Has anyone played AirMech yet?

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by YoungPrime, Jan 29, 2012.

1. YoungPrime

YoungPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    AirMech is a remake of the RTS game Herzog Zwei released for the Sega Genesis back in 1990.

You basically control a jet that can transform in to a robot. The objective is to capture all the enemies bases and to destroy their main base while protecting your own. The ability to create and command commando's, tanks, armor trucks, etc is what gives it that RTS feeling.

Back when I was a kid I loved playing Herzog Zwei and always thought how incredible an actual Transformers version of this game would be. Either way this is still a great classic game and I'm so happy they remade it.

It's still in the developmental stages but the Alpha is free to play through Google Chrome's App store once you register.

Here's a youtube review:
    AirMech Gameplay Guide (HD) - YouTube

Here's were you register.

https://carbongames.com/signup.html?id=chimneyswift

It's also multiplayer so let me know what you guys think!

2. YoungPrime

News Credits:
    After watching this video imagine a G1/IDW Starscream and the seekers flying around shooting at Skyfire, Powerglide or the Aeriobots as they drop off tanks like Warpath or Hardhead to destroy your base. (Trypticon perhaps?)

Am I the only guy who thinks this idea wouldn't be amazing?

3. YoungPrime

News Credits:
    ....Wow no love.

Oh well so much for opening the door to infinite possibilities.

4. ryan.j

ryan.j Well-Known Member

Super old post, but i was going to post this myself and a quick search turned this thread up - Airmech is actually pretty damn good! :)  for the uninitiated it's a top down shooter/RTS hybrid, it's free, you can run it in your browser (as long as your browser is Chrome) or as a stand-alone app on your PC.

[​IMG]

You can play online against actual humans, or offline against the computer, and matches can be anything from hourable 1v1s through to 3v3 brawls. Its about to get a Steam release too, and your goodies will be available on all platforms.

Apologies if this sounds like random forum spam - its not, but I'm completely smitten with this game at the moment. Its got giant stompy transforming robots, starcraft-style rapid rts and arcade blasting. Did i mention it's free? No sign of pay-to-win either, all the $$$ stuff is purely cosmetic. Definitely recommend you give it a go.

I've linked to it below - there are two links, one has a referral code in which basically gets me goodies if you sign up and play the game a bit using it, the other is a straight link to their download page and gives me nuffink - its not one of those farmville things where you need to trick a million people into clicking your link so its not the end of the world if you'd rather not.

That sounds pretty cool. i'll give it a whirl

I hate you and/or am so suspicious of people enthusing about things i do not know about, i refuse to click your stupid link. I hope your gold plastic crumbles you tit ryan.

Full disclosure: i liked the game so much i bought the beta access bundle on Steam to help them on their way.

5. shadowsfm

shadowsfm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    slightly reminds me of end of nations. ok ill try it

6. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream The Ultimate Golden Gamer

News Credits:
  7. ryan.j

ryan.j Well-Known Member

It's a catch22, if I'd just posted there you can guarantee somebody would have moaned that there was already a thread and I needed to learn2search. Hopefully a kind mod can move this over...

In airmech related news, I really like the A10 for it's gun, but the chopper is a surprisingly good shooty mech with fully upgraded rockets.

8. YoungPrime

News Credits:
  9. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream The Ultimate Golden Gamer

News Credits:
    This thread is just "This game is cool and awesome and fun and I like it here's a video did you try it? YOU SHOULD btw similar to tf so dont move."