Hasbro CEO Happy with The Hub progress

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by shroobmaster, Feb 9, 2011.

1. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  2. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I just wish they'd stop skipping episodes of Happy Days and actually play the Batman episodes in order. Oh and play the 3rd season of Transformers G1...

I can't seem to find a general email address for them.

3. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

For a new network it's not doing bad. People tend to look at the bigger cable networks and think they were always that way but I remember things like the launch year of Sci-Fi when every show was done on a shoe string budget and old B movies had to fill time slots.

4. Swoop Dogg

Swoop Dogg me King!

News Credits:
    I'm digging "The Wonder Years". I DVR that show every night. It was one of my favorite shows as a kid.

I too hope G1 Season 3 shows up.

5. Thundershot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's how I am with Happy Days and Batman. The DVR is wonderful. I'm just annoyed that they skip episodes, especially ones I really wanted to see again.

6. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    CEO happy means Hasbro is making money, which means more Transformers, which means I'm happy :D 

7. Swoop Dogg

Swoop Dogg me King!

News Credits:
    That's weird. They haven't skipped any Wonder Years episodes - except to play all of the Christmas ones around Christmas time. Other than that, they have pretty much followed the correct order.

8. Thundershot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The Batman ones are being played out of order (I even have my old Batbook from the 80's for reference) and it's more obvious with the 3rd season ones because the end of most episodes set up the villain for the following episode.

With Happy Days, they didn't skip around, but they completely passed over most of the multi-part episodes (including the one where Fonzie jumps the shark!). Very disappointing, especially since the Happy Days DVD's are very slow at coming out due to music rights issues.

EDIT: Sorry.. getting off track from the post. I think the Hub is a wonderful channel, and in fact, it's probably the channel we watch the most. I watch Transformers and Batman and Happy Days with my son on DVR, not to mention all the new stuff.

9. Bgrngod

Bgrngod Autocon

News Credits:
    My wife and I have been watching G.I. Joe quite a bit. She likes that one a lot and I have to agree. The A-Team "tribute" angle is interesting. Which is all we really watch on it since part 5 of the Prime premier aired. I did catch an episode of Doogie. That sure makes me feel old.

Overall they seem to be doing pretty good based on what I've seen. The commercials for the other shows they air have me interested a bit, but I haven't really watched any of them. That "Dan" show or whatever it is might be funny but I haven't checked it out yet. I've already got 4-5 other shows I watch weekly and have a limit to how much I can sit and watch TV. Tosh.0 does a good job of maxing out my comedy quota for the week.

10. Thundershot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, I've been tempted to check out that "Dan Vs" show too. The voice actor sounds like "Booger" from Revenge of the Nerds, and it looks funny.

EDIT: Upon a quick Google, it appears that it IS Curtis "Booger" Armstrong! Cool!

11. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Dan Vs. is hilarious. Some of the jokes on the first three episodes are predictable but their timing and delivery make even those awesome.

12. Skottech

Skottech Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    yeah, Dan Vs, is a good one.

"Fraggle Rock" is the show that makes me feel old.

overall I'd say the Hub is a good channel

13. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    Caught my first glimpse of Dan vs. over the weekend and was surprised at how much I chuckled. Also got away with a few things, like air balloonists being cultists about to sacrifice a woman.

That, My Little Pony, TF Prime, G.I.Joe as well as old favorites like Fraggle Rock, Batman Beyond, Men in Black, etc. makes it an interesting mix of Boomerang, Cartoon Network and TV Land.

14. Creaky

Creaky King of Puppies

News Credits:
    Happy CEO is good, means the channel will continue, which hopefully means it'll continue to grow and give us more juicy goodness.

Just wish it was available here.

15. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    Well if it continues to do well, it'll open up to more markets.

I'm very happy with The Hub. We got some great shows in the line up and more stuff coming soon.

16. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy It's pronounced "ribby"

News Credits:
    Doogie Howser, Dan Vs., and Transformers Prime all make me as happy as Hasbro's CEO. Except, you know, I'm not getting money from it.

17. ComicGuy89

ComicGuy89 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I hope this channel grows. It is basically the future of the Transformers franchise.

18. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    So THAT'S why he sounds so familiar to me.:lol 

19. Paxtin

Paxtin Why am I here?

Yeah, Dan Vs. isn't a brilliant comedy show. It's actually kind of average. But it's dry wit and delivery of it's punch lines are what makes it worth watching.

20. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I really love this channel. I'd have to say that it's second to only AMC as my favorite and most-viewed channel. Also, I'm pretty happy to report that my wife feels this way as well regarding the Hub. Also, most of her friends feel similarly. When she told me of all of that, I was pretty thrilled to hear about how much people are enjoying the channel :)