Has anyone given up on the toys?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by bradforj, Oct 8, 2012.

1. bradforj

bradforj Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm just wondering if I am the only person to give up on trying to complete this line? After realizing that I will never be able to get all of the figures without paying more than it should cost, I am now in the process of returning the ones that I have back to the stores. I wanted to build a complete set at retail. There is no reason to be forced into buying these online and having to pay out the butt to ship them all over the place. Hasbro's inability to distribute this product has killed my interest completely. Am I alone?

2. CrockAlley

CrockAlley Gween donkey! Mine!

I "gave up" on the toyline when they cancelled First Edition, and was glad that I did when I heard that RID toys weren't up to the FE quality. Such a misstep. I have a few, and I'll keep buying a few here and there, but I'm no longer interested in investing myself fully in the toyline.

3. WoundSave

WoundSave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    if ALL that you are trying to complete is the north american line then just be patient. stuff will hit shelves eventually, once xmas shopping madness is going on TRU will be restocking there shelves daily.

if you want takara stuff, well, it wouldnt be any cheaper to collect united or anything else you have to import.

the comic book shop i go to for RID and MTMTE has gotten the retail bruticus, rumble, and kup, but they were 25 bucks, i could have bought them then, but im fine waiting till i can get them at TRU and either get a sale or a price adjust within 45 days.

4. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Hammer of the Gunplas

I'd be okay with some of the price changes as long as the product being paid for was of high enough quality. As it is, the last Deluxe that I bought was Knock Out and the sheer drop of quality from Wheeljack being visible simply in how it's clear a good portion of the figure's design was sacrificed in the name of the head reveal gimmick (which doesn't even work). Hell, the only on-show character deluxe they bothered even giving a faction insignia is also the shittiest toy in the line and possibly not even a Decepticon at this point. The fact FoC is also following these stupid design cost cutbacks in the name of gimmicks just disappoints me. The only good thing I can think of from all this is that it's keeping my wallet full of money to go spend on other things.
    Wait, are you saying 25 bucks PER figure or 25 bucks for all five Combaticons? Because the latter sounds like an excellent deal.

5. Leather Elbows

Leather Elbows Dooper

News Credits:
    I only have voyager Prime, Megatron, deluxe Soundwave and Wheeljack. Not even trying to get the rest. None of the other waves have been released in Ireland yet. With the DOTM toyline we got all the waves in no time. But for some reason we aren't getting anything. Not even the FoC figures.

6. CrockAlley

CrockAlley Gween donkey! Mine!

I know FE is coming back out but my enthusiasm is already killed. I will be picking up Optimus and Bulkhead, but the momentum of my excitement for this line halted months ago. I can easily name a dozen figures I'm NOT going to buy that I otherwise would have if could have picked up a FE OP and Bulkhead way back.

This. I bought Knock Out and what a let down. The only reason I bought him was to go with Breakdown, and then Hasbro says no Breakdown. Argh!

7. Autobot Burnout

Yeah, I'm still kind of pissed off that Hasbro didn't develop their own version of Breakdown "for price reasons" while at the same time they spent money on the molds for shitty figures like Airachnid and more Bumblebee repaints.

At least the Reprolabels set manages to salvage Knock Out somewhat, which is good by me as the only reason I kept the stupid toy was because he's the only character in the show I like next to Soundwave.

8. Wars

Wars Regular At Swerve's™

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    Tumblr:
    I was, at one point, tempted to give up on the main line and move on the Cyberverse stuff. But now, new mainline stuff is starting to creep its way so I'm going to give it another try.

1. Prime wave two deluxes have shown up in multiple Tescos over the last month or so, and are starting to appear in Smyths. Not to mention the possibility of voyager wave two now in Argos.

2. FOC deluxes have been in Smyths stores for a good two weeks now.

9. bobbyjack

bobbyjack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    After a year and a half of buying Transformers, I now have almost 3-4 times as many as I used to have as a kid. My son will never be able to play with all of these at once. It would take him about 6 or 7 hours just to transform them all. We have the majority of the movie cast, Season 1, 2, and 3 Classics, and Prime. After he gets the ones I have already gotten him for Christmas, (FE Optimus, FE Bulkhead, Voyager Dreadwing, Hasbro retail Bruticus) we should be done with the Deluxes and Voyagers. I think from now on, I will stick with MPs for me and Cyberverse for him.

10. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I'm mainly Cyberverse for this line, but I do have a scattering of the regular figures too. I've certainly not given up, but I do have considerably less interest in this line than I have in lines past.
    I was susprised to come across TFP Voyager Bulkhead and Starscream in Kerrisons Toys a couple of weeks back. Apart from their online store though I think Kerrisons only has two Norfolk brick and mortar branches so that's probably not useful information to anyone not in Norwich or Great Yarmouth. I just wish those Voyagers had been on discount like Tescos have their Voyagers and Deluxes right now. And Argos and Kerrisons Toys both have the Deluxe wave with Knock Out, which is wave three, yes? And I believe Argos have their Deluxes at just under £10 right now so that's something. So there are options for new figures, even if they're not so widespread as we'd like.
    Wish there was a Smyths near me.

11. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I haven't given up, as I was never going to complete the line anyways, but I have lost almost all interest in the line. There are certain figures I would get if Hasbro were to release them, but I'm not confident that they will.

12. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Well-Known Member

I gave up on all TF toys about a year ago IIRC. Out of scale with older figures, high prices, low quality, crapy gimmicks, lack of Decepticon toys and everything being canceled put me off. Although now cancellations has been replaced by availability. First the shit they did with FOC Bruticus. Now everything being Takara exclusive. And all the other problems are only getting worse.

13. jjtitus

jjtitus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I haven't given up. I have all the US releases. I'd love to have Breakdown, but the price is just too high for me to justify on a voyager class figure. Some of the figures disappoint me, but I like having them all. Hopefully they release some more in the near future since there's nothing left for me to get after the next wave of voyagers hit the shelves.

14. wildfly

wildfly Right notes. Wrong order.

News Credits:
    It's the sound of toys being thrown from the cot. Again.

Maybe we should just have one massive 'Rarrrrgh@Hasbro' sticky so all the complaints are in place for them to look at,
    ...and so the rest of us can get on with actually buying toys instead of whinging about them.

Thank you.

15. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    I'm glad i ordered a Breakdown from japan, because he'll look good with Knock Out. and i need that reprolabels set too, and i might even get an extra Knock Out, so i can have one normal and one stickered, as well as the Arms Micron version... i think i'm one of the few who likes that toy.

yeah, my LCS had the first wave of FOC, but because their cost was so high (16-18 per figure i think) they've gotta charge a lot more for them. it's a drag, cuz I'd like to support small business, but that's a huge difference in price.

16. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I was never going to collect all the Deluxe sized or larger figures. I don't like the movies so I've really got no desire for figures like Prime or Bumblebee. At this point I'm mostly interested in the figures that would fit into my Classics collection. Ouch although after buying Airachnid I learned the hard way to be careful what you buy and I'm fairly sure that Deluxe sized Vehicons are just an urban myth.

Cyberverse I buy just about all the on screen characters but I haven't been buying the repaints because it just seems too much like the same character in different colors rather than being new characters.

17. Neo Tallgeese

Neo Tallgeese Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Can't say I've given up. My main purpose was never to complete the line though. I just buy the figures I like. Price hike aside, I still think Prime is putting out some pretty good molds. I may be buying fewer than before, but I still don't want to just "stop".

18. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Prime is a limited time line meaning it can be feasibly completed. Going by the past it'll be done this or next year. As such it is possible to finish the line.

The filler CHUG lines are the umpossible to get them all lines as they are never ending and often involve third party releases as well and could keep going on and on and on and on. I gave up on that madness while I was still ahead.

19. Autobot Burnout

I take back what I said earlier about the Prime line for one toy: Prime Rumble. The Reprolabels set for him just got revealed and god DAMN if it doesn't make that figure look amazing. I must acquire one...

EDIT: Also, just out of curiosity, was it ever really explained WHY Hasbro decided to make the FE line in the first place? I mean, for every FE mold that got made, that's one deluxe mold investment that didn't go into the mainline Prime offerings, and frankly one of the biggest issues with the mainline is the sheer lack of character and mold diversity, next to the drop in quality.

20. AnAutobot1985

AnAutobot1985 Well-Known Member

Selling the rest of my Prime toys now. DONE.

Generations Asia exclusives I wont be buying. Keeping limited "deluxes".

I am sticking with G1, and 3rd party. Screw retail.