Has the movie ruined The Hunt?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by TJOmega, Jun 24, 2007.

1. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    This occurred to me the last time I went shopping for movie figures... My Walmart had a ton of Blackout and Ratchet, two figures I've been wanting badly for my movie collection... but out of the 5 Leader Primes they had last time I was there, they were down to just one. And by instinct, I was drawn to the one that was more limited at the time. But it made me wonder...

Whatever happened to the hunt? Part of the fun for me was always heading out just for the hell of it, seeing if anything new was around. Knowing that I could go and find nothing made it so much sweeter when I found something new. But with this movie line and all of it's variations, FABs, Robot Heroes, Real Gear, there's always something else to get. Having two waves released on the same specific day took all the guess work out, you knew you could go to Walmart June 2nd and see a mountain of new stuff. It also removed another aspect, finding nothing you were after and settling for a figure you ended up loving by surprise. There's so much that it's hard to get to that point. Even most exclusives are just repacks of figures you can find everywhere, aside from Target's selection.

Does anyone else feel like this is a big downside to the movie line?

2. Gnaw

Gnaw Banned

Nope, not at all.

Like, I understand where you're coming from. I still see Blackout and Ratchet's everywhere I go, along with tons of Real Gears and FAB's. Lyuckily in Canada, we get retail toys 2 months after the U.S. gets them. So, i'll be hunting for awhile. Not to mention we don't have any Target's, so no exclusives for me.

Solution : Move to Canada!

3. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    There's still a hunt. I had to do site-to-store to get the Walmart Exclusive Heroes set. Leader Megs is in short supply and it took me a few stops to find one that hadn't been mauled by kids and put back on the shelf. I still haven't found Alts Rumble & Ravage and a small group of the 6" Titaniums. There are other examples too. The hut is till on! :D 

4. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    No, I like being able to find what I want when I want/can pick it up.

5. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

Yeah, the movie stuff is plentiful and everywhere. The only real hunt is trying to find those Peter Cullen variants. Although the Hunt is fun, I sure do wish some of the side lines had been as plentiful as the movie line.

6. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Nope. It just makes finding the ones that I want easyer (something I like, lol).

7. Deceptichage

Deceptichage Decepticon Land Pirate

News Credits:
    The hunt was fun when you could find what you were looking for. It was also fustrating when you know the assortment had the toy you wanted, but someone had already picked it up, especially with the case of scalpers. Sometimes it was a big waste of time and gas.

Right now, finding everything for me is great. In case of the movie toys, Hasbro may have made a lot of for the movie hype. Bad side is there is there is nothing new to hunt for. Haven't bought a new toy since the week of June 2nd.

8. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    I totally understand what you mean, but I'm happy to spend less gas on waste of time hunts.

9. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

my hunt still goes well. AND I WORK FOR TRU

10. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    Sometimes the hunt gets old. I kinda like being able to go to Target and find all the movie toys I want. I'm seeing the movie season as a nice vacation from the serious hunting, which is nice for a change.

Besides, if you really want to hunt something, there are still the 6" Tits (although I'm not sure if they're actually being distributed anymore, as no one's seen anything past RiD Optimus and WWI Screamer, and they came out months ago).

11. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

"The hunt" annoys me, greatly. I have one local store that sells TFs, and they don't quite seem to grasp the concept of restocking things. Bare shelves all over that store. They only just got Classics Devastator in, at the beginning of this month. I stopped caring about that toy, a while back.

I still can't find a frikkin' Bonecrusher. Looks like it's gonna be an hour's drive to find a store that has new stock, or I pay internet store markup. Coming from a number of hobbies where buying on line is cheaper than brick and mortar stores, I have a hard time swallowing on line toy prices.

12. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Yep! The short-packed north is where it's at! I'm always on the hunt! I have two figures left till my goal, and then...

*chck-chck*

...The real fun begins!

13. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    The hunt is easily the most overrated, irritating part of this hobby. I detest it. I would MUCH rather be able to walk into a store and find what I was looking for.

14. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

Quoted for putting it more eloquently, than I could.

15. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Yeah, the only reason I don't have Voyager Ironhide or Starscream is because my favored online retailer sold out. Otherwise I'd be done now.

It's also because of the hunt that I'm 6 figures over my intended estimate!

16. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    Between Alternators, tail end Cybertron figures, and Titanium figures, the hunt has officially fallen under the "piss me off" category. I don't get a chance to go out hunting more than twice a month, and I'd prefer to actually come home with something in those two outings than nothing at all. If anything, the hunt was more discouraging, I still remember calling all the stores asking if they had Alternators Prime or BWX Primal or Megs on the shelf for 2 weeks.
    DN

17. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    I hate the hunt. being able to go to target and know that they WILL have exactly what I'm looking for is fantastic. its going to suck going back to the old way when the movie line is over.

18. Turbocharger

Turbocharger We should get more letter

Honestly I'm sick of the hunt a lot of times. It's good to have, so that way you can have something to look forward to, but it's nice to have a break and just be able to find what you're looking for.

19. Dreweido

Dreweido Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The hunt will never reach the peak of Alternators. With them if you didn't find it as soon as you heard it was out you might never get.

I miss the hunt but then again I miss Alt's.

20. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    6" Titaniums ruined the hunt for me.

FOREVER.