Hasbro and twist ties

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Mr. Wholesome, Jan 26, 2007.

1. Mr. Wholesome

Mr. Wholesome WWOD What Would Ops Do?

Ebay:
    Does anyone else think Hasbro is trying to take over the world or atleast be extremely annoying with these damn twisty ties? I mean it's ridiculous on how many of these they need on one toy. I just started collecting again during the summer and I can't believe it.

Like the other day I bought the Transformes Cybertron Series 4 Optimus Prime figure, you know the one that's 3.99, and it had four twist ties! Why do you need so many? The figure is two inches tall and sealed in an immobile package. But sometimes its the opposite like with Classic Bumblebee, there is only two. I want to know what their reasoning is.

Well maybe one day twist ties will become the worlds currency and we'll all be covered.

2. butz

butz slippery when wet

When faced with an army of twisty ties, nail clippers are your friend.

3. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    They're there so the toys don't break or fall out of position when the packaging is knocked about or falls off the shelf.

Its also to stop people from ripping the toy out of the package in stores for the purposes of thievery.

4. wheeljaxx

wheeljaxx Banned

that, or they could just have a contract sealed in blood with satan himself. satan makes sure transformers are around for ever, guarenteeing hasbro somesort of revenue for teh end of time, and in turn, hasbro frees hell of its evil hearted twisties to run havoc and chaos among kids and collectors alike, thus ensuring hell has a large population for the hatred and negativity and evil thoughts given of by us all while trying to get the damn things off

5. Runamuck

Runamuck Swindle Knows Best

News Credits:
    Yup, I figured this out early. lol

It's funny how back in the day they didn't need twist ties. They had styrofoam and cardboard with bubbles.

I know they can't put styrofoam in the packages anymore, but still....all those twisty ties in the Magnus/Skywarp box was ridiculous. lol They even had twisty ties for the hands...

6. fschuler

fschuler Member TFW2005 Supporter

[Metallica]Sad But True[/Metallica]

7. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    QFT!

8. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    I remember posting the nail clipper solution on BWTF's message board a long damn time ago like it was such a big deal and now it's almost common knowledge... I've gone advanced these days, I've got a clipper that comes to a point and has a curved jaw with only half the cutting surface, gets into small areas really well where I can't work a normal set of clippers.

9. butz

butz slippery when wet

I got one of those too! It was my GF's; first time I saw it I was like why the hell are they shaped like that?! They work wonders but I think she has hidden them from me now ....

10. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

Bah! Keychain Leatherman tool FTW. Snipsnipsnip.

[​IMG]

11. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I use those tiny nail-clipper scissors to cut them.

12. Eric

Eric RIP AND TEAR!!!

News Credits:
    Nail clippers for me.

But yeah, packaging for TFs and other toys these days are just pissing me off. Heck, even the packaging for video game accessories are a pain in the ASS! When I die, I'm gonna haunt all the packaging companies, screaming "REVENGE!"

13. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I've gotten good with the twist ties. A good way to learn patience. The thing I usually have to end up cutting are those d@mned rubber band things that force the pose of the Transformer. I can almost hear the Transfomer saying "Thank you" or "Domo" getting him/her out of the package. I think MIB is a form of torture. :lol 

14. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Nail clippers are probably the best thing ever. I had suffered for years painfully untwisting those bastards.

The twist ties on the first 6" Tits Prime are horrible.

15. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Even my wife commented on the huge ass number of twisties on the UM/ Skywarp box. Simply insane. I'ma bit OCD, so I feel I need to untie each one manually. Forget about cardboard prisons...it's the plastic shackles that the bots truly need to be set free from.

-Tony!

16. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

For me it's all about my dollar-store wire-snips. These are the -best- way to get those twist-ties off. Just imagine nail-clippers, but with a nice spring-loaded plier-style handle with a non-slip grip. Just awesome.

When I first started using them, the clouds opened, a shaft of light hit my emancipated transformer, and a chorus of Hallelujahs was heard. :) 

zmog

17. ShortCircuit

ShortCircuit Decepticon

Mp-04 had me bleeding badly. I was wondering, does a machine do the tying? Is it a human MACHINE!!!! WOW. Takara means translation : "treasure" I dont know why I typed that. Lil tidbit I found out today.

18. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    i use teeth and nails because im a manly mans man.

19. Mr. Wholesome

Mr. Wholesome WWOD What Would Ops Do?

Ebay:
    The pain and struggle of gettin' the little bastards off makes me feel all the more better when I release the poor guys from their plastic prison hell.

And yeah, ever since 20th Anv. OP I've been using nail clippers and other various clipping implements. Also try model kit clippers, this is exactly the kinda stuff they're made for.

20. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    Dude, I can't even remember how many my 20th anv OP had, but it was a ton. All toys are packaged like this now. It got a little ridiculous when we were trying to "free" all the toys my 2 kids got for X-mas. I was buried in twisties for days. I can't even Image how many Dark_Convoy must have had. :D