has anyone found a silver faced ironhide at retail?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Gadep, Mar 22, 2009.

1. Gadep

Gadep Banned

News Credits:
    just wondering...i have a blue faced one...never got a 2nd one to try for a correct colored one...

and yes i am aware of the "fix" for the issue...

2. Cyberjet #7

Cyberjet #7 Banned

Currently no.

There was a previous thread about finding a silver-faced Ironhide based on the date stamp. The date stamp from the post was "82851", which is the only one I've seen posted so far. As I explained in that thread, we are looking a date stamp that is higher than that number or a date stamp that starts with the number "9".

Once someone finds an silver-faced Ironhide and posts the corresponding date stamp, everyone here will be able to find one; without any guess-work needed.

3. MushroomPrime

MushroomPrime ******

News Credits:
    They were obviously just saying that so the fandom would stfu.

4. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

It really isn't worth the hassle to find one. Silver sharpie for the win!! Hours, days, months, gas and time spent. All these solved with 30 seconds of time.

5. Alexander Quinn

Alexander Quinn Well-Known Member

Agreed. Just buy the regular version and do a quickie paint app. It's not that hard. I painted mine with some model paint right after I opened him. Don't let the blue face stop you from getting this great figure.

6. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I did but he also had a white body and some weird red crest!!!

7. Dormamu

Dormamu I am Broot.

News Credits:
    ^ :lol 

8. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    It's a running change = The remold/repaint won't have it!

Same with the blue stripes on Armada Wheeljack, or fixing the paint on the Universe Prowl and Silverstreak, it rarely gets caught and fixed in time to release to retailers.

9. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

I don't think that running change was ever made.

10. Gadep

Gadep Banned

News Credits:
    ditto...i was just curious...i am not a fan of ironhide...or any of the universe autobot cars...selling them as a group...i was just curious if anyone had found a "fixed" one after Hasbro's announcement....

11. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    This:
    And this:
    When I read Hasbro was going to make a running change I knew that was never likely going to happen. I suppose the full stocks for Ironhide were already made with the blue face and no more more were going to be produced anyway for any kind of running change to happen. If I'd suspected that Hasbro were going to actually put any out with a silver face I'd have not just gone ahead and bought a blue-faced one, but I knew there was no point waiting for an official fix.

12. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sure, he got a running change.

Just like Armada Wheeljack and Armada Thrust...

13. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    The problem is Ironhide hasn't shipped after Universe deluxe wave 3. He was eliminated from the assortment when Cyclonus, Starscream, Hound and Cheetor premiered. And I doubt there will be revised cases, with the movie coming in just over two months. We would have had news of them by now via preorders at BBTS or Entertainment Earth.

Best hope? Wait until after the movie to see IF Ironhide comes back.

14. Secretcode

Secretcode Keeper of Encarta Veteran

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    This is the most likely outcome of this whole ordeal. I mean honestly, if this was an accident, they would have caught it around the photography stage.

What was Thrust's supposed change?

15. Gingerchris

News Credits:
    This would probably be the best bet as they'd likely need to produce new stocks of the figure and would hopefully get the face paint right this time.
    Imagine the outcry if they re-released Universe Ironhide and his face was blue again. :p 

16. kidnicky

kidnicky Well-Known Member

I bought the figure,and honestly even if he had a silver face,I'd still be disappointed. In vehicle mode,he's nothing like his G1 self (isn't that the point of this line?) plus has ridiculous panel lines all over him due to the needlessly complex transformation. The Japanese version's paint job makes it a little better,but I'd still rather have it be a van. Then,as a robot,he has a blue face,and doesn't really look anything like the cartoon character besides having a windshield chest. The legs are stupid looking.
    I was so excited when I heard there was finally going to be an updated G1 Ironhide toy,but he turned out to be hardly any more accurate than the original toy. At least he has a head,I'll give him that much. :) 

17. Magnus' Mate

Magnus' Mate Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Must admit, the blue face doesn't really bother me as much as I thought it would...

18. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

I agree that all the lines over the vehicle mode are needless. They could have designed that a little better. However, I disagree with the point that he is nothing like the G1 version. Sure, he isn't a van anymore but, conversion vans aren't popular anymore. I also don't see kids wanting to play with their mom's minivan.......not cool. I think changing him into a SUV was the most logical choice. Astrotrain isn't a steam engine anymore. They have to adapt in order to go on. As an update to a character, I think he is awesome.

19. Gingerchris

News Credits:
    Indeed. Now Classics Grimlock is how not to do an update on a beloved character. There was no need for such a big departure in design.

20. 0R10N P4X

0R10N P4X Banned

News Credits:
    Don't bother with Universe and get Henkei. No Allspark blue face, no Allspark blue windows. Just a richer/deeper red with additional yellow stripes, chrome accents, metallic blue windows and grey face and pants.