Hasbro Discontinued Transformers Animated...Again?

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by cgibsonREX, Mar 26, 2010.

1. cgibsonREX

cgibsonREX Knight of Cybertron

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    News from tformers.com

whatever, i give-up on this line -_-

2. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This part:

makes it so vague that I have no idea how to really take it. o_O 

3. cgibsonREX

cgibsonREX Knight of Cybertron

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Yeah, I'm guessing there talking about the line in general and not individual toys.

4. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    While the Animated line is dead and buried - why DO people email Hasbro customer service? They probably know less than we do about upcoming toys, and they haven't been the best with providing accurate information.

5. wildfly

wildfly Fermenting pork tube.

News Credits:
    Lack of awareness about exclusives after the cancellation of the line as a whole, and lack of concrete info about what's happening with the rest of the line.

I would guess.

6. Waverider

Waverider Supreme Dude

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    No offense but I don't really find this reliable source of info. It's from a tformers.com member that sent an email to Hasbro CS. I'm not in denial, but till I see official word from Hasbro or more reliable sources, I'll believe it. At least we have the Takara option if this is true.

7. Optimus_Prowl

Optimus_Prowl Koruption_Kosplay

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    :(  Are they serious?! I still need a Roddy from this line. Freakin crap. Aw well I'll stay open to see what happens. But still, :( 

8. wildfly

News Credits:
    Allow me to venture a theory:

Thundercracker and Mudbuster Bulkhead won't ship until around the time Blackout does.

I would guess that Blackout, and the other new Animated molds, wont get a Hasbro release until after Takara are done with them, and that they will probably also be TRU exclusives.

The combination of the fact that further animated toys are a while off, plus that they're likely to be store exclusives may explain why there was no information available.

9. Dom

Dom TFA Supporter

News Credits:
    After the answers we got in the UK I have come to the conclusion that the bulk of the people answeing this stuff don`t know or don`t care. I have given up on seeing new molds ever. I just want to see the stuff we have seen

10. Waverider

Waverider Supreme Dude

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I don't even think they even care about doing research on the subject on subject. I use to be a supervisor for a large company. A large company like Hasbro must have large volumes of email every day. And Most CS for large companies have a general script response on various subjects. This email looks scripted. This is probably the same script from last year. I bet if you send an email about Rodimus, you get the same response with Rodimus in place of Thundercracker and Blackout.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2010
  11. FreshDebesh

FreshDebesh <b><font color=brickred>oye chak de phatte!</font> Veteran

I'm sure Takara Tomy will put out Rodimus and Thundercracker at the very least since they appear in the cartoon. Don't remember if Blackout did or not.

12. Beastbot X

Beastbot X Old skool. In a lot of ways.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    He did, albeit briefly.

13. MegaCepticon

MegaCepticon Well-Known Member

I'm still clinging to hope they will be released. I mean look at Classics Thrust. Who would have thought they were going to release this at mass retail. I remember them saying at botcon 2007 that they won't release it at mass retail because of the exclusivity of the toy and did not anticipate how popular it would be. Fast forward to 2010, what made them change their mind. I will wait on official word from Hasbro itself. There are 2 events that they can release more info--Botcon and SDCC.

14. wildfly

News Credits:
    Hasbro UK couldn't predict Sh!t in a Portaloo. Remember when they said there was no such thing as Universe/ROTF Bruticus?

Hasbro INC/US... i guess people expect more of them.

15. MetroBoy

MetroBoy Keeper of the Cheese

I'm reserving the final nail till we hear what Hasbro says at SDCC and or Botcon. I refuse to believe that Hasbro customer service knows squat until I see a power point presentation and weeping fan boys on the convention floor.

16. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch

News Credits:
    It's just a form email. They saw Transformers Animated in the body of the message and pulled out the standard form for the reply

Once we saw the new wings for Henkei Thrust and Dirge, I knew it would only be a matter of time before they saw a US release.

This may be splitting hairs to most people but I think it bares repeating. Generations Thrust is a different toy than the Botcon 07 Thrust. FP redesigned classics Ramjet (with Hasbro's approval) for Botcon and that redesign is not going to see a mass release. Generations Thrust is the "close enough to Botcon Thrust without being Botcon Thrust" toy. It looks like Thrust, it's called Thrust and for most people that's good enough and they won't need a Botcon Thrust, but they are different toys.

Hasbro saying "they have no plans at this time" for Classics Thrust and Dirge was a true statement at Botcon.

Hasbro officials always uses specific phrases like "we have no plans to release FIGURE X at this time" when asked about the potential release of a specific figure. It answers the question without backing them selves into a corner.

17. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    They use the term "discontinued", as if those toys were ever out to begin with. Definitely no reason to give up hope just based on this.

18. Digilaut

Digilaut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sounds to me a general response from somebody in the chain who doesn't really know what he is talking about.

Like: Animated = discontinued, thus these figures are discontinued.

19. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot You can, you up. No can, no BB.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I really want Rodimus and season 3 DVD. Why do they sell crap like the energon series and put that on DVD but not the good shit? I still hold hope they will release him though.

20. The_Black_Sheep

The_Black_Sheep Willyna...

News Credits: