Customs: Has anyone tried to switch the arms on the animated Megatrons.

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by megatronatlas, Dec 20, 2010.

1. megatronatlas

megatronatlas Well-Known Member

Ok has anyone tried to switch the right arms from the deluxe two pack animated megatron, and the animated voyager Megatron. I was wondering if its possible, since its on my projects list, once I can get started on some customs again.
    I cant stand how Voyager Megatron holds his cannon.

2. Overhaulimus

Overhaulimus Sword of Fury!

News Credits:
    Considering one is a deluxe and the other is a voyager, it won't look right, he'd have a gimp arm.

3. Bigbot3030

Bigbot3030 Well-Known Member

Unless he was going for a movie look. :lol 

Randy!

4. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

According to TFwiki, Animated Deluxe and Voyager Megatron, while sharing the same modes, actually have substantially different transforming schemes. Just looking at the alt. modes reveals a big difference: the voyager's arms fold up into the body, whereas on the Deluxe the arms fold down so that the wheels can touch the ground.

Furthermore, looking at the picture of the Voyager, the arm is NOT mounted on a ball joint, but rather some kind of swivel (ratcheting, maybe?). The deluxe, meanwhile, IS mounted on a ball-joint, so a simple swap is impossible.

I don't know how the Voyager Megatron is supposed to wield the cannon in robot mode, but trying to modify the stock cannon would most likley be easier than trying to swap arms for a smaller cannon.

5. megatronatlas

megatronatlas Well-Known Member

I decided to just remod the arm cannon on the voyager. Thanks for the input