Has anyone pre-ordered from robotkingdom.com before?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by thedrknss48, Sep 1, 2009.

1. thedrknss48

thedrknss48 Veteran

News Credits:
    Just as the title says, has anyone preordered from robotkingdom.com before? I'm looking to preorder the ghost of Starscream figure. I was wondering how good are they with fulfilling preorders. It says instock for preorder so they shouldn't have a problem with not fulfilling them right?

2. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    I pre-ordered my EZ Legends ROTF Devastator from them; got it on time and in excellent condition. They're good people.

3. $shockwave$

$shockwave$ Banned

News Credits:
    I wouldn't know but I trust them, I had a chat with one of the site runners via e-mail, and they seem pretty trustworthy.

4. thedrknss48

thedrknss48 Veteran

News Credits:
    Cool, thanks. They have the best prices. I heard shipping might be a lot but it should still be cheaper than buying from some other stores.

Too bad they don't have any more of the Henkei Seekers in stock, I am searching for those!

5. $shockwave$

$shockwave$ Banned

News Credits:
    You and me both dude :thumb 

6. Optimus Scourge

Optimus Scourge Arcee's boy toy Veteran

News Credits:
    I have dealt with them a few times. Good service, and nice packing. I recommend!

7. harrismonkey

harrismonkey Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've only used them a few times, but my experiences have been good. I wouldn't hesitate to use them again.

8. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    I bought from them, and it went well.

9. iceburn9

iceburn9 Constructicon

News Credits:
    I've ordered TFs from them several times, and each time the item arrives safe and sound.

I even made special requests to get them to pick one with a near-perfect box with no dents, scratches or wear, and they obliged everytime.

10. The_Black_Sheep

The_Black_Sheep Willyna...

News Credits:
    I used to do business with them quite frequently (their old-stock from various lines is quite extensive) but in recent times I've become a little jaded. When placing large orders, they have forgotten to include an item. Sure their customer service is excellent (& they make up for their mistake as soon as you let them know) but since they seemingly have no-one checking the orders (like BBTS does), They make mistakes. If only they'd implement BBTS' system where an employee stamps the invoice with their name, Items wouldn't get left out of orders. It's not that hard. -_-

As well as that, They have also screwed up pre-orders of mine on occasions. There was one occasion recently when I ordered a Blue Autoscout & pre-ordered an EZ Legends Devastator simultaneously. I asked them if they could please hold onto the Blue Autoscout until the EZ Legends Devvy came into stock & then ship them together (I did the same thing with the Henkei Coneheads & Henkei Ramjet and they did exactly as I asked). But this time RobotKingdom screwed up & sold my EZ Legends Devvy to someone else. Yes they gave me a refund on the Legends Devvy (unlike this guy - read the posts underneath) but frankly, it's just not good enough. -_-

So for pre-orders from now-on, I'm gonna be using HobbyLink Japan. Of all the occasions I've ordered/pre-ordered TFs through HLJ, they have never gotten my order wrong. Yeah, I'm definitely not as big of a fan of RobotKingdom as I used to be.

11. thedrknss48

thedrknss48 Veteran

News Credits:
    Hmm...I didn't much like the idea that I'd have to pay full price immediately for a pre-order. But HLJ doesn't have the ghost of starscream fig up for pre-orders.....

Would you recommending paying the extra $10 at BBTS to ensure less mistakes happen? The shipping is cheaper I think, I'm not sure exactly where they ship from. I don't usually hear bad things about BBTS. I was hoping they would take paypal though......

EDIT: Actually, they do. NM!

12. thedrknss48

thedrknss48 Veteran

News Credits:
    BBTS doesn't take paypal on preorders.... -_____-

13. Rijie78

Rijie78 Vinyl junkie.

News Credits:
    Bought and pre-ordered with Robotkingdom before, no complaints. Tend to always go to HLJ and there first.

14. thedrknss48

thedrknss48 Veteran

News Credits:
    Have you preordered recently? I'm hearing a lot of recent disasters than from earlier.

15. TornadoQuakeX

TornadoQuakeX Decepti-Creep

Ditto.

16. MagnusMaximus

MagnusMaximus Active Member

I've ordered from RK in the past and no problems so far.