Has Sideswipe been confirmed as a season 2 character?

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by typev3, Dec 14, 2011.

1. typev3

typev3 @VinceSanchez

Just curious and if so, when?

I was watching a Nolan North interview and he said he does a transformers show with Frank Welker. After doing wiki search, North's bio states that he's sideswipe.

EDIT:
    http://www.giantbomb.com/northern-exposure-our-chat-with-nolan-north/17-5394/

It happens around the 31:00 minute mark, it's super quick but he mentions that he does a show with Frank Welker. Seeing as how we know that TF Prime takes at least a year to produce an episode, it's entirely possible for these two to have been working together for quite a long time now.

EDIT 2: It seems where he's credited for playing Sideswipe in Prime has been removed form his wiki page.

2. Ceric Neesh

Ceric Neesh Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It'd be interesting. I know he did the voice of Sideswipe in the TF2 game.

3. Orbital

Orbital Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Do you have a link to the interview?

4. typev3

typev3 @VinceSanchez

Here you go:
    Northern Exposure: Our Chat With Nolan North - Giant Bomb

It happens around the 31:00 minute mark, it's super quick but he mentions that he does a show with Frank Welker. Seeing as how we know that TF Prime takes at least a year to produce an episode, it's entirely possible for these two to have been working together for quite a long time now.

5. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    This should be intresting if this really happened!:) 

6. Orbital

News Credits:
    yeah that's a great find on your behalf, good job. Gotta say, it strongly implies Nolan has a role on Transformers Prime. I just hope he's not referring to rescue bots. Now we wait and see which new characters will appear and who he'll voice.

7. tonyformer

tonyformer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    here is the thing guys... I dont know how many of you have read the Exodus and or Exiles books but they are directly linked to the Prime cartoon. So there is a good chance that we could see any of the book characters at some point in the cartoon. Sideswipe is one such character.

8. janeDoe001

janeDoe001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    yep. And another is Precepter. :D 

Nice find.

jD001

9. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    So I guess there's a strong chance of Prowl and Barricade appearing after all?:D 

10. Wars

Wars Regular At Swerve's™

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    Tumblr:
    Cool. I'd love to see Sideswipe in the show, especially if Sunstreaker appeared too.

11. Stygian360

Stygian360 Well-Known Member

At this point I can't say for certain that I care all that much who from either side shows up in Prime, as long as they open the gates a little wider in Season 2 for more characters to come to earth and join the fray. I know the autobot side was kept intentially light in Season 1- both because it saves money in creating new CGI assets and because it makes story sense to keep the good guys light on troops and against the ropes- but the obvious success of the first Season means now it's time to spend a little extra $$ and create more soldiers for the Autobot side.

One of the major strengths of the G1 cartoon was the sheer Where's Waldo of seeing new and unique characters show up each handful of episodes. Furthermore, having Optimus Prime decree to a handful of troops as they prepared to roll out for battle; "Jazz, transform! Bumblebee, transform! Hoist, transform! Sunstreaker, Sideswipe, transform!" etc., etc., made the whole thing feel more fun, and as if they existed in a fully fleshed out universe. Hoping Prime can bring more of this feel to the forefront going forward.

12. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    They need to play how they will introduce new characters carefully though because one of the strenghts of having a small cast is it allows for more character development. As fun as it was having more characters in the G1 show, it argueably did some damage to the character development I'm afraid resulting in some bland characters. I'm not against it I just don't want to see character development sacrificed for more characters on the TFP show that's all. If they can pull it off right it'll be great for everyone.:) 

13. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    No.
    Because he voiced Sideswipe in Transformers Revenge of the Fallen the game.

You have found evidence that Nolan North will be voicing someone in Prime, but nothing about who he'll be voicing.

14. Oberoniss

Oberoniss DOESN'T-EXIST BABBU

News Credits:
    It implies he's in the show as something, not that he's any actual character yet. I'm crossing my fingers until we get an official announcment.

15. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Please no Sideswipe. He's the most over-exposed charecter that doesn't deserve it.

Nolan North should voice someone like Hot Rod/Hot Shot, Springer or Brawl (like in WFC).

16. Orbital

News Credits:
    While I'm not trying to support Sideswipe having a role in this series, I don't see how he's over exposed. He's hardly had the spot light on him in any series to date. He was fortunate enough to have a few more scenes in DotM that got him some more recognition from fans and he was a playable character in WOC and that was really it when it came to exposure. So I don't think that's a fair reason for him not to be a contender.

17. DPrime

DPrime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Yeah, I don't see how Sideswipe is overexposed at all... He was never a major character, in any series.

I mean, he had a couple cool scenes in the latest movie, but that's it. He wasn't even ever featured in his own episode back in G1 - always a background guy.

Anyway, I hope he's red rather than movie silver, if/when he shows up.

18. janeDoe001

janeDoe001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I dunno, I kinda like the silver.

jD001

19. Zequem

Zequem Well-Known Member

Silver with red highlights and I'd be happy. Or the other way around. Doesn't really matter, as long as there's still red in him. Silver would be better for main color, as the show already has a red bot (Knock Out). Wouldn't be as much confusion between two characters.

That said, yes, I would like to see Sideswipe in Prime. He was aboard Ark when it left Cybertron, so I would like to know what has happened to him, just like I want to know what has happened to other bots aboard Ark that are not in the show right now.

But I'm not getting my hopes up. I've already heard that Jazz would be introduced in season 2 (it will remain to be seen how true that is) and given the fact that Wheeljack will make his return too, the cast is growing bigger and bigger to the point where it's too big. So, it's better to just wait and see.

20. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Knock Out is already our red robot, if they wanna add a Sideswipe I would have him silver, or atleast, with red being used only in main parts like chest.