Hasbro 2nd Quarter Profits Fall On Star Wars Decline

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Joe Moore, Jul 24, 2006.

1. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060724/bs_nm/manufacturing_hasbro_earns_dc_2

2. PG13

PG13 Well-Known Member

I wonder how the stocks will do with the release of the Transformers movie

3. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

well maybe this will encourage them to clear some of the star wars space on the shelves for Transformers :) 

4. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Hasbro doesn't control hom much space a store devotes to the Star Wars stuff and the Transformers stuff. My local Walmart has been overstocked with Star Wars s**t for over 6 months now.
    :tocas :stickies  :D  :drunk  :lolol 

5. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    There are resets planned nationwide at Target toy aisles at the end of this month. I'm noticing a lot of clearance tags in the Star Wars and Pirates of the Carribean sections. I imagine those sections will shrink a bit or disappear entirely. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see the new space go to Classics.

6. Joe Moore

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Well Target is going to be the Transformers Headquarters come movie time. So expect some major space to be devoted to the various TF lines over the coming months at Target.

7. Dark Magnus

Dark Magnus Your opinion is wrong!

Ebay:
    I can tell you right now that you'll likely have to wait until after Christmas for any significant changes to the amount of space TFs get. The 7/30 reset for toys give Transformers roughly the same footage they currently with a little extra being added mostly for attacktix and Primus.

You would be quite wrong on both accounts sir. Starwars is keeping the same amount of shelf space, and PotC and Superman are keeping their spots in the action figure aisle, just slightly smaller due to some items being dropped. Classics also will not show up anytime soon as they're not attavhed to any planogram. My guess is a revision in October or November for adding spots for the classics.

8. Joe Moore

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I wasn't referring to an immediate increase. Stores usually have a gradual fazing out of things and fazing in of larger areas for hot selling items. Plus it also depends on what's available at what time. By Christmas, the only things really available for TF's will be Classics, Titaniums, Attacktix and whatever's held over for Cybertron.

And then when the movie promotional blitz begins, we'll see the big explosion in toy space and merchandise.

9. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    My guess is by mid-May next year, TFs will be in the front of the aisle and SW will be pushed back. Movie blitz baby!

10. The Phazer

The Phazer Well-Known Member

International sales dropped again.

What a surprise. Anyone would think they were morons or something.

Phazer

11. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    But there will be seperate space for TF Titaniums, apart from the other waves of Titaniums, correct? Seperate shelf/peg tags have been seen.
    Well, if you've seen planograms, you're better informed than I. Thanks for the info.

12. Dark Magnus

Dark Magnus Your opinion is wrong!

Ebay:
    Correct, the transformers titaniums are right next to the sw/bsg titaniums, but each ave different DPCIs, which i forsee causing some stocking issues as uninformed team members just mash the two together. The six incher also have separate shelf spaces as well.