Has this been a dark age for Transformers cartoons?

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by AwesomeCon, Apr 24, 2017.

1. DarkEyes

DarkEyes Well-Known Member

What "majority opinion on Prime"? Transformers Prime is one of the best Transformers cartoons out there. Of course, considering how all Transformers cartoons are long commercials for selling toys.

RID is totally disappointed, apparently is more "family friendly", don't know what is that.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Rumblestorm

Rumblestorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The repetitive (Throw-away) villain of the week is just unbearable at this point. Every season is like 95% filler, 5% things that are actually important. I skimmed through so much of Season 3 up until now waiting for the story to actually go anywhere.
    Even movieverse Megatron has had more development, and he barely gets screen time. Atleast PRIME and the films have things to distract you from all their flaws. This show, however, does not.

Last edited: May 15, 2017
  3. beardy

beardy Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore.

I'd say the last dark age was when G2 finished and Transformers sales were the lowest they had ever been.
    And the Generation 2 cartoon was the weakest animated released by a country mile, rehashing G1 episodes with very 90's CGI.

4. valisihaud

valisihaud a troll among men

Twitter:
    YouTube:
    No, at this point this franchise has become so ubiquitous that even if there is a bad cartoon or comic there is always a better series running at the time, so we will probably never live through what could be considered a true "dark age" again

• Like Like x 1
  5. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    lol no.

I'm not exactly a Prime fan, but it was very far from being the worst TF series. Not even close. I don't even think it belongs in the bottom 50%.

6. Blam320

Blam320 Assembly Inventor

Prime ranks up with Beast Wars and Animated for great Transformers cartoons. The "Dark Ages" were hands down the Unicron trilogy. I personally don't care for the aesthetic choices made for NuRiD, but that's not to say it's a bad show.

• Like Like x 1
  7. ABrown

ABrown Well-Known Member

The only "dark age" that I would consider for new Transformers cartoons would be 1988-1995.

• Like Like x 3
  8. HereticalHeresy

HereticalHeresy Decepticon

News Credits:
    I just have literally no investment in it, that's the problem. I mean, no Megatron, and he's my all time favorite so it feels like there's no interest in it there on that front. Then there was the time slot issue when it was first on so I never watched it, and by the time it was finished and on Netflix, I just didn't feel like catching up. I'd pick up one or two Warriors figures I thought seemed appealing, and as much as I may like them, it doesn't feel like there is enough "wow" factor to get me to care about who I'm buying. Megatronus was nifty, but didn't spark enough of my interest. And all the gimmick toys aren't really making me want to jump on it either. Admittedly the combiner force has been the best thing to peak my interest yet, so maybe I'll check it out.

I suppose what I'm trying to say is I don't think it's bad, I just lack any real reason to feel invested enough to care.

9. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    I remember the Cybernet Spacecube, and that godawful intro.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Tailgreat

Tailgreat Active Member

Prime is the second best Transformers cartoon (after Beast Wars, yo).

RiD is a bit of a mess, admittedly.

11. RADimus prime

RADimus prime Autobot

Anyone else think its funny that 5 and sometimes 6 Autobots gets there asses kicked by 1 decepticon every week? 9 times out of 10 the decepticon gets away?Team Bee is not that good.....

12. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just had to comment on how "drama queen" it is to start a thread with the title like that. Dark Age? LOOOOL. I am guessing the thread starter was not around when all we had was bad to mediocre dubbed anime for TF (and GI Joe) shows.