Hasbro Can Do No Wrong When It Comes To Transformers

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by GrimlockAutobot, Jun 10, 2008.

1. GrimlockAutobot

GrimlockAutobot Me No Bozo Me King!!

News Credits:
    Hasbro is "in the zone" when it comes to Transformers. Everything they do or touch turns to gold with this franchise.

Just look at the toylines that have been out lately. Classics--great. Movie--good. Animated--great. IMO there has been no better time to be a collector than right now.

That doesn't include the TF movie itself or the Animated cartoon--both were/are great.

Hasbro has made some great choices when it comes to TFs. I think we're in the "golden age" or reniassance of TF collecting because of these choices hasbro has made.

What do you think?

2. Tenebrouser

Tenebrouser Craft...or is it crap?

A lot of those movie toys were meh, but I think they've gotten on a nice roll since Cybertron came out, generally. Animated is the first good toon to come out since BW/BM. So, overall I guess they're on a hot streak with the brand.

3. rework

rework The Voice of Experience

I think it's no coincidence that this came about just as Hasbro was starting to respect is own brand for the potential it has.

For a long time, Hasbro considered Transformers to be a bit of a fad toy line - Hugely popular for a short while, but then drop off pretty quick - Something like a Pokemon or Beyblade... G1 more or less appeared to follow that pattern.

The past few years they've come around into realizing that Transformers can be an enduring franchise like GiJoe or Barbie as long as they make sure they put the effort into it to do things right... The movie, the Classics line and TFA have all been big steps along those lines.

Plus it helps that the Star Wars franchise has kinda taken some time off... Hasbro has so much invested in that license that when there's new Star Wars media being released, they have to make that their number one priority.

4. Dropshot

Dropshot Transform your destiny

News Credits:
    For me it's a great time to be a transformers fan. With A/E/C I almost gave up the hobby, but the movie news pulled me back and it turned out to be great. Animated has been very good show.

But not for everyone it's a great time to be a transfan, many people hated the movie, and many can't stand anything related to animated.

5. BrokenSVT

BrokenSVT It's not broken anymore.

I agree with this.

I also agree with this.

Now, without starting a "war," it's interesting to note that these statements pretty well sum up the year-old debate that is "G1 vs. Michael Bay."

The folks who love G1 and want nothing to conflict with it tend to hate the new lines, say A/E/C/Classics/Movie/Animated. On the converse, a lot of the fanbase of the Armada-Animated lines stray away from G1 because they're "bricks," etc.

I have a bit of everything in my collection and love them all, but I can't agree with the OP more. It is indeed a great time to be a collector.

6. GrimlockAutobot

News Credits:

I don't understand all of the debating going on around here. If you love the G1 toys and hate the movie you're entitled to to your opinion. If you hate G1 toys and love the movie line then that's an OK opinion to have. If you love them all (animated included.) for what they are then that's fine too.

My point is there's no wrong opinion or point of view to have when it comes to the toy lines and tv shows/movies. No one should argue about this issue because ther's no wrong answers.

7. BrokenSVT

BrokenSVT It's not broken anymore.

I wasn't starting a debate, simply stating an interesting observation...hence my disclaimer.

8. GrimlockAutobot

News Credits:

No I didn't think you were starting a debate.......my statement was more of a general observation to what you were saying.

Anyway.....more of the animated Grimlock talk please.

9. Kingplay

Kingplay Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    lol, they did some huge wrongs a few years back when they decided to kill off almost everyone...

then they made the story-lines way too complicated

10. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I think that sentiment has been expressed since... well, mid-Cybertron or so. I think Galaxy Force has been my favorite cartoon since Beast Wars, and combine that with everything since 20th Prime came out- it's good times. Tons of cool homages, Classics, great Botcon sets (even 06 with the BW stuff), a US-based cartoon (english at any rate), a blockbuster movie franchise... yeah, we've got it good now. :D 

Except I'm still waiting for Masterpiece Hot Rod..

11. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    Actually since the end of Alternators and more recently the movie line I wont be buying nearly as much nor as I'm as excited over TF's as I was the last couple of years. Animated's alright but for me is considered a big slowdown when coming off great lines such as Alt's, Cybertron, Movie, and more. I'm not a big fan of Classics to begin with either so like Animated it's really going to be limited depending on how they are and how much free cash I have. For me my TF spending is really going to get pulled off mainline stuff like Animated & Universe and more focused around Japanese stuff like Encore's and their movie Premiums. That and going back and picking up bits and pieces from other lines (such as Binaltech which I'm hell bent now to complete).

So for me it's more were just coming off what your saying about Hasbro being in the zone and doing no wrong when it comes to TF's. The brand is still going strong no question but for me at least the current and upcoming stuff does not generate the excitement of what we've got the last couple of years.

12. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    the only thing i find wrong with Hasbro recently is their decision to make Lugnut so slaggin tiny. i mean, on his own and with Voyager Vulkhead, hes fine-but i nearly cry when he stands next to my Deluxes.