Customs: Has Anyone Tried Retro Bright?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by PrimulArchangel, Jul 28, 2012.

1. PrimulArchangel

PrimulArchangel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hey guys :) 

Like mostly everyone here i have some yellowed figures that i want to make white again.. I did some searching and found a site that tells you how to make this stuff called Retro Bright. It says it doesnt damage the plastic in any way so im thinking of giving it a try.

Has anyone else used it before ? If so how well did it work out for you?

And if anyone has made it do you have any tips on using the stuff and can i use Oxy Clean in the recipe ?

Thanks in advance :) 

-Curt

2. SG hailstorm

SG hailstorm JaAm aficionado

Oxyclean works but it leaves sludge from the paints best option would be 70% alchohol soak for the dirt (if your givin the figure new labels) then the retrobright

3. PrimulArchangel

PrimulArchangel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    yeah i tried oxyclean once and it didnt help at all . Orange Glow worked a bit on my skylinx but didnt get it white.. It says to wash all the parts you are going to treat to remove all the dirt and oils.. then apply the retrobright and let it sit under a heat lamp or in the sun for a day or so cause heat is needed to get the mixture to work correctly and then wash it off and it should be back to bright white.. then apply a UV coating like armor all or other UV spray to keep it from yellowing again.. Im going to order the stuff i need for it and then try it out, if no one has never done a review of this maybe ill see if i can make one up and let everyone know how it works out..