Hasbro 3Q Revenue Up 18%, Driven by TF sales

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Tim Formas, Oct 22, 2007.

1. Tim Formas

Tim Formas Old Man Administrator

News Credits:
    http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/071022/20071022005654.html?.v=1

2. thoughtcrime

thoughtcrime Well-Known Member

About what I expected after not being able to find anything for weeks on end. Now hopefully some of this budget will be allocated into even MORE classics :thumb 

3. SpeedBreaker

SpeedBreaker DESTRON NEW LEADER

Pretty cool considering a lot of that TF movie roleplay stuff just seems to be hanging around on the shelves.

4. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    I find it hard to believe that the Marvel movie related toys helped at all, but whatever, TFs were mentioned first!!:rock 

5. BHiga6181

BHiga6181 Constructicon

News Credits:
    Im sure Transformers was #1 for them this quarter but let's not forget about the launch of GI Joe 25th annv line. Between those and transformers, there wasnt a single item on the shelves for mre than an hour....

Now just imagine what the numbers would have been had they actually had enough product to fill the demand all this time!!!

Damn it Hasbro, we want your stuff.....SHIP MORE OF IT!!!!

6. Tim Formas

Tim Formas Old Man Administrator

News Credits:
    Hasbro's report is based off what they have sold to retailers and not necessarily what is purchased in store. Stores may be sitting on cases and cases of some Hasbro items, but the immediate impact for Hasbro in # of cases sold to retailers. However, these retailers may not order the same amount of product from Hasbro in the future if these products don't sell in addition to reducing shelf space. In turn, some of the Marvel movie items that don't sell now may affect Hasbro in the future. Right now though, they're sitting pretty.

Anyways, I did listen to part (the front and end) of the Hasbro conference call about the 3Q earnings. Not much....just a few tidbits....

- Transformers shipments not "front-loaded" for 2Q and 3Q. They expect similar numbers for Transformers in 4Q, based on DVD sales and new and returning fans.
    - They mentioned that they have heard DVD sales are fantastic
    - Mention that they believe Animated toys to break in 1Q2008.
    - Star Wars down again

7. MattMoylan

MattMoylan Well-Known Member

I'm sure all Mattel's bad publicity this year is helping the big H as well.

8. Pikatron

Pikatron Well-Known Member

Yep. They're sitting there right alongside the Spiderman toys.

9. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    Now imagine what the numbers would have been if the supply actually kept up with demand.

10. clonemanager

clonemanager Hunter

News Credits:
    If Hasbro knows what to produce more , I bet the earning will be much higher... I meant... like the Titanium everyone is still looking... "G1 Ultra Magnus" ...

11. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Hasbro might have seen more inflated numbers had they released more Movie Deluxe, Voyager, and Leader Transformers. Especially the first two. I finally gave up hunting and went to eBay for Voyager Optimus Prime.

12. ViperDragon

ViperDragon Well-Known Member

TF should have helped raise profits as I can't find any deluxe ones around my area. They need to stick to making Transformer toys and stay away from the 'role-playing' garbage as, stated above, most of it is still warming the shelves. Use those materials to make more deluxe toys (i.e. '08 BumbleBee)!

13. kronos

kronos PSN = KRONOSX1

News Credits:
    The thing with supply and demand, its hard to predict what will sell and what wont. I mean, produce too much and you take a risk of taking a loss. produce not enough and you have a shortage. Its balancing act! And usually when it comes to items in a line like Titanium and Alternators, They flooded the market with initial releases. The retailers saw a huge amount not selling. So they ordered fewer of the later waves. Thats why hasbro sinks lines. Yet with the movie line, not a whole lot of figures were ordered and we have the opposite. a shortage. Now its catchup time. And keep in mind that lots of other companies licensed the name from hasbro. So I would assume those fees take up a rather large chunk of thae TF revenue!

14. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

The G. I. Joe toys are the ones that make me mad. Here we have an awesome line which in my opinion is the BEST since the original and yet it is hard to find them. Also true for the movie toys as well.

15. Otispq

Otispq Elocution Onymous

News Credits:
    Yep, more money for them should mean more toys for us!