Has the term "Beast Mode" officially become a part of our pop culture lexicon?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Janitor, Nov 26, 2009.

1. Janitor

Janitor Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The University of Missouri Tigers ('Mizzou' for short) football team will debut their new Nike uniforms this Saturday, but I found this part interesting:

'the detail most tailored to fit the MU program is the phrase "Beast Mode," which often appeared on the front of T-shirts worn by the coaching staff during preseason practices. It will appear on the inside collar of the jersey and on the front of Nike's new Vapor Trail 2.0 glove, which also forms the MU logo when the palms come together.'
    full article

Now, is this a sign "Beast Mode" has made it's way into everyday language? It's one thing to be a phrase known among TF fans, but now a major sportswear company has decided to use it as a motto for the football team of a major US college: full uniform + gear (Nike website) So for those who were ever ashamed of wearing Beast Wars stuff in public now you can (sort of)...just tell people you're a fan of the team :tongue: 

I'm also pretty sure a lot of athletes (see: Marshawn Lynch) adopted the 'beast mode' thing because they watched Beast Wars growing up

2. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Our lexicon, maybe. The average person's, no. If you walked up to the average person and shouted out "beast mode!" they wouldn't know what the hell you're talking about.

3. Nutcrusher

Nutcrusher Decepticon

News Credits:
    Wishful thinking.

4. SpicyRichter

SpicyRichter Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My girlfriend gets mad when I yell 'Beast Mode' when switching to doggystyle

5. Pauly T

Pauly T Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The article doesn't state why Mizzou was using the term "Beast Mode", just that they were using it on some practice gear. That's why Nike incorporated it into the uniforms.

That said, I have heard "Beast Mode" used numerous times on ESPN's panel show Around the Horn, mostly by host Tony Reali and Denver Post columnist Woody Paige. I figure the Mizzou team got it from there, as it's more likely that they regularly watch ESPN rather than have beloved childhood memories of Cheetor. Now, where the guys on ATH got it is beyond me.

Apropos to nothing, the only place I had heard the word "ginormous" for, like, twenty years was from Jazz's mouth in TFTM86. Then, in the last couple years, ginormous is everywhere! And I never heard anybody say they got it from TFs...

6. Pauly T

Pauly T Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My girlfriend likes when I do... :D 

7. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    :lol 

8. Coeloptera

Coeloptera Big, bad beetle-bot

But before you get busy do you look down at your junk and yell "Maximize!" or "Terrorize!"?

- Coeloptera
    (Yells the latter.)