Has this crossed anyone else's mind...?

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by RobtimusPrime, Jun 21, 2012.

1. RobtimusPrime

RobtimusPrime Active Member

Ebay:
    A Transformers game not unlike the Elder Scrolls (prepare for lots of Skyrim references).

-Total customisation of the character
    -Free-roam map with hours of missions, and a main, neutral quest where you fill some kind of role (like Dragonborn)
    -Multiple side-quests, including Autobot and Decepticon faction quests (like Imperials/Stormcloaks) and because of that it allows for good/evil characters, or maybe make yourself a Doubledealer.

Yeah, we have Universe coming up but it's not the same, it's a browser MMO...

I'm fanboying out right now, and it doesn't even exist... Just imagine Skyrim, but with Transformers, on a modern day Earth/Cybertron. How awesome would that be?? :D 

2. Firestorm777

Firestorm777 Banned

Hmm...

3. Meggamus

Meggamus I want FOC figures!!

I've always liked the idea of an open world transformers game. If it took place in a portion of cybertron, it could work very well especially online , it would be so much fun

HMS said that the Unreal engine that they are using is really good for the big open environments like vortex's and SS's level so you never know, they could produce something like that in the future

4. RobtimusPrime

RobtimusPrime Active Member

Ebay:
    I really hope so!

5. scoobsterinc

scoobsterinc Scoobs

News Credits:
    This would be awsome I would play it for days with friends or without friends! I have never really played that much of skyrim but I do like giant open worlds where you can explore and do anything you want.

6. Zhadow

Zhadow Oh hi there

There's something called Transformers online which is a MMO and looks like to have the concept style of Prime, some of your interest could also lay there.

7. Arbitron

Arbitron Banned

An open world Transformers game set on Cybertron(or Earth) with fully customizable characters, open world gameplay and such would be amazing.

8. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yes that concept crossed my mind.

9. Grimlockimus

Grimlockimus Wot?

News Credits:
    It's a dream game that hopefully will come true.

But I'm content just walking around some MP maps on WFC and soon to be FOC as well.

Oh, and due to the Skyrim reference, this must be said:

"ME GRIMLOCK DOVAHKIING!"

10. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

Sounds like my ideal video game style so I'd approve.

I haven't played Skyrim but that style reminds me a lot of Infamous which made me think. What if they made a game where you play an original character who slowly has to choose weather to become an Autobot or a Decepticons.

Of course, that should be a simple choice at the beginning so the makers would have to get creative. As an off the top of my head idea, let's say it's set at the beginning of the war. You are a young Cybertronian, hatched in a city overrun by Decepticons. You take it upon yourself to chase the Decepticons out of the city. However, as you are not part of the Autobot forces, they count you as a vigilante and try to stop you.

You are then given the choice to help others or help yourself until the end where you shall be approached by either Optimus Prime or Megatron, depending on your karma and join whichever's faction.

11. Meggamus

Meggamus I want FOC figures!!

:lol 
    Another skyrim reference would be if you went to talk to a guard and he said
    "I used to be able to transform like you, untill I took a null ray shot to the knee"
    Or something to that effect

12. optimegatron

optimegatron Not over, not finished.

News Credits:
    :lol 

Yeah, that concept would be amazing if it came to be. That was actually the primary thing I hoped for when FOC was revealed.
    Well, at this point, I think it's safe to say FOC won't have a full open world, but I would like some functionality like... Being able to walk around inside the Ark, or stray from the main path in Optimus' level and find a cool easter egg. Something to stand out.