Has anyone quit smoking?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Destroyer, Sep 28, 2007.

1. funkatron101

funkatron101 TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    All this talk is making me hungry for turkey.

2. tusko

tusko Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    I don't smoke, but exercise is what I would recommend. It releases endorphines and it'll keep the happy drugs flowing in your brain.

Also stay strong by posting here.

I think a network of support always makes it easier to hold out longer. Big TFW is watching.

3. jazzmasta32

jazzmasta32 Well-Known Member

My dad just started smoking again after ten years. He wont stop either. He says he is too poor for the patch and he needs it, but that is bullshit. I cant be around him as much, because the cigarette smoke gives me migraines. I gotta say, he really disappointed me when he started again. I will never smoke though. I see no point.

4. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

I quit cold turkey 2 months ago and was an evil bastard for about two weeks, I had been smoking on and off for over 15 years.

5. Destroyer

Destroyer Destruction to all

Damn,I broke down and smoked today too much stress.But the question now is why do I just want to light up and start chain smoking?

6. ShortCircuit

ShortCircuit Decepticon

I quit cold turkey after a nights sleep, because my reasoning was "Ive went 8 hours without one in my sleep" haha "why should I smoke one now?" Because the want is still there. Truth is... you'll ALWAYS want one, no matter HOW long youve been smoke free, but you just have to get thru those times when you want one, and theyll become less frequent. You just have to realise your goal then, to be smoke free, and stay smoke free. Realistically, that want only lasts for like 2 minutes, then when you get your mind off it, the want goes away. The trick is to get over those times when you want one, period. That is the key. And it will pop-up on you all day long, at your weakest moment, you need to realise your goal when the "bug" hits you.

7. Sixshot

Sixshot Jeff Goldbluman Group

News Credits:
    I watched my health deteriorate in real time when I smoked. Pains in the morning and coughing up huge amounts of tar made me realize it was time to quit. That was about 3 years ago.

Cigarettes are devious. You start thinking, "Oh I'll have one." Three weeks later you're smoking 6-7 cigarettes a day. That was me anyways. Never evolved to a pack a day for me, but the 6-7/day eventually made me cough up mad shit. Glad I'm a pussy like that.

8. Big_Daddy

Big_Daddy The. Balls. Will. Touch.

News Credits:
    I've got a pack a day habit, and I've been smoking for twelve years now. I'm not at the point where I can say "I want to quit smoking" yet. My brain wants to quit, but the rest of me don't. I think that I would (unfortunately) need a real scare or something like that to make me quit, but right now, I don't want to. I like smoking, and yes, I know I'm a fucktard for thinking so. I hope that I'll get to the point you're at, and soon. 'Cus smoking is seriously effed up. Best of luck to you! Hope you pull it off!

9. a person

a person Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Keep fighting it dude you can do it!