Customs: has anyone repainted their BW Dinobot or BW optimal Optimus figure?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Rdfnd1253, Apr 5, 2008.

1. Rdfnd1253

Rdfnd1253 Well-Known Member

Hey I was curious if anyone has ever repainted their BW dinobot or optimal optimus to either be more show accurate or to be a whole new kind of character?? Can you post pics? Just curious to see how some repaints of that figure or even kitbashes of that figure for that matter, have come out.

thanks

2. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    did you look in the Radicons gallery? I'm pretty sure I've uploaded at least one of those two molds in there that someone had done.

3. Chaos Convoy

Chaos Convoy Dai Gurren-Dan member

News Credits:
    I made a new head for my BW Dinobot (which didn't really turn out all that great) and painted his bot parts as accurately as I could. I also painted my Optimus Primal, but it was just minor stuff like painting the fur on and red spots on his biceps and the vent on his forehead and his chest design.

I also repainted a BM Dinotron, which is a remold of BW Dinobot into another character:

http://www.db-destiny.net/squirrels/S6300027.JPG
    http://www.db-destiny.net/squirrels/S6300028.JPG

I just had an extra Dinotron laying around and I figured I'd do something with it. I came up with some bullcrap backstory for it but have since abandoned that. Right now he's just sitting on my shelf, nameless and without a personal history of his own.

I can take pics of Dinobot and Primal if you want. I don't think I ever showed my Dinobot here but I know I showed it over at Transtopia before it went under. The stuff done on my Primal's really so minor that it's not really worth taking pics of him though.