has anyone seen this collection on ebay?

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by Optimus Lime, Oct 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Optimus Lime

Optimus Lime Dissectacon

I spotted this collection on ebay:
    Transformers 2007 Movie Lot ONLY 8 NEEDED TO COMPLETE! - eBay (item 220493072166 end time Nov-09-09 11:30:19 PST)

It seems like an almost complete collection outside of the 8 they mention and the japanese repaints that werent mentioned. They did mention the 8 needed would complete the US collection which is true. What I want to know is are they asking too much? It seems like a steal, unfortunately I cant come up with that kind of money on a short notice if ever. lol If you had the money would u seriously look into purchasing it? Ive never seen such a complete collection of one series on ebay outside of alternators. if you include BT then those ALT series still fall short. Just dreaming over here wanting to know what yall think. Thanks

2. Tyrannosaur

Tyrannosaur 100% Sarcastic Saurian

Anyone wanna loan me 9,000 dollars?

lol thats awesome. I didn't see the scout figures though, are those some of them?

3. Optimus Lime

Optimus Lime Dissectacon

i saw the scout class on there too. it seems like they have everything but the kid stuff (FAB, cyber slammers). i know in 07 and 08 there was a serious product shortage where i live for the movie toys. Do you think the limited supply will actually make this collection worth anything? some of the stuff they have i never saw on a shelf at all. it would have to be worth more than the ROTF set id imagine because those things just camp out on the shelves here.

4. ghowildseven

ghowildseven SG Decepticon

yea, the shipping ($1500) is way too much...

5. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    i don't know the price sounds high to me and the shipping is definitely much more than needed and is obviously an attempt to pad the seller's profit

6. Da_Last_2_Walk

Da_Last_2_Walk Da King Of Pre Rubs TFW2005 Supporter

I love the ebay seller's username! :lol 

7. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    Dont you ppl read or is it you cant read ;) 

There is no shipping, he wants $1500 in deposit and full payment after 7 days. He will drive and leave the toys to your place nywere in the USA.
    I do hope you understand the word deposit. It is not shipping, more of a downpayment type of thing,

Also there is 140 pieces of stuff, If you count in everything, time,money,transport to stores, all shipping if buying onlinen, this price is nit bad.

8. grimlock1972

News Credits:
    odd i could have sworn it said $1,500 shipping last night perhaps he changed it to clarify things better

that said this would a very long term investment as none of the movie one toys have gone that much up in value as of yet and as such i thinks he is high on the asking although with him driving them to you would help account for some of it, although with his or her located in Colorado ( going by the CO in his location) unless the buyer is on the west or east cost he would have no more than a 4 hour drive to most places

9. Optimus Lime

Optimus Lime Dissectacon

it does look like 1500 for shipping the way im reading it. I guess if you include the time they spent driving around or shippin cost they already paid, plus the fact that from colorado to any coast is at least 24hours straight driving going speed limit and PLUS theyd have to drive back i can see how it can kinda be worth that much, especially for their time, if they have to rent a truck, gas etc. i would think with 1500 you could ship anywhere in the world tho. plus it is best offer so maybe they would consider reducing price substantially then what it is now? wish i had enough to at least make a serious offer...lol oh well...

10. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Super Mod

News Credits:
    :lolol 

11. King_Grimlock

King_Grimlock Well-Known Member

I must be missing something. I don't see how this lot is worth $8500.00. Other than those japanese exclusives and the g1 repaints, what else has much value over retail cost? Not trying to be critical just curious.

12. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    " Deposit of $1500.00 due within 72 hours of auction end and full payment must be recieved within 7 days of auction end. "

Were do you get shipping is 1500 from that... ??????????

anyway grimlock1972 here is your response.

Yes most of the toys are not upp in any value and are at retail value still. But you have to seeit like this. If you were to want to collect the movie toys MISB or buy new ones to open yourself (some ppl like this) it would probably come close to what he wants.

1) You cant find most of these in stores anymore meaning you have to go to boards like this or online stores and probbaly ebay.

2) This will bring shipping into it, sure you could get some lot here and some lot there but most of the time it would be a couple of figs atthe time. all those shipping adds upp.

3) Yes I agree tosome extent the price might be a bit to high, dividing $8500/140 it would be abour 60 a piece. even taking away the shipping described in section 2) lets say $1000 It is still 7500/140 €53 a pice.

4)Then again for some it might be worth it. For me its not but it is not that overly overpriced. I think around 6000 would be a fair price if one wanted all the toys.

13. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Cool. While I have all these (and those other eight!), it's neat to see them all like this.

I maintain this was a darn fine toyline. Hope they get top dollar for it.

14. ian5555

ian5555 Well-Known Member

I'd have to agree even at say $50 a pop for every one of these pieces which most you can prolly still get at retail it would be $4200. This lot is WAY overpriced.

15. MACRAPTRON

MACRAPTRON Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No way Jose. You can dig those out of eBay for much less.

16. Optimus Lime

Optimus Lime Dissectacon

ian your math is wrong. $50 a pop x 140+TF=$7,000. now include the fact theyre delivering it and u dont have to worry about UnitedPackageSmashers messing up your investment is it really waaaaay overpriced? AND its still a or best offer listing. at $30 a popx140TF=4200 and if anyone looks at ebay most of the ones u can get for $30 a piece with shipping is still deluxe class if u can get em for that in good condition or a lower class. voyager class and up can reach $50+ a piece with shipping. Im gonna have to go in the middle with $40 a piece and agree with the 6,000 with shipping is a good starting point. The fact that u dont have to go to 25+ different sellers to acquire the same collection is worth not having the headache wondering if each package will make it safely to your doorstep. i hope they get top dollar as well and im actually stunned that they would even offer to sell it after as much time it seems they put into collecting them all and being soo close.

17. Optimus Lime

Optimus Lime Dissectacon

i think there was some miscommunication. the seller did change from 1500.00 shipping to free shipping. it wasnt listed the way it is now. Ive seen it for 2 weeks and seen the price drop from 12,500.00 with 1500.00 for shipping to what it is now. looks like theyve been shooting high and not getting any bids and now trying to adjust to see if they can get anyone interested. i bet by this weekend the price will probably drop again. i bet they end up selling it for all for 5 or 6k if they sell it at all.

18. grimlock1972

News Credits:
    okay i wasn't seeing things

19. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Movie toys are not worth that much at all.... I can still hit CVS, Walgreens, and TRU in Austin to find most of those toys STILL. no way thats worth whats he is asking. Maybe if he threw in ROTF toys as well

:2c: 

20. Optimus Lime

Optimus Lime Dissectacon

occasionally i can find some where im at in dollar stores or walgreens and found quite a few legends all spark battles i picked up for 5 bucks at a family dollar a few months back but ive never seen deluxe or larger class. sounds like austin had a surplus of 07 toys while everyone else in the country got shorted! when you say MOST can u really get at least HALF which is 70 of the ones listed? if thats the case i might have to pay u to pick me up a few items!! =) just shoot me a price and what u think would be fair for your time to aquire, pack and ship all of that!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.