Has anyone here sent their toys to be graded by AFA?

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by vnutz, Jul 6, 2007.

1. Malach Ra

Malach Ra TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    500 is the best i can do without losing money.

2. Moonstreaker

Moonstreaker The Evil Triplet

Ebay:
    Hey MG...yeah I did quit the the thread out of frustration with the guy who started it. I just don't see the point trying to explain myself to someone who can't follow a simple train of thought. And then makes inane comments based on fragments of sentences that are taken out of context.

And why I think the people at the AFA aren't experts. Well that's easy. They grade a lot of stuff way higher than they should IMO. About half the TF's I see with a sub-grade box of 80 would barely qualify as a 70 in my book. They are too inconsistent to be taken seriously. Their cases are nice, but the only use I have for them is to jack up the price of my auctions.

3. Might Gaine

Might Gaine The Devil Express

News Credits:
    I don't think I'd send it in either. If you want a nice case for it, you can get them to make you a sliding bottom case instead. I think it's actually cheaper than having it graded and you don't have to deal with a possible AFA rejection.

4. Jeremy.B

Jeremy.B Leader Blackout LIVES!!!

News Credits:
    Ahh, thanks guys for the info on this threade...I have always wondered why I see G1 Primes on Ebay for thousands of $$. I didn't realize how big a deal AFA was. Seems like there are alot of suckers on Ebay, though, because I have seen MISB TFs on there for much less than others, simply due to AFA.