Customs: Has Anyone Taken Apart Fansproject Sidearm?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Silvershot, May 12, 2011.

1. Silvershot

Silvershot On The Double Dutch Bus TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Hey Guys! I have a Blesser that has been misassembled. One of the pieces that connects his arm to his chest has been assembled upside-down. This prevents it from folding flush in alt. mode. It looks like the head/neck piece is glued over it, and may be difficult to remove.

I really don't want to take the chance of ruining this little guy, and am wondering if anyone has worked with Sidearm, and may have some advice.

Thanks,
    Silvershot

2. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Have you contacted FansProject about this? If not, I'd recommend doing so prior to doing anything.

3. Chaos Convoy

Chaos Convoy Dai Gurren-Dan member

News Credits:
    Yup. I took mine apart. I'm not sure if you're the same guy who made a thread exactly about this in the TF Toy forum whose thread I replied to, but..

you gotta knock out the pin for the waist. And then there's a screw hidden by that joint. Unscrew that screw and the head and top of the chest will pop right off and you'll be able to put the piece back in properly so it can tf right.

4. Silvershot

Silvershot On The Double Dutch Bus TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I have contacted them, but haven't gotten any response. I've written them a couple times over the years, without response, so I'm not surprised. But, yeah, that was definitely my first move.

That wasn't me, but THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, for the tip. If you don't mind me asking (I've never knocked a pin out), what's the best, safest way to do this?

Thanks,
    Silvershot

5. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I find this odd, as I know of several other members who have done the same sort of thing with totally different results. Regardless . . . .

. . . . I'm glad you were able to get what you were looking for :)