Has anyone returned 2007 Movie Optimus..

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Crimson Primus, Jul 2, 2009.

1. Crimson Primus

Crimson Primus Deceptinut

..back to where they bought him from yet. I was wondering if Walmart still has him in the system so I can swap him for 2009 OP. Yes I still have the original box, i am not going to be a douche about it and buy 09 prime and swap 07 prime into the box.

thoughts?

or would it be easier to return him to a different store.

2. TransFan1996

TransFan1996 Well-Known Member

it is 2 yrs old i dobut you could

3. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I sold mine on ebay.

4. Tim Formas

Tim Formas Old Man Administrator

News Credits:
    It's possible that it's still in the system. However, keep in mind that you'll be given whatever price they list in the system.

If they did indeed clearance the Leader-class assortment from the first movie, you'll probalby get whatever the last clearance price listed in the system was. So, you may not get the full $40+ back.

5. Crimson Primus

That's good because I only paid 39.99 for him....

I know I have maxed out on my returns for walmart without a receipt, so I may have to look into taking him back to another store....like Target. I just need to know if anyone has tried at any store and succeeded?

6. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    When you say you still have the box I'm assuming you mean MISB.

If Walmart clearance him for $20 (or say $5) then you'll only get $20 ($5) in store credit. If it's still in the system at 39.99 then you'll get $39.99. If it's the premium you can make a profit or break even selling it on ebay or the boards. If it's the regular then probably not.

My Target clearanced him at $11 (25%) months ago. Target normally does not allow returns without a receipt. They'll sometimes make exceptions if it's below $25 but I doubt they will do it because if it's still in their systems it'll be listed as a clearance item. I don't think they keep items in their systems past 3 months clearance anyways.

TRU will not take anything back without a receipt.

Kmart is no longer around Texas so I have no idea on their return policy.

7. jamspeed

jamspeed is so beast!

Ebay:
    Not that long ago I saw TFTM leaders for 15$ each, that's probably what you would get with no receipt.

8. Crimson Primus

No, I just mean I have the box...lol

Its not so hard to twisty him back into his prison....and please....spare me the moral issues. He looks as new as the day I bought him. :) 

9. Th0r4z1n3

Th0r4z1n3 The F*cking Lizard King! Veteran

News Credits:
    Just because he "looks good as new" doesn't mean that he is still new, this thread is full of moral lose.

If you can't afford the figure you want then sell the one you have and put the money twards the new one. Shit like this gives us all the same kind of reputation as effin Hot Wheels collectors. :( 

For the record this thread itself is flame bait, & I know I'm also in the wrong for taking the bait but this shit is ridiculous.

10. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    I don't see how this is some moral issue or flame bait at all.

He specifically said he wasn't doing some kind of swap or anything. Just returning the figure back to the store, in its original packaging no less.

I mean, it's not like he's trying to rip anyone off at all.

11. Blitzwing256

Blitzwing256 Triple changer

first movie leader figures were clearnaced then salvaged, his last price was 3.74 before they went out of the system. but if you scream like a little girl who dropped her icecream on the floor for long enough i'm sure they'll buckle and give you more for it. Usually after about 10 minutes of a collector nerd crying they'll do whatever they can to get them out of the store quickly (and put them on a watch list so they can't do it in the future.

now I think i'm going to put my armada smokescreen back in his package and try to trade him up for move 2 smokescreen!

12. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    Why don't you just sell it. You'll probably get more back from that then the store.

13. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    How come I never see anyone proposing to return Leader Megatron from the 2007 toy line? One might imagine there would be more threads about that abomination compared with the much better 2007 Leader Prime toy?

Frankly, I don't understand the sudden rejection towards the poor fella. I remember people going stir crazy looking for that thing in stores, and ebay sellers chucking them out for higher than retail prices. Now, he's become the "Woody" from Toy Story. Sure, he's not as movie accurate compared to the new ROTF Leader Prime. But, he is far more durable in terms of less bits that you need to be careful of not breaking or ripping off. I'm not saying TFM2 Prime is cheap, just not as docile as his chunky predacessor.

Honestly, I'd just keep it. I have this crazy thing in my head called morals and values and I don't think about pulling stuff like what the OP mentioned of doing. That's pretty jacked up in my honest opinion. Better to sell it on ebay and be done with it if you really don't want the guy. May as well sell it to someone who will appreciate the thing. Or better yet, donate it to the Salvation Army or Good Will and earn good Karma points.

I'm one of the few who actually likes the 2007 Leader Megatron. The new one is better, and I will get one. But I don't dislike the first movie one to where I'll try returning it. I may sell it on ebay though if I ever decide to.

14. FreshDebesh

FreshDebesh <b><font color=brickred>oye chak de phatte!</font> Veteran

Personally I think 07 Leader Prime is better just because of the rubber tires. The 09 one not having them was a deal breaker for me. Light up eyes and phrases be damned.

15. amd098

amd098 En taro Artanis!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    09 has better articulation, he doesnt have huge wheel ass to hinder his legs

16. ntsan

ntsan Well-Known Member

Well some people just return their 07 in 09 box.

17. BadJeff

BadJeff Bite my shiny metal ass!

Simply not cool.

18. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No moral issues. Check. How about an alternate suggestion then? Instead of twisting him back in his prison just snap off a leg and bring it back to the store with the box saying you bought it at clearance and it was broken. This way you're screwing over the store instead of a potential buyer.

Really though, if you're not going to do a 09 box swap then you're better of keeping him or selling him on the boards/bay.

19. iheartarcee

iheartarcee Idonotheartbeastwars

Heres an idea.. appreciate what you have.. its a great figure and if you like rotf prime, keep 07 prime in truck mode and have your new prime in its lovely bot mode like I do.. They look cool together

20. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

paint it then sell it on ebay