Has there ever been any transformers crossovers with any other shows as a kid?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Zoneism, Nov 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    More like cobra! Cough cough cough

2. Altered Prime

Altered Prime Well-Known Member

That’s your opinion I don’t hear the full word being spoken
    Which the same voice the VA used for Starscream and reflector , There was little to no difference between all three of these voices so what’s your point?

AAnd No I didn’t ignore it I replied to it just like I did now, Maybe you didn’t read it , but I pointed out that there were many voice actors between the two shows

Visual clue not a confirmation

And as I pointed out before, I’m not making conclusions and statements you are, I have no problem with your belief I have a problem with you calling it a confirmed fact

And that’s total BS

It may not have been a big thing for cartoons the TV shows in general Hells yes

Granted one time only can be considered a spin off but when they continue to meet afterwords its no longer a spin off and they were plenty of crossovers on tv shows, off the top of my head I can recall a few from Archie Bunker shows , The Golden girls crossed over what other shows hell I can’t even remembe lieutenant Worf from Star Trek Tng showing up in the Webster episode

And now that I think of it Spiderman and his amazing friends had an episode that featured the Hulk......And from what I remember the hulk had a show of his own at the time so it’s not a spinoff Attempt

Last edited: Nov 19, 2017
  3. Altered Prime

If that’s how you like to hear it fine, but it’s not what I’m hearing

Last edited: Nov 19, 2017
  4. Fenrys

News Credits:
    ok whatever, im done with this conversation. its obvious what the intent was and who those characters are, you truly are being obstinate and also not actually offering anything to the conversation besides your opinion and what you feel is fact while also ignoring other facts. you will not be swayed so im done trying

5. Altered Prime

I don’t mean to sound rude but how many times do I have to tell you I don’t have a problem with all the characters may or may not of been intended to be?

My problem is with you
    It’s with you Claiming a confirmation When none was given in the Show

The only fact that you pointed to where that it was the same voice actors and that they may have shared a similar look.....Those things were never in dispute I fully agree with those things

And while your opinion might be shared by others it’s still nothing more than an opinion when it comes to what can be called Canon evidence

As I said several times the problem here is what you’re calling it a confirmed fact that’s it

6. Fenrys

News Credits:
    and my problem with you is that you are outright ignoring statements made by the writers and evidence within the show itself trying to come up with reasons why old snake being cobra commander and civilian being flint are not canon. short of it being spelled out in big red letters on the screen for you back in the 80s it was confirmed within the show through context clues and after the fact by the writers, but you'll just dismiss this as non canon and then we will start back at square one. and I have not just pointed out that these characters share voice actors across shows, but also VOICES. the same voice actor will usually use different voices for different characters. cobra commander and starscream, while similar, are not the same voice. I've also pointed out that old snakes history tracks with cobra commander, he has cobra commanders helmet and remnants of his uniform. I've also pointed out that "civilians" daughter has the same last name as flint and later material in the two franchises have further established that they are indeed father daughter. it is obvious what the writers intended, it is obvious what the animators intended, it is obvious what the voice director intended, the writers have confirmed it after the fact. any other viewpoint flies in the face of logic so whether or not it is blatantly spelled out in the show for a 2 year old or not, they are CONFIRMED as cobra commander and flint. is there some wiggle room for the possibility that they are not the same characters? sure, if you are ignorant of the g.i. joe franchise. otherwise you are wrong and I'm sorry you can't handle that.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2017
  7. Altered Prime

because statements made by the writers are not canon so they don't meet the burden of the confirmation
    that evidence was not ignored it just did not rise to the level of a confirmation
    as you said it yourself fever series of Clues not clear and definitive statements so again they do not rise to the level of a confirmation .

they are hardly indistinguishable from each other so again that point Falls

again clues that you not rise to a confirmation.

"Indeed"?. not by the proper definition and use of that word..... you making the same mistakes here you did with using the word confirmation

As you pointed out in the GI Joe series Flint's full name was never used, and no connection to the GI Joe character Flint was ever made in any Transformer episode, and considering the many differences in Transformers Universe is much less fictional universes through what other franchises there's just no way you can sustain the claim of" indeed"
    And as I stated many times I'm not arguing what they may or may not have intended I also do not disagree with your assessment of what they intended,

what I disagree with is your use of the words confirmation and now that they are 'indeed" the people and question

if there's wiggle room it's not because of ignorance of either franchise it's simply because they did not make a clear cut connectiin

In the end it's basically a numbers argument.
    Had these connection issues only presented themselves in a single episode your argument might have more of a leg to stand on

But Marissa appeared in upwards of 8 or 9 episodes, with one of them clearly depicting a character as her father, that's eight or nine times the storytellers had the opportunity to make one clear definitive statement as to the connection
    Then there is only human..... which also fails and making a direct clear definitive statement as to any connections.Measure that up against the entire series and the clues don't amount to much at all..... and in the end again they just do not measure up to a confirmation

I'm sorry you can't handle that.

8. Fenrys

News Credits:
    by this logic none of the joes have real names, only their codenames, despite the FACT that we KNOW their real names and that those names are canon to the franchise. this is where your argument fails, just because it is not explicitly stated in the show does not mean that it is not canon.

9. Altered Prime

Then your logic is faulty

It would only mean that their real names may not necessarily match the names given on the file cards, and considering how sometimes the toy buyers don't always match character depictions that's not really a foregone conclusion

And as before, this is where your argument fails, because it is not explicitly stated in the show , then it doesn't rise to the level of a Canon confirmation

10. Fenrys

News Credits:
    the gi joe cartoon never makes references to any names for the joes outside of their codenames, therefore their franchise established codenames are their given birth names because the show only ever uses those. that is the logical progression of your idea that if its not in the show it cant be considered canon. that is the flaw in your viewpoint

11. Altered Prime

Wrong....more on that l ater

therefore the franchise established that any real names are kepts seccrets

that is the true logical progression of my thinking and not the faulty logic you seem to be imploying

Faulty logic or a desperate need to try to prove yourself is the flaw in your viewpoint and argument

Besides from what I recall there was at least one episode that showed the cobras finding the real identities of a few characters and using that to try to attack their families

I don't recall the names that used but before you go there even if they match the toy buyers it doesn't prove anything definitively

12. Fenrys

News Credits:
    Whatever, both of us are convinced we are right and the other is wrong, neither of us is going to change the others mind as I have said already

• Like Like x 1
  13. Altered Prime

No problem and for the record no hard feelings on my part I actually enjoyed this a bit

• Like Like x 1
  14. Fenrys

News Credits:
    likewise :p  sorry if i ever come across aggressive or overly douchey, it really is unintentional :)  ultimately you and i just have different views on what is acceptable as canon

• Like Like x 1
  15. Altered Prime

No worries on the douche

I tend to come off condescending to some people so you have my apologies as well in the end as long as we don't resort to name-calling we're good

• Like Like x 1
  16. Fenrys

News Credits:
    amen to that

• Like Like x 1
  17. ProtectronPrime

ProtectronPrime Subjectively Objective

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    There is one other thing I forgot to mention:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

TFCC was an officially licensed club by Hasbro, so there's a colorable argument that there's an officially licensed product that lists "Old Snake" as a "Commander in Chief" of "Cobra" approximately 30 years after the fact.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Fenrys

News Credits:
    likewise marissa's bio specifically says both of her parents were in gi joe meaning her father has to be flint and her mother is likely lady j

19. jackisking

jackisking Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Got to give it up to ole Dashiel......Lady J was fiiinne. Till this day I have a thing for brunettes with short haircuts:lol 

• Like Like x 1
  20. Fenrys

News Credits:
    Personally I always preferred Scarlett, but I’m partial to redheads haha

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.