Has anyone ever had to send their PS3 back for repairs?

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Team Jetfire, Feb 23, 2009.

1. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    I'm just wondering how smooth it went. I just got the stupid thing at Christmas and now the HDMI output isn't working. I called and figured out the video reset which got the AV connection working, but the HDMI still would not work.

My question is...I was told by one guy at playstation that it didn't matter what type of HDMI cable I connected with. In fact, he said "the cheaper the better". Then I was told by some girl, a short time after (when I phoned to set up a return) that if I do not use a PS HDMI cable I will have voided the warranty. Unfortunately I have not used an PS HDMI cable...will they still fix it under the warranty?

Any other thoughts I should keep in mind when shipping?

Thanks!

2. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    an HDMI cable is an HDMI cable. price and brand doesnt matter. so yes, the cheaper the better.

as for a non-sony cable voiding your warranty, it's bullshit. there's no way to enforce it.

it's the typical sony customer service runaround. they refused to fix my under-warranty PSP because I didnt have it's BOX.

they will do whatever they can to keep from fixing your stuff for free.

3. AnimatedFan

AnimatedFan Banned

Yeah, just don't tell them it was a 3rd party HDMI cable. You're not being devious, you're being sensible and not paying their outrageous prices for a damned $13.00 cable.

They have no way of knowing whether or not you're telling the truth. Plus the HDMI cable isn't powered and doesn't work like a USB cable where it can power a device or something. They can't tell whether or not you used a Sony cable.

They just don't want to pony up the dough to fix their lemon that you were sold.

Fight it every step of the way. Screw 'em.

4. The_Bardock

The_Bardock ****** of the Minicons

Hmmm I should probably give sony a call too. My PS3 isn't ejecting discs properly. I have to hold down the button on the ps3 for 5 seconds for it to work. If i just press it without holding it down or doing it onscreen it will just make abunch of sound and nothing will come out.

5. AnimatedFan

AnimatedFan Banned

This is why I miss toploader systems. If it broke down, at least you didn't have to worry about getting your game back. Now, if it gets stuck, you can't pull it out yourself or you void the warranty.

6. Counterpunch?

Counterpunch? Interior Renovator

Ebay:
    My experience with Sony repairs was quick and easy.