. bcm77

bcm77 Well-Known Member

Pretty much because trying to find stuff locally in a store is a waste of time & gas money.

The big retail stores like TRU and the major supermarkets always stock the initial few waves of a line around the time of a big event eg a movie release then no matter how well the line may be selling later waves are cut almost at random and never show up here at all unless import stores get them.

This happens despite the fact that the ROTF line was the best selling in the country last year for a couple of months and the franchise has been praised by toy retailers for being one of the most consistent sellers ever since G1.

In 2010 I've bought approx 25 TF's and only 2 of those ( Skystalker & Hailstorm ) were bought in a store. The rest were from Kapow Toys, ebay, iGear's website and a couple of folks here.

14. Dormamu

Dormamu I am Broot.

News Credits:
    This, only because it's the same whining most of us have had over the past 10 years.

15. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I wish that were true but when a whole wave gets skipped over it's more the ordering option of the store. Some regions sell better then others and they don't see "generations wave 2" they see "more transformers".

Ordering online for most of the harder to find stuff, for me, is a fruitless endeavor as it seems the online places sell out pretty quick. It's amazing that, like many book publishers, clothing stores and so on, that hasbro hasn't gone the consignment route.

16. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

Wait. You "wish that were true," but then agree completely with what I said?

Anyway, here's a snip from TFWiki's "Misconceptions and Urban Legends" page:

Misconceptions and urban legends about Transformers - Transformers Wiki

17. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes, some regions sell toys faster then others. However, Sometimes those very slow selling regions are really stupid and order a TON of figures all at once that take them forever to sell. That has nothing to do with hasbro. Are they supposed to refuse the order and say "no we won't sell you these cuz you don't need them"??????

Dude it's called a preorder, I rarely have trouble finding figures but I have generations thundercracker ordered just in case. If you are waiting until toys are popular and hard to find in person and THEN looking online, well thats just dumb. Hasbro does not dictate how they sell their toys Target, walmart, and toysrus do.

18. ThaConqueror

ThaConqueror Rock! Robot Rock!

Dang it, Kusanagi beat me to referencing the TFWiki. In that case, I'll take this oppurtunity to say that distribution sucks monkey fuck here in Aussie as well, which is only compounded by the ridiculous price.

19. ssjkazer

ssjkazer mr dyslexia

News Credits:
    wave 2 always wave 2 of everything there is always issues over here but at least we get toys

20. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Yup. I mainly order from Kapow Toys - I've got Grimstone who came in on Christmas Eve (eve?) sitting next to my monitor as I type this.

Good toy by the way.