Has anyone noticed that....

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by nightbolt, Apr 30, 2009.

1. nightbolt

nightbolt Lead Farmer

......Blackarachnia's origin makes no form of sense at all? :crazy**

2. Flashdisk

Flashdisk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What do you mean?

3. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Makes no more sense than alien robots that transform into Earth vehicles.

4. Dom

Dom TFA Supporter

News Credits:
    Whats not to understand? OP, SP & E1 go to planet, E1 falls into spiders nest, OP & SP leave her behind, E1 turns into BA and is pissed at the Autobots beacuase they left her hanging and becomes a Decepticon.

5. chaddi_90

chaddi_90 Prime

News Credits:
    :confused: 

6. stuckeypcs

stuckeypcs Well-Known Member

Doesn't get much more clearer than that.

7. Orbital

Orbital Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Was nightbolt even thinking when he started this thread...he didnt even explain, it was like no one was home...when he was typing.

8. realCliffjumper

realCliffjumper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well the spiders supposedly injected BA with venom that transformed her. Bot how can an organic venom do that to a machine?! I agree, makes no scientific sense, but hey, it is a kids' show. I really don't mind gaps in logic or plot holes. Plus, we don't understand Autobot Anatomy, it could be possible...

Though, I will say this. In the episode, BA explains that it is the venom that does that to her, but if you consider her powers were working at the same time...THAT, I can beleive had something to do with this being plausible.

...Okay, I just tried to make a scientific arguement about an animated television sci-fi show that takes place a century into the future and stars robotic beings from another planet...I know I am not the most credible expert. I just thought someone should play devil's advocate.

9. Silent_Magnus

Silent_Magnus Taint of Primus

News Credits:
    I'm ok with shows making up their own science.
    As long as they stay consistent.

10. Flashdisk

Flashdisk Well-Known Member

News Credits:

Heh heh.... I have a theory on why that happened. I think her copy powers are an offshoot of transcanning tech. Hence, when she was injected by the venom, her body obtained a genetic sample from the spiders. Her power went out of control and reformatted her body into a technorganic one.

Going in it more deeply, it could have gone to the point where in her own body returned into a partial protoform state, hence why she went all gooey and bloated at some point.

If we use our own human terms to define what happened to her. I think it goes like this. Or bodies start out form simple stem cells. From those stem cells it can turn into almost any organ, if not all. We still have stem cells in our bodies.

Now Cybertronians may have a similar type of of sub unit within them. Maybe we can call it a protoform stem cell. I think to duplicate powers she's able to use still existing stem cells, or return her cells from specialized cells into stem cells, absorb some samples of cybertronian dna from her comrades. And presto, when the stem cells she reverted specialize again, they become the weapons of her friends. And maybe when these cybertronian cells die, she loses the weapon.

When the spider bit her, it injected its own genetic make up into her body, adding its genetic make up into all her stem cells. Her cells lapped it up because that's how her powers work, incorporating the organic with the mechanical to the molecular level. Maybe her powers went out of control to the point that most of her body's cells returned to a stem cell state. And when those stem cells began to specialized it scattered all over her body turning her into a technorganic.

She is unable to return maybe because there is not a trace of untechnorganic cells left in her body.

11. realCliffjumper

realCliffjumper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There you have it, ladies and gentlemen!

12. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    don't try to think to much into the scienceof transformers, it a bad idea believe i once gave my self a migraine trying to work out how devestor could stand up in Astrotrain :banghead:  its not worth the brain pain people, just nod and go with it

13. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Makes more sense than this thread.

14. nightbolt

nightbolt Lead Farmer

No matter how you look at it, it still makes no sense. The spider venom didn't do it. If your car got bitten by a spider, would it turn part spider?
    The power absorbing ability didn't do it. If the powers didn't work on organics before, why all of a sudden do they now (it's just like Rockadoodle all over again)? An energon explosion wouldn't mutate the spiders, it would kill them. No matter how you look at it, it still makes no sense. All of these fanboy replies bring back memories of my opinion on transwarped (which sucked, by the way).

15. the loupe

the loupe Active Member

The only person who ever said her ability-absorbing power wouldn't work on organics was Optimus (iirc), and he's not what I'd consider an infallible source. It had nothing to do with the venom. It was the ability-absorbing powers. Optimus was wrong. Simple as that.

16. Silent_Magnus

Silent_Magnus Taint of Primus

News Credits:
    Wasn't it implied that the spiders were somehow mutated by the energon?

17. Sharktibolt

Sharktibolt Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would assume it would have something to do with the fact that they were ALIEN spiders. Who knows exactly what they were?

My other theory is that when the explosion occured, the energon and the spiders mixed somehow into something Elita-One's ability COULD copy. Then, when she had copied whatever the spider/energon mix was and she changed into Blackarachnia, the extra energon might have made the change permanent.

But whatever the real reason, it's Transformers. Who cares if it makes sense? :p 

18. swarlock

swarlock Autobot Supporter

Exactly.

19. HiKaizer

HiKaizer Plot Botherer

Who says that Elita One's powers couldn't scan organics like that? Every Transformer is different after all, perhaps she was the first one that could. Further more I don't remember anyone else having a skill like hers, it seemed to be pretty unique. Then there is the fact that to the Transformers organics are not exactly a common thing, Bumblebee and Bulkhead were completely clueless for example and Jazz took Sentinel Prime's words for gospel, whereas Optimus Prime approached it with a more level headed approach from the start despite the shared experiences with organic creatures that both had. Then as has been pointed out is the Energon nearby of which we know nothing about; I don't remember Energon being explained at all except from the implication that it is an energy source. Also, Transformers are clearly made out of some kind of exotic matter or extremely heavy elements as Destronium was both difficult to manufacture and rare, as well as being volatile. Overall I don't think there is a great deal of information at all that can allow us to definitively say that what happened to Elita One is plausible or not.

The OP's problem is that you are making assumptions with little information and then trying to enforce these ideas on the story. We don't know for sure how essentially anything works in Animated; we can make intuitive or informed guesses but to be honest I don't believe that anyone except for the creative minds behind it can know for sure. If you are not prepared to suspend your disbelief when you watch a cartoon, despite its dual appeal to children and adults, then you will find yourself drawing these paradoxical conclusions.

20. nightbolt

nightbolt Lead Farmer

DID ANYONE ACTUALLY READ MY POST?!?!?! And at least everything else in the TF universe is explained in a logical way.