Has the Windcharger Madness stopped ?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Red leader, Apr 27, 2011.

1. SCPrime

SCPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    when I say handful I mean about 10 or less. I still stand behind that. I'm not counting if you have a friend living in the UK/Canada helping you out. I'm counting barely knowing the person helping out. Those are handfuls. There has been quite a few US people who were helped out, but from the same handful of UK/Canada people who were able to find multiples.

2. iron maniac

iron maniac Help Uncle Sixshot, Help!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I'm getting closer to maybe getting one. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

3. LadyStarscream

LadyStarscream Queen of Cybertron

This! :thumb 

4. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, instead of quoting a bunch of people in regards to being a greedy Canadian, I'm just gonna say this.

If I drive to Zellers/Wal-Mart/Toys R Us/etc & buy a Windcharger, it'll cost me 11.99 + tax. That's how much a non-marked down Scout class figure is where I live. Now, do you really think that I can sell it to somebody online for that exact price without losing money, and do you think I'd wanna do this 8 or 9 times to people I don't know? Probably not, and that's why sellers are charging a little bit more than "sticker price" for these toys... so that they can break even. Yeah, I get that some people are doing this to turn a profit & intentionally charging more than the expected difference that shipping will add to it, but that's sort why people on this board are making a hella strong effort to help each other out. In other words, if you see somebody on ebay charging 40 dollars for what you consider to be a 12 dollar toy, then avoid that person. Don't automatically assume that everyone is doing the same.

/rat'cents

5. nemisispringer

nemisispringer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just a reminder that Windcharger costs $13 at retail in the uk and then $14 to send mip add on to that how hard they are to find (involves a lot of driving around) and he isn't cheap even to middleman

Also as for helping U.S. fans out because this is a unique situation. The fact is this is very standard for the uk, there are a lot of figures we missed out on and haven't been able to get middlemanned or have had to pay over the odds to get sent over

6. Bogatan

Bogatan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    And to pick one up in the UK can cost anything up to $18 on a bad day with the exchange rate and in smaller stores that charge more. Sending insured can easily mean selling one for $30 shipped would mean selling at a loss. Thats not even taking into account the expense of travelling around looking for them. Which if your looking for a lot you have to especially if your driving. Petrol prices here are beyond levels I think Americans can even comprehend.

Thats not to say, the prices in some cases haven't gone mad, but at this point supplies are limited and in the event it isn't rereleased then the prices are justified in the sense that only 3 major stores in Britain have stocked it making it a relatively rare figure. Theres probably a lot less of them than Universe Ratchet or Classic Skywarp/Magnus and the various Henkei figures that all go for such huge amounts.

7. Kuma Style

Kuma Style I'm boney. I'm boney; Leave me aloney! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    And I'm going to say it from the perspective of an American who has an extra trying to trade it:

I'm going to trade it for stuff that I WANT and can't find, even if I have to pay some on top. I'm not just going to go, "Oh, it's a scout, so I'm only going to trade it for one of the other crappy scouts in the pack because they have the same American retail value!"

Offers for stupid things like, "durr, no more than $20 shipped!" because somewhere, someone decided in lala land that you can realistically get the figure from overseas at that price (hell, it's like $20 for shipping itself). It's like people just make stuff up, get it engrained in their head, and run with it.

Welcome to collecting people: It's not all lollipops, kumbaya, and free shipping.

8. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    I think HTS may throw those in if you make a special request :D 

9. TrueNomadSkies

News Credits:
    Lollypops aside, does anyone who lives in Canada know how much it'll most efficiently cost to ship a scout class figure through the mail to the US? Or even someone who doesn't live in Canada, but has an idea of how much it'll cost to ship it from BC?

I'm just asking because it'd be nice to have a good estimate on what to expect in return before I buy one & see if I can make a trade with somebody, as I honestly have no interest in the figure for myself. Like, I'd only be buying the guy for the sake of trading it to another board who can't get it in their area, as I know many people are doing. I just don't wanna expect more than it'll actually cost on my end to get it to them, type of deal.

10. LadyStarscream

LadyStarscream Queen of Cybertron

Actually that is a realistic offer considering I paid under 20.00 shipped for my Windcharger from overseas.

That being said, perhaps I actually do have an idea what I'm talking about after all. ;) 

11. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    My cousin shipped me two of them in a bubble envelope from Sask to Seattle area and it was about $8 for shipping (I think he had to buy the envelope for extra). For two windchargers I paid him $30 Canadian shipped.

12. Kuma Style

News Credits:
    I don't believe you at all, considering that overseas members have quoted exact prices and shipping for over $20. But, ok... since "you say so" and put a winking emoticon, it means everyone's wrong.

Stop trolling.

13. iron maniac

iron maniac Help Uncle Sixshot, Help!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    LMAO!!

14. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Actually, it is possible.
    Scouts here cost £8
    You can ship them uninsured with no tracking or delivery confirmation for around £4 if you dont factor in the costs of packaging materials.

It is entirely possible that you could get one for $20 shipped. It just means that a buyer could turn around and claim to have never received it.
    Not that Im saying its likely.

15. blue death

blue death Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd still love to get a hold of a Windcharger :(  but that $100 case from BBTS is waaaaaaay too rich for my blood

16. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    £8 for Windcharger ($13)
    £9 to ship with tracking ($15)

Obviously less without tracking but I'd never do that unless I know the person. Been burned too many times.

17. TrueNomadSkies

News Credits:
    Sounds reasonable. :) 

I just remember that to cost 18 dollars to send a few trading cards in toploaders to a guy who lives in the same country (BC to NS though), and 28 to send a DS to somebody in Texas. That means that even going by the 18 for reference, somebody else would essentially need to pay/trade 30 dollars worth of stuff just to get the figure, including whatever it cost them to ship out their end. Now, this is of course sending it with package tracking, but I believe the other options were like 15 & 23 to send it without, so it seemed like a worthy step to take, what with being a newbie when I made both of these trades.

18. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    I can confirm this. I was able to find a Windcharger through a friend for that £12 cost and I appreciate it. He's here in my cube chilling with Wheeljack. :) 

19. TrueNomadSkies

News Credits:
    Whoever said you can't buy trust obviously hasn't met a Ferengi?

That's probably not a real quote, but I think it could be, heh.

20. Kuma Style

News Credits:
    Wow. I'm person enough to concede when wrong. I didn't know something as stupid as tracking added THAT much.