Has IDW reprinted anything Titan hasn't?

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Ultimate Matt X, Sep 2, 2008.

1. Ultimate Matt X

Ultimate Matt X Well-Known Member

I was looking at my comic order for the month and was wondering if any of you guys can clear this up. So far, has IDW reprinted any of the UK stuff that Titan hasn't reprinted before? I'm pretty sure I have an oversized Space Pirates trade and I think the Dinobots story was put out before too. Did Titan cover everything US and UK or are there possibly still some UK comics left that have never been reprinted?

2. MilkManX

MilkManX TF Comicbook Fan

There are a few UK strips that never made it into the Titan reprints. Will IDW do them? I really hope so!!

I know one thing though any of the UK stories with Deathshead wont be coming here via IDW.

3. Ceerad

Ceerad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    IDW is supposedly reprinting all of the UK TFM books.
    I couldn't tell you when.

4. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Moving to the comics forum, that's where the experts are. :) 

I doubt it will be possible, but I'd love to see the Earthforce-era stuff and other b&w issues Titan did in pocket size trades blown up (if not blown up and colored).

Last edited: Sep 2, 2008
  5. Magnus' Mate

Magnus' Mate Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Titan never reprinted the early UK stuff - Man Of Iron, Enemy Within, Raiders Of The Last Ark, Decepticon Dambusters, Wrath Of Guardian, Wrath Of Grimlock, Christmas Breaker and (one of my all-time faves) Crisis Of Command.

Rumour at the time was Furman (who was the editor of the Titan books) didn't like his early stuff and didn't want it doing the rounds. Which sucks, as there were other writers involved with this era too, and it'd be nice to see their stuff again.

Will IDW reprint it? I doubt it. And as some one says, they won't reprint any Death's Head stories.

6. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

Man of Iron was incredible. Incredible. It was just awe inspiring when I read it as a kid. So freaky awesome weird.

7. Fairlady_Z

Fairlady_Z Official Voice of Flareup

Are there any UK stories Titan didn't reprint - yes.

Are there any UK stories that IDW has printed that Titan didn't - no, not yet.

I really hope IDW could reprint some Action Force/G.I. Joe stuff from the UK too. There was a least one Action Force/TF story that I have one issue of that I know has never been reprinted.

As a US fan I want to be able to read ALL the UK TF stuff easily and afordably. I love those early Furman stories (which I was only able to read thanks to Internet scans).