Has WfC Changed How You Look at TFs?

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Spekkio, Feb 27, 2012.

1. Spekkio

Spekkio Master of War

I know I'm late to War for Cybertron, but I haven't seen this discussed (and I did go a few pages back). It's something I've been thinking about a lot lately.

War for Cybertron has changed how I look at Transformers. When I'm pulling toys out of my collection to fiddle with for the day, I find myself choosing groups of three (in the past, I tended to go with two or four - I prefer even numbers). But now three feels right.

When I look at my collection...when I get them out and fiddle with them...I wonder which class they would be (Leader / Scientist / Soldier / Scout). Sometimes it's easy - if Sideswipe is a soldier, then Sunstreaker is a soldier, too. But some aren't so easy to decide on...is Powerglide a soldier or a scout? Grapple and Hoist...soldiers? Scientists?

How do you tell which cars are soldiers and which are scouts? Which category does Rodimus belong in? What about Hot Shot? A case could be made for those two being anything but Scientists. What about Lockdown? Is Override a leader or a soldier? (She is a "Convoy," after all, right?) What about Brakedown and Clocker? The latter is almost assuredly a scout, but the former...I don't know. Lockdown?

Cybertron Defense Hot Shot would almost certainly be a soldier...I think...so does that make Cybertron Hot Shot a scout? That doesn't seem quite right. (Then again - the upgrade for Red Alert and Scattorshot doesn't seem to register right, either...assuming you consider it an upgrade at all? It's rather confusing. Maybe the WfC class system doesn't adequately reflect such matters?)

What abilities would they have? This is something else that bugs me. For example, I feel that Jazz's abilities in WfC multiplayer are all wrong. I think that Cloak and Shockwave fit him better than Arcee. (Cloak, because I kinda see Jazz as a James Bond/ninja sort, and Shockwave, because of his ability to blast audio.) Oh, and while we're at it, I think he should have nunchaku, not swords, though that may be asking for too much.

So...yes, I overthink everything...but this is what my brain does.

2. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    Actually it really hasn't. I don't know if that's good or bad. WFC made all the characters essentially interchangable among groups for gameplay concerns, and in the case of most of them as far as personality goes as well. I'm afraid I can't subscribe to that.

3. Surge

Surge Village Dolt

News Credits:
    Kind of. I fell in love with the designs. I started my obsession for TFs with the movie-verse but after getting drawn-in to the WFC/FOC and Prime universes, it's kind of difficult for me to appreciate the movies as much as I used to.

4. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    It didn't change my view on Transformers. It had some good elements and such. Wasn't into the asthetic but understand what it was going for and I love how they did Trypticon!

Transformers Prime on the other hand did change my views and I like it's style more!:) 

5. Surge

Surge Village Dolt

News Credits:
    And you totally want to ************ Arcee. We know.

*cowers in fear* DON'T HURT ME! :eek: 

6. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    I'm not gonna hurt you!:lol  And I don't want to do that to Arcee if she were real by the way despite what I said about her.

Off topic I too am a fan of Ed,Edd,n,Eddy!:thumb 

On topic there are things that I like about WFC like how it trys to bring the G1 desgins into a new level and such. And I love how in FOC thye made the Dinobots looks epic and powerful!:D