has hasbro ever mispackaged an old figure?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Snatch-imus, Apr 15, 2012.

1. Snatch-imus

Snatch-imus New Member

Ebay:
    i dont know if this is in the right thread but i'll give it a shot.

i was browsing for some new figs at wal-mart and saw a rid hightower in prid cliffjumper packaging. weapon also seems to be from an energon combiner. what do you think

(sorry for bad quality pictures, taken with a phone)

Attached Files:

2. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  3. Deathx360

Deathx360 Farewell Dear Friend

News Credits:
    What you see there is nothing more than some cheap ass "collector" taking an old toy they no long want repacking it in the Cliffjumper package of the figure they just bought and returning it for a refund. Sadly there are people like that. At least it was a Transformer and not some dollar store figure.

4. Erland

Erland Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would love to find some older toys switched out, if they were complete, it would be cheaper to get then buying them from ebay. Like the guy that found a animated voyager optimus prime in a RiD Prime - Voyager Optimus box.

5. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't think I'd actually mind buying an old swapped toy from the store myself if it was complete. More interesting purchase than some figure I'll be able to find for months and possibly minus one misinformed person buying the toy thinking it's something else.

6. Ratchets Hatch

Ratchets Hatch Explosions?

News Credits:
    I have to give the person credit, at least they swapped a toy with a similar color scheme.

Heck, I would buy that Hightower if it was complete, but it doesn't look like it is.

7. Mewtwo

Mewtwo Transform & Bamboo out

Yes but how did they "repackage" it? It still looks sealed. I can understand in the boxed TF's but in a Card back one? How did they open it and replace the figure then reseal it with NO indication it was opened? :confused: 

8. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    Immense dickheads and douchebags. Fucking thieves.

9. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Just a regular old plumbus

News Credits:
    People who do this tend to be very careful. Using knives to open the package slowly. The idea is to do minimal damage to the seal, where you can glue it back and make it look good as new despite it being actually opened before.

10. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've never seen a repackaged toy that was complete and worth buying. Although I did buy the Masterpiece Grimlock that was returned to a Ross missing his head, weapons, etc. for $20. He looks decent with the Headrobot Butcher head.

11. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    Yea, we have been fighting against a major repacker in our area for the last few months. Guy doesn't just do Transformers, but other lines as well. The locals have been pretty good at letting it be known to Target, TRU, and Ross employees/management when we find a repack. It is only going to take one time to catch the clown in our area, I have written Ross and Target about the local problem as well (not sure if it matters though). Just make sure you report it to the local store. When RID hit, we must have found 25 repacks in the local area between a handfull of stores between three members on our local board, so it is starting to get out of hand here.

12. Mewtwo

Mewtwo Transform & Bamboo out

But still. No matter how careful you are I would say it's almost impossible not to have some of the artwork stick to the seal of the plastic. So... how did they reseal? And on top of that no matter what glue you use it will never look like an actual seal. So I don't know... But yeah these are real loser who do stuff like this... fucking terrible.

13. ErechOveraker

ErechOveraker I'm with Plowking.

News Credits:
    Are we not looking at the same pics? It's obviously been opened, you can see the card torn around the bubble on the upper right side. If they did anything more than use a piece of tape to reseal, I'd be surprised. Maybe some elmers glue to complete their scam?

Either way, there is nothing slick or careful about that job, it's actually pretty badly done. If you're really planning on doing that, there are ways to open the balloon without doing noticeable damage to the card.

14. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

:sly:  Hmm...

15. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

It is as much the repackers fault as the person taking the return. The person accepting the repacked toy should be more observant as to what is in the package, and the image shown on the back. I'm sure at least one repackage has been turned down because the product inside does not match what is on the box.

Companies and individual stores should be made aware that yes, this shit does happen. I don't care if the person behind the counter isn't paid enough to care. If it was my job, I don't care how much I am being paid, I wouldn't let the person get away with it. It's a form of fraud against the store, Hasbro, and our consumers.

16. ErechOveraker

ErechOveraker I'm with Plowking.

News Credits:
    :lol  :lol  :lol  Dang, I'm busted.