Has anyone here ever bought from brianstoys.com?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by HoosierDaddy, Jan 3, 2012.

1. HoosierDaddy

HoosierDaddy Decepticon. I'm no hero

News Credits:
    I just tried them recently. The first order I placed 3 weeks ago, they sent me an email saying one of the items was not available so i opted for a refund. Then on a second order I made last week I got another email today about another item that is not available. Twice in 3 weeks. If some of these things are not available, why do they show "in stock"? I'm afraid to get anything more because both times I was eager to get items I was really looking forward to, only to have them tell me it's not available. Is this just a string of bad luck or is this common with them?

2. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Their offerings have always been too high-priced for me to buy from them.

3. HoosierDaddy

HoosierDaddy Decepticon. I'm no hero

News Credits:
    Yeah, they are a bit high on price but I found a few decent deals and pulled the trigger. Then, in each of my first 2 orders there was an item that wasn't available even though it clearly shows "in stock" on their site. They still have some stuff I'd like to buy but I don't know if I want to deal with this hassle again.

4. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    I dealt with them a bit at a Botcon a while back, but haven't ordered anything online. I didn't have any problems and they were pretty nice, IIRC they were involved with some retro/collectables auctions at the time and gave me a really nice catalog that worked really well as a fieldguide.

5. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, I bought from them like 5 years ago and was unhappy with the prices/service, so I stayed away. I don't think they're someone who would rip you off, but there was something there I didn't like

6. ABrown

ABrown Well-Known Member

I've bought from them many times before. I've never had any problems with them. Most of the stuff that I've bought from them has been He-Man related (original reissues and the toys from the MYP series). I've never had any problems with them. I get their magazine that comes in the mail, I want to say that it comes quarterly. The magazine will say that they have something in stock. But I know that whenever I look online it says that they're out of it.

7. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Jumpin' Jellyfish! Super Mod

News Credits:
    I bought from them once at BotCon, can't remember what year. I picked up a "100% Complete" Piranacon...who was missing all of the little guns and had sported a broken Nautilator and Skalor. I know it was my own damn fault for not checking it myself before laying down the cash, but still...

I've never purchased from their site and since everything that isn't listed as Out of Stock is waaayyy over-priced I guess I won't be either.

8. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Prices are high, their stock status needs work, but they are reliable. I purchased a TF from them once. Shipping was fast, it was well packed and they were quick with communication.

9. Seeker

Seeker Time Lord

Ebay:
    I've thought about it but the prices stopped me.

10. Spalah

Spalah Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My first order in the internet was from Briantoys. Everything was fine and i even got catalog from them.