Hasbro Confirms A Transformers Animated Theatrical Feature Film

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by SilverOptimus, Aug 3, 2017.

1. francesco92

francesco92 Well-Known Member

It is mainly thanks to Disney and Dreamworks who started the trend of using celebrities rather than professional voice actors for animation. Heck, have you looked at the last Netflix animated series (like Voltron or Castlevania)? The cast is all made by prominent live action actors while true voice actors such as Fred Tatasciore got to do only additional voices

2. John TheDestroyer

John TheDestroyer I rise, you fall

News Credits:
    I was working at a camp this summer and most of the kids are 13/14 years old. One of the kids brought up Transformers 5 and suddenly they were all talking about how much they loved it...

• Like Like x 4
  3. francesco92

Variety is the spice of life. Fact remains, however, that the movie did not earned as much as his predecessors so changes are vitals unless they don't go for a different direction.

4. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

Explanation:

It seems chasing the Allspark alone was hardly a plan right? And Megatron being Number 2 to the Fallen doesn't fit him right? Nobody commands the Decepticons but him right?

Thing is Megatron had a Plan. But it all went to The Pit thanks to Luck or Fate.

It all fits!

For one thing Megatron knew where the Allspark is going to crash because Sentinel Prime told him as he defected.

The Ark with its sophisticated sensors knew where it was headed. Megatron went ahead to take it. Or Sentinel arranged its trajectory towards Earth.

But wait what about the Fallen and Sentinel Prime? The Fallen wanted every bot named Prime dead. Megatron never told the Fallen his deal with Sentinel Prime as he planned to betray him

Megatron wanted to use Sentinel Prime to kill the Fallen. Consolidate his leadership on both factions by killing the Decepticon founder and having support of the Autobot founder.

They were supposed to rendezvous on Earth but Megatron got iced. Meanwhile the Ark was damaged by the Decepticons as Megatron kept the deal compartmentalized that they did not know. The Ark still headed to Earth but it'll take around 12,000 years to get there.

The plan was get the Allspark, bring Cybertron to Earth's orbit, use the Allspark and Earth's resources to rebuild Cybertron while building a new army, and kill the Fallen becoming the undisputed leader of the Cybertronian race.

Soundwave and Laserbeak, tracking the Ark, who were in the know of Megatron's plan hid a sizable army on the moon keeping it secret from the Fallen and Starscream.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
  5. Caminus Prime

Caminus Prime Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    Megatron showed a lot of loyalty for the fallen and he even tried to save him from optimus and said "no" twice after he killed him. His plan of partnership with sentinel prime Would've also backfired since sentinel wasn't willing to cooperate with him on equal leadership. he even said to optimus "we were gods once, all of us but here there can only be one!!!" Thus Megatron would've setted the Decepticons up for failure after sentinel kills him.

6. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

Megatron's relationship with the Fallen is more like a Sith Master-Apprentice relationship. Megatron was seduced by the Fallen to betray the Autobots. Megatron wanted to be in charge so he'll kill the Fallen eventually but doesn't have the strength to do so that is why he enlisted Sentinel Prime to his side. Someone that is corruptible unlike Optimus Prime.

7. MegaPrime1007

MegaPrime1007 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They will trust me don't worry.

8. electronic456

electronic456 擎天柱

News Credits:
    RedWolf, I think you should really incorporate Unicron into the motivations of the villains more, I think it would make a little more sense that way.

• Like Like x 1
  9. GirlBot

GirlBot Mini-Cassette

News Credits:
    On the visual side. I hope they will use more color in the movie, the brief glimpses of Cybertron we'd seen were really monochromatic. I know when something is metal, the thought that it should be metallic in color is the first thing that comes up, but metal can have different colors: golden, silver, copper, cobalt or chromium. I really don't like the direction they went in the movies, Prime and the games, where Cybertron (and Transformers) needs to be dark gray.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    I find it funny that I liked everything Transformers up until 2007. Then it went down hill. Sure, Animated was still great, although I hated the style they used. And I can still enjoy RID15, but all the shows that came before were really cooler. How come 20 years of Transformers were all great and suddenly it shifts in a totally different direction from what I like about Transformers to something else?

11. Agamus

Agamus Not an Iguana

Oh god please don't fuck this up

Last edited: Aug 7, 2017
  12. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Number One in Boogie Land

News Credits:
    Agamus, control yourself

13. Agamus

Agamus Not an Iguana

It kept reposting when I reloaded the page... trying to delete.

• Like Like x 1
  14. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Number One in Boogie Land

News Credits:
    My bad, it seemed intentional to me.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Venixion

Venixion So-Cal Girl

News Credits:
    Upon seeing the title: Yes Hasbro! This sounds like a good plan! :thumb 

Upon seeing that it ties in with live action films: No Hasbro! Bad! Baad!:stick: 

• Like Like x 2
  16. francesco92

I agree

17. Unicrons Herald

Unicrons Herald Chaos Bringer

CGI is a form for animation, so it might be a CGI movie still. Just not sure. :) 

Like eagc7 said; It's set on Cybertron. And it's a prequel, so I doubt humans would be there at all. :) 

• Like Like x 1
  18. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    I'm more hyped about this than the Bee film. As long as we see more protoforms I'll be grateful.

• Like Like x 2
  19. sevenlima

sevenlima Well-Known Member

I hope don't be like the current RID show and the future Cyberverse crap.

20. Ratchets Hatch

Ratchets Hatch Cannot Hold Weapon

News Credits:
    Exploring the origin story of Transformers... in the live action movie universe... now THAT is a can of worms.