Customs: Has anyone tried painting Cannonball?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by MegaMoonMan, Apr 29, 2006.

1. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    I just got him, and I'm less than impressed by the lack of shiny gold I was promised, arrrr matey.

I want to paint those parts to match the pics, any suggestions or attempts to show?

2. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    :lol  most people are still trying to FIND him :p  for shiny gold, I always use an elmers panters paint pen. their gold metallic is hawt... I have a fine tip, so I can get nearly anywhere with it, and if I can't, I just push the tip down on some paper and watch as some paint seeps out into a little puddle, then can use a toothpick or a reallllly small brush to get those hard to reach places.

3. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    I thought about using a pen, but the areas to paint are pretty big, so big I think spraypaint would be better.

I try to limit using pens to smaller areas, maybe it's just the ones I use, but I can't seem to get a uniform coat over a large area with a pen.

4. MIEDOatómico

MIEDOatómico Member

liquid leaf, available at all fine wal-marts and crafts stores across the country.

5. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    ar! must get pirate-bot! shiver me timbers et cetera et cetera

6. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    I'd like to redo him as Trailbreaker. The one thing that's sorta bothersome is that both Cannonball and Red Alert's joints (the upper thighs, the arm pieces) are molded in dark colors - gold for CB and dark blue for RA. Painting red onto those joints would be kinda sucky because it'd chip off after one or two transformations.

Rgh. Maybe I can half-ass Trailbreaker with Cannonball and just say he's got gold joints instead.