Hasbro Behind the Scenes - Megatron "Pretend Engineering" image

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Sol Fury, May 15, 2018.

1. Music

Music Primetimus Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    I could careless if the orange cap law was existent or not, but outside of paying tribute to the original cartoon, Megatron turning into a handgun is really lame in my opinion. I'll take any other alt mode over that handgun, hell, I'll even take a truck-sized space gun as long as no one has to hold him.

2. RodimusSupreme

RodimusSupreme Autobot Leader and Combiner

Twitter:
    YouTube:
    DON'T YOU GET MY HOPES UP MAN!!!
    I think you're misinterpreting the purpose of this. They're literally designs for toy joints. They wouldn't "engineer" an animation model, they "engineer" toys.
    Oh yes, because Megatron shrinking down into a gun his most traitorous soldier can use as he sees fit is so much better and makes so much more sense than Megatron turning into a vehicle his own size that he can use himself, lets just blame it immediately on toy safety laws for ruining my irrational opinion. And then there's this:
    You're just ignorant. Those were loony, stupid things done to sell toys back then, and since Hasbro has grown this franchise beyond that, they aren't going to use those stupid, irrational ideas anymore. And "Enough is enough already"? What's enough? Better ideas? More sensible alternate mode choices? Actual effort?! Yeah, it's probably about time we just went back to the 80's where things were 100% treated like a giant toy commercial. Just stop while you can dude. It's not the 80's anymore. It never will be the worst animated, worst written 80's ever again. Move on.

P.S., This: "This tank thing has been going on long before kids in the hood started pointing snickers bars at the cops and getting shot" was unnecessary.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

Based on the clamoring here and elsewhere, Hasbro could really do a number by releasing these Cyberverse designs both as the bargain level items they are releasing them currently, and better engineered Generations level figures in different stores. Make everybody happy with only one design.

• Like Like x 2
  4. RodimusSupreme

Twitter:
    YouTube:
  5. Music

Music Primetimus Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube:
  6. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking "Don't touch it! It's evil!"

News Credits:
    You do realize Hasbro sold Megatron as a gun as late as 2016, right?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Rated X

Rated X Well-Known Member

Dude slow your role with the use of the words "ignorant" and "stupid". No need for all that. You dont know me bro. I get it....You like tanks. Youll be the first one to buy tickets for Trumps proposed military parade. I have nothing against tanks, thats what we got Brawl, Warpath, and Bludgon for. Megatron is cool as hell as a gun. I find it ironic that all the new school fans think "mass shifting" is so stupid but think transformation itself is so believable. Its alien technology dude. Anythings possible. Hasbro didnt do the megatron tank thing wasnt done to satisfy you and your hate of mass shifting. They did it to satisfy stupid politicians and cops that need better training. And we definitely dont need militas made up of homeowners association commandos. The real reason kids cant have toy guns is because we (Americans) have saturated the country with too many real guns. Its no longer about abount self defense anymore. Now its about mutilating paper targets and preparation for the zombie apocalypse. Back in the 80s you knew a toy gun was a toy because Earl and Billy Bob didnt get real guns for their 18th birthdays like they do today. Im so lucky I didnt have to play with nerf guns as a kid. We had realistic toy guns. Being a kid today must really suck. Just saying....

8. Rated X

Iif you want to call that a gun, yes. I call it a joke. But as stupit as that particular gun was, its better than a tank. Especially the takara united version with no red or orange.

9. RodimusSupreme

Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Which are based on the Evergreen designs...
    And look at how much they had to do to it to get that one to market. And what other Megatron could they have put with that Optimus at that time?

So now you're gonna insult us southerners?
    ...Because randomly being able to change mass is just a normal as robots moving part around other parts? I actually can believe that. Mass Shifting, despite the genuine attempts by IDW to make it less silly, is just silly.

1: "Knowing you" has anything to do with this how? 2: Well, I see you're one of those people...

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2018
  10. Music

Music Primetimus Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    No they're not. They just both happen to be based on G1. I posted this earlier in another thread but take a look at Starscream. The entire chest is quite different. Even his wings are shaped completely differently.

trasformers-evergreen-vs-cyberverse.jpg

EDIT: Updated with a better image.

Last edited: May 16, 2018
  11. WishfulThinking

News Credits:
    Not sure what you mean by that. The only other gun Megatron in CHUG is the legion class figure.

I suppose my point is that IF Hasbro wanted to make Megatron a gun in Cyberverse, they could. It'd just have to be a NERF-style gun again. Actually, a working NERF gun Megatron would be all sorts of awesome. Something on the level of Brave Series Gunkid.
    [​IMG]

12. RodimusSupreme

Twitter:
    YouTube:
    I actually would buy a Nerf gun Megatron for the fun of it. But it's still too silly to work nowadays.

13. RodimusSupreme

Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Still look like they're based on Evergreen. I could've sworn it was said somewhere that that was intentional...

14. WishfulThinking

News Credits:
    Why is it too silly? Hasbro incorporated NERF into Star Wars toys not that long ago. What's good for the goose is good for the gander...

15. Rated X

I dont think youre more southern than me bro, unless you live in key west. Im from Miami born and raised...the bottom, dirty south, whatever you wanna call it.

Is mass shifting really any more silly than say "the force" in star wars? I think whats really silly is humans hell bent on justifying alien technology.

Yeah exactly. You dont know me. You dont know nothing about me to be calling me ignorant or stupid because you disagree with my opinion. I see youre one of those people who type stuff on internet forums that they wouldnt say to strangers in person.

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2018
  16. RodimusSupreme

Twitter:
    YouTube:
    I'm not talking about toylines, I'm talking about fiction. A gun mode for Megatron would be silly in tv shows or movies.
    Miami is in the south, but it ain't southern.
    I see you like to tell people that they can't say anything about you even after reading your posts, but you have no issue telling others what you think they are after reading theirs.

17. WishfulThinking

News Credits:
    Not sure I follow there either. While I understand that tanks and planes make it easier for Megatron to transport himself, there's a certain elegance and potential moment of surprise reveal if Megatron were hiding himself as a mere weapon. It all comes down to writing a compelling reason for Megatron to be a gun and not a tank or jet.

18. RodimusSupreme

Twitter:
    YouTube:
    It's the Mass-Shifting that kills it, though. And if he didn't Mass-Shift, he'd just be this giant honking gun no one can use until combiners are built, and even then...

19. Kaosu Reido

Kaosu Reido Well-Known Member

Here, let me simplify this conversation for you guys:

"Megatron was a gun when I was a kid, ergo, Hasbro and Takara should bend over backwards to somehow make him a gun again, no matter what."

"Him being a gun makes no sense these days and is also completely untenable, while being a tank means he can be a giant war machine without needing someone to hold him."

"No, you see, Megatron was a gun when I was a kid, ergo"

• Like Like x 3
  20. THE-TRANSFORMER

THE-TRANSFORMER Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Slightly OT to this OT...

I have no issue with Megatron turning into a tank. However I do with Galvatron. I see no reason why he shouldn\'t always be an awesome space cannon.