Has anyone seen Ratchet in any of the previews?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Jeremy.B, May 20, 2007.

1. Jeremy.B

Jeremy.B Formerly Leader Blackout TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I have seen all the other Autobots but not Ratchet - he is still in the movie, right? Just curious.
    J

2. Autobot_X

Autobot_X Well-Known Member

In the new trailer when Starscream jumps in the air, transforms, and flies off at about 1:15 ish u can see a quick shot of Ratchet beside Ironhide. As Starscream flies over, Ratchet is getting knocked off his feet.

3. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    That's either bumblebee or Ratchet it's really hard to tell because it's a big blur.

4. Autobot_X

Autobot_X Well-Known Member

If u watch it frame by frame you can see that he's more of a green than yellow, and can see some red stripes.

5. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    Yeah it's definitely Ratchet. The feet don't look like Bumblebee's

6. Squishy

Squishy the squishy one

They show ratchet in truck mode during one of the older trailers. He's backing up as Prime transforms in the alley.

7. frosthsky

frosthsky Well-Known Member

I posted proof of this in the trailer thread. It's definately Ratchet. The color is more greenish than BB, he has stripes on his arms and the feet don't match BB.

[​IMG]

8. SDL

SDL Well-Known Member

I believe that the Shrek3 exclusive trailer has a shot of all the Autobots in 'Bot mode and that Ratchet is visible in that shot...... Though the only clip i've seen of the Shrek3 trailer was a blurry Back of a theater cr*ppy camcorder/Youtube thingie so i couldn't tell for certain.

The more interesting question is- 'Has anyone seen BRAWL' in any of the previews?

9. MrGhoul

MrGhoul Predacon Secret Police

Nope, Brawl is definetely the only one we haven't seen in either mode yet, footage wise. I was hoping he'd show up in the new trailer but, oh well.

10. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Bumblebee's backing up, while Ratchet pulls up into the shot. (His lights are flashing)

11. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

I wish they would show him.

12. Bluestreak

Bluestreak Well-Known Member

S'funny, Ratchet was the Autobot I was least excited about yet all this lack of him in the trailers has built up my curiosity to see him now. I'm really looking forward to seeing his bot mode properly in the movie.

13. BeastWars 4ever

BeastWars 4ever Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Blurry ain't good enough!

14. Scraggin

Scraggin Banned

You know, if the bots were more characterised and distinguishable, we wouldn't keep having these threads :p  People keep telling me they have MORE CHARACTER THAN THE ORIGINALS yet again and again these threads come up. It's a problem. That's actually a reasonably clear shot of Ratchet, all things considered. If I blur Classics Bumblebee he doesn't look anything like a blurred Ratchet.

15. pdxtrojan

pdxtrojan Well-Known Member

Uhhh...what does character have to do with appearance? Should we have been able to distinguish Bumblebee's little-guy heroics with Ratchet's surgical timeliness in that 0.15-second motion-blurred clip? True, if you blur Classics BB and Classics Ratchet, you'll still be able to tell them apart pretty readily. How about G1 Jazz and Prowl?

In effect, the only thing this argues for is changing the color of Ratchet. The suggestion that "again and again these threads come up" makes no sense whatsoever in a thread that asks (implicitly) whether anyone's seen a CGI-rendered Ratchet in any of the trailers or TV spots. Again, for fifteen-hundredths of a second (if that) at 60 mph, the answer is yes. And because he's standing in shade making his lime green forgivably mistakeable for yellow, this is evidence of a flaw in character development? If you say so, but frankly I'd like to think that my appreciation for character development and appearance has gotten more sophisticated than simple color-coding. But that's just me.

16. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

I see puke green! It's gotta be Ratchet!

17. DaRolla

DaRolla Active Member

also, brawl has never been shown, in either form

18. Jeremy.B

Jeremy.B Formerly Leader Blackout TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    That makes no sense. I started the thread to ask if anyone had seen ratchet - I know what Bumblebee look like and, in fact, does not look like ratchet to me at all other than a slight resemblance in the shape of the head. And, I guarantee that with a blurry, quick, computer-desktop sized trailer with alot of action sequences crammed into 1.5 minutes alot of characters could look alike. And there is nothing reasonably clear about that shot of ratchet, BTW.
    On a side note/tangent/soapbox, it kills me to hear folks on here whine about the characters or story or effects or whatever. Some people hate the movie BUT HAVE NOT SEEN IT! On July 5th, if you don't like it, then comment on it. All the "I hate Michael bay" whining on here. Geez. Sorry the characters aren't exact replicas of blocky, crappily-animated G1 characters. That would look stupid on screen. If the producers/directors stuck to that formula, Transformers the movie would end up looking like the rocky and bullwinkle movie! And this isn't towards the fans who dislike the movie designs; I respect your opinion. It is towards those who get in jabs whenever possible, like the one above...this thread had nothing to do with whether or not you liked the designs, just wondering why we had not heard or seen ratchet in the movie yet!

19. redsquadron

redsquadron Token idiot...

We've seen RATCHET's vehicle mode in plenty of stills as well. He's still there all right!

20. HyperGeek_1984

HyperGeek_1984 Herr Doktor

On a side note, doesn't it seem like such a Starscream thing to do to make a point of being a dick and knock Ratchet over as he flys off?