Has the Windcharger Madness stopped ?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Red leader, Apr 27, 2011.

1. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    7.49 shipping in or out of package without tracking, with tracking around $14 or more, small packet air is good, gets it there fast and is insured.

2. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Known Member?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's why I'm not convinced that Windcharger will show up Ross or wherever down the road. This hasn't happened consistently with other hard-to-find releases. Doesn't mean I don't hope it happens...but I'm not holding my breath.

3. LogicalLuke

LogicalLuke Banned

I'm not taking any chances on it happening or not, if you want one trade now before they get scarce. Far as the Universe Legends I found a few Bumblebees and all the rest at my local WM.

4. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks Icy.

Looks like I'll be checking the stores tomorrow, and hopefully I'll also still be able to find that Bombshock + Combaticons set while I'm at it.

5. Dr. Prime

Dr. Prime Dr. Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    HAHA, WC madness!!!

The way I see it....

The shipping/tracking will depend on exactly which overseas country (or Canada) it comes from. The debate will never be won. I am getting WC from someone in Europe for around $30 shipped and I trust them :)  It is what it is. If some places without tracking can be less then great :D  If not, deal with it. Is $30 (or $50 in some cases) too much to pay for a scout? Even a really nice scout? Yes, it is. But I have had some good deals on some other figures recently and can justify the cost. Its all part of collecting. I will not judge someone for spending "too much" for a figure if they feel that it is worth it to them. I will also not judge those who "get a few extra bucks" for obtaining, packaging, and shipping them to fans who need them.

I used to be in the "hopeful" group that thought that WC may show up at Ross/TJ Maxx/Marshalls eventually, but as time goes on, I am becoming less optimistic (hence why I sought other means). I have no real basis for my theory, its just a hunch. If he shows up eventually or gets repackaged, then we must all rejoice :) 

Reality check.....its just a toy :D 

6. Nederbelg

Nederbelg Well-Known Member

Hello,

I live in Belgium, just across the border with the Netherlands. I can search stores in both countries and still found only one with luck. Retail price is €10/$14,50 overhere.

If I want something shipped to the US it costs €17,10/$24,75. This is up to a large box size 100x50x50cm and 2kg. So shipping can be very interesting, but not for a single item.

TF distribution/stocking has been a disaster for a while now, especially in the Netherlands. We had the first wave of HFTD and in some places with luck wave two with Hailstorm etc. These came in store at discount immediately, so no more waves for sure. The same for Power Core Combiners. PoCoCo ended with wave 3, the repaints.

Generations is not at retail at all overhere, so we are depended on importing.
    The only new things I saw resently were RTS "Battle in space", Chopsaw, Sunspot, Firetrap and Windcharger, that's it. All in very limited numbers.

I'm looking for an extra Windcharger for US buyers to ship with my other for sale items. This for a reasonable price, to make shipping interesting and to help out. I visited quit a few stores, without succes, so also overhere they are hard to get.

TF collectors in the US have to be glad they live there and not in Europe. All those nice store exclusives and great choice at retail, not even to mention the big difference in prices.:( 

All the best from Belgium,

Antoine

7. MrFX

MrFX Collecting never ends...

I swear, when I first saw the topic of this thread, Macho came to mind instantly...LOL!!!

8. Kup-is-Dion

Kup-is-Dion Lord Cthulhu

Sadly, I don't have much available for trade. I have a habit of only buying one of each character in the Classic line.

9. Kup-is-Dion

Kup-is-Dion Lord Cthulhu

If you can't find Bombshock & Combaticons, I have a loose one I'm not fond at all.

10. LogicalLuke

LogicalLuke Banned

Great choice at retail? :lol  Yeah not here bro. I've bought everything online this year, anything I did find (Scourge, Kup, Perceptor) was only after I'd gotten it at least a month beforehand and just one of each was even there. Anything left on pegs is months old, HFTD old in most stores I've been in. It's not as great here (at least on the East Coast) as people overseas believe it to be.

I guarantee I'll never see WC in a store, they're in Europe or pretty much on the moon would be just as believable in this case. Trading or popping some crazy money down for a Scout is most of the US TF fans way to get one.

11. iron maniac

iron maniac Help Uncle Sixshot, Help!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Over for me finally. Secured a Windcharger yesterday. Thanks again, TJ. :thumbs2: 

12. SoundBlaster7

SoundBlaster7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

The hunt continues...

13. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Stopped?

[​IMG]

14. iron maniac

iron maniac Help Uncle Sixshot, Help!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    LMAO! I love that!! :lol 

15. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yep, and I can just picture BW Quickstrike shaking in his balljoints while trying to pin those up without being seen.

@ Kup-is-Dion: I'll definitely get back to you about that. :) 

16. Sixshot

Sixshot Jeff Goldbluman Group

News Credits:
    Decided to order a case through the club. Never got the other scouts so this should work, beats paying 50 bucks on ebay for one fucking scout.

17. kingnothing80

kingnothing80 Well-Known Member

Hey man, let us know when that sucker ships. A buddy of mine ordered one through the club on Tuesday as a pre-order expected to ship later in May. 2 days ago he received tracking info and is expecting it delivered next Wednesday.

18. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Actually, it will probably get a lot worse once all of the stock that has hit retail dries up.

From what I understand Windcharger would have been a lot more common when the next wave was released.

19. LogicalLuke

LogicalLuke Banned

Even for us who supposedly had trades, indeed it does......

20. taterx

taterx Lurkin since Transfandom

I wasted mad gas money driving around looking for the guy befor the news dropped & the checking and refreshing the HTS bookmark on my iPhone & PC. Then I caved & bought one of those scout cases from the OTFCC, glad I did. It said look dude you'll get it in 12 to 122 weeks(lol) but Thurs I got shipping confirmation from the club.
    So in conclusion the madness has ended for this G1 fanboy, now onto Wrekgar & Warpath...OI Veigh!