Hasbro CEO talks about Transformers on Fox Bussiness

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Ratchets Hatch, Jun 28, 2011.

1. Ratchets Hatch

Ratchets Hatch Explosions?

News Credits:
    I was just watching the Fox Business Channel, and they interviewed Hasbro's CEO and asked him about Transformers and how the upcoming movie release was going to affect the franchise. He talked a little about the film and the new toy lines.

When asked what the hottest new Transformers product was, he said Kreo, and described the new line of brick-building robots.

2. destrongerlupus

destrongerlupus #MoreSawBoss

News Credits:
    The largely untouched Kre-O display at my local TRU says otherwise, but OK...

3. Ratchets Hatch

Ratchets Hatch Explosions?

News Credits:
    Lol I know. It seemed like he was trying to push Kreo more than anything.

4. sideswipe88

sideswipe88 Stig's Asian Cousin

News Credits:
    Call me back when they make TRANSFORMING "K-reo" transformers or else they can't be called transformers :lol 

5. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What is the CEO going to say? That Kre-O is going to flop? lol Of course he's going to promote the new line as "hot". :)  Frankly, I think Kre-O will do well. Like any new product, it takes time to catch on. Some catch on faster than others, but Hasbro and its CEO are marketing it well. This was a good opportunity for him to plug Kre-O.

6. CodeXCDM

CodeXCDM Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thing is... Kreo *could* be a decent line... if the kits made transformable robots.

Don't get why you can only make the bot OR the alt. People have used legos to make transformable things before... if you're putting something out there with the "Transformers" name on it... it *should* transform.

7. Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus Movie Megs eats your soul

News Credits:
    You mean like Speed Stars or Robot Replicas, or Titanium 3" or Robot Power figures or Robot Heroes?

Kre-O is a building block toy. If I wanted a transforming Transformer, I'd grab one of the DOZENS the next aisle over and at a lower price.

8. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Kreo makes me think of food... but the toys are the most un-impressive looking wastes of plastic since the last time we had lego transformers.

Actually, worse.

9. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    The sets do transform.

People forget what the actual deffinition of transform is, and how it's more often used. And the reason they don't convert without disassembly is because all those fan-made lego TFs are either way too big or intricate or far, far too flimsy, or just look like shit.

10. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Kre-o = ultimate partsformers

11. robowarrior

robowarrior Arcee's BF

News Credits:
    So much dislike on Kre-O.. I think they're awesome.

12. Sportimus

News Credits:
    I think they are awesome too. The problem is too many just aren't getting the whole point of Kre-o. If you want a transforming toy, you buy a regular Transformer. Kre-o's are BUILDING SETS. If they transformed, people would be complaining of parts constantly falling off and the toys being too fragile. These suckers have good posability and hold together pretty well. Most look pretty decent too. For what they are, they rock.

13. wildfly

wildfly Lasers, 8 O'Clock, Day 1.

News Credits:
    Revenge of the Fallen didn't do as well as we wanted, so we shrunk the toys this time round and added a spring loaded weapon as a 'bonus' to distract people from our corner cutting.

14. Sportimus

News Credits:
    LOL, I don't think that would be in his and Hasbro's best interest. ;) 

Looking back at ROTF toys, I'm really not all that impressed with them. Supreme Devastator was a supreme flop, Deluxe Rampage was bleh, and a few others were not as interesting to me compared to Movie 1 toys. Despite the slight shrinkage due to the amount of plastic devoted to the over-sized mechtech weapons, I find the toys and characters more interesting in TF3 than TF2. Even Deluxe Ratchet rocks.

Anyway, getting back to Kre-O, I really do feel that the BUILDING sets deserve a fair chance and the bashing they get is not really fair. It is good to see the CEO doing his job promoting the company's new products in a positive light without having to make anything up. Hasbro's done a better job than other toy companies when it comes to creating interesting products that are also of good quality and have decent play value to them.

15. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I get the feeling Kreos being pushed massively because Lego is so popular right now.

Who knows, if I see a small/medium Kreo set I might pick it up to see what its like, but I wont hold my breath, I still remember the horrific building block attempt by Hasbro back during Armada... Build to Rule was it?

16. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    but but the ROTF toyline was the best selling transformers toy line of all time

i want the kre-o kits badly, but i can't find them

17. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Yup, Built to Rule.

Built to Rule Toys - Kre-O & Built to Rule - TFW2005

18. rework

rework The Voice of Experience

Kre-o is Hasbro's latest attempt to crack into the massively popular building block market.

I'm sure they see opportunity there because the market is huge and it's dominated by one company who maintains a rather high price point. Lego's have to be relatively cheap to make - Compare the intricacy and engineering vs. Transformers - So there is a lot of room for a quality product to come in, undercut Lego to take a small market share, and make some money. I haven't seen Hasbro's price points, but Megabloks is doing it.

BTR was a flop. There was nothing really appealing about it. But with Kre-o Hasbro may have hit on the one thing people like most about Legos: The Minifigs. By making Transformer character Minifigs, they might just draw in enough business to make some profit at this. Just about all the marketing I see promotes the figures, not the models or the blocks.

But the CEO calling them the "hottest" product? That's just wishful thinking.

19. odeean

odeean Infiltrator

News Credits:
    I would gladly buy kreo but I doubt Hasbro will stick with it long enough for it to filter to me. I buy other random cool bricks I see - Smurfs are an example. I though BTR were OK for what they are. The main problem all these sets have is the price point. It is hard to get enough parts to make a truly good toy. My last Lego creation probably used $500 worth of bricks and I doubt that will ever be feasible in the market.