Has Ebay done this to you?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Lody666, Jun 20, 2009.

1. Lody666

Lody666 Brother of Bruticus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hey guys,

I am listing a ton of auctions right now for a Transformers collection that I recently purchased.

Included was a loose Megatron with the chrome attachment and Tech Spec. I listed the auction last night and showed several pictures of Megatron both in robot and gun mode. The pictures in gun mode clearly had the Tech Spec and attachment next to it.

I got an email from Ebay tody saying that they have cancelled the auction because it violates the firearms policy

WTF?????

Unfortunately, we had to remove your listing because the following information violates our policy:

This listing was removed because federal law requires that replica, look-alike, and imitation firearms clearly and permanently be marked as such. The most common type of markings are an orange blaze marked on the barrel of the item or an orange plug permanently attached inside the barrel. Also, replica or imitation firearms may only be listed on eBay US with domestic shipping.

Because of various laws and regulations involving the sale of weapons, most types of weapons can't be listed on eBay.

But you can sell Airsoft guns, cap guns, paintball guns, replica guns, toy guns, or other imitation firearms, as long as:
    -- The item has a blaze orange marking or a blaze orange barrel plug permanently attached to it. This is required even if your item didn't have it originally.
    -- The item cannot be converted to shoot a projectile.
    -- Any pictures in your listing need to show your actual item -- not a stock photo.
    -- Your pictures need to show your item as a whole, not just part of or a close up of it. So, for example, don't just show the tip of a toy gun -- you need to show the whole thing.
    -- The item, seller, and buyer are located in the U.S.
    -- The item is shipped only within the U.S.

Has this happened to anyone else? What will happen when I list the Shockwave figure that I have?

2. Incesticon

Incesticon WUBBA LUBBA DUB DUB

Shockwave should be fine. But I believe this happens with Megatron all the time in the US.:) 

3. TransFan1996

TransFan1996 Well-Known Member

you need to add aorange thing in front of the barrel then they will accept it cause they don't let you have guns without orange plugs or stuff orange

4. UltraPrime

UltraPrime Lord of Macragge

Or don't show in gun mode, and explain in description. You could host the pic of gun on photobucket and provide link in description.

5. Movebuster

Movebuster Hiding True Intelligence

The short answer, Yes. eBay did do this to me. But I was trying to sell a Masterpiece Megatron, not the original. You and I now have a record.

6. Nemesis_Dirge

Nemesis_Dirge Banned

News Credits:
    here is what you do...take a picture of megatron in gun mode...then in MS paint or photoshop....color in a orange square or plug shapped item in front of the gun...saw a couple of auctions that were like that...just explain the orange square in the description of the auction....and ebay will leave you alone....

7. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    ^This. Just show him in bot mode!

8. novabeam10

novabeam10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    if you are hard up for a gun mode in auction find a bag of colored marshmallows and jam an orange one in the barrel. or a piece of Old cheddar cheese can work wonders. take a slightly dark photo and you're set (just mention that condiments are not included with auction

9. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    That is a stupid policy. Can you sell a real gun if it has an orange tab?

10. Ace96

Ace96 Well-Known Member

I had the TFC bookstyle Megatron removed on ebay a couple of times and I did not even show the gun mode. I just showed the outside cover. I eventually cheated and used paint shop pro. F' off ebay!

11. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    Doesn't work,

I listed a ehobby black megs with bot mode pics,described how it was a collectible and stated it would have a orange plug and no dice.

A plug must be shown in pics is the short answer i got(after a bunch of crap about replica firearms and the "rules")

Ebay sux:mad 

12. Lody666

Lody666 Brother of Bruticus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So if I show him in JUST robot mode, they will take the auction down again?

What's worse is that I checked my ratings and they dropped me to LOW because I have a "listing violation." First problem in TEN years and I now have a LOW rating?

WTF Ebay?

13. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    Shockwave should be o.k., but Megatron is pain in the U.S.