has anyone ever gave up transformers for good?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by herculesbeetle, Aug 27, 2016.

1. herculesbeetle

herculesbeetle Decepticon

Just curious if so how would you do it?

Maybe I should quit because I can never organize them in the right condition and I spent my whole summer obsessing over their condition. I am depressed that I wasted my summer and going back to college. And I never got the figures I wanted due to my obsession.

Plus I obsessed on cleaning my storage box and buying new storage boxes just to screw it up by leaving then near a bright window that i could have avoided.

If I give it up i have nothing to do. Really depressed today.

sorry to sound like i am attention seeking i just need help.

-thanks for putting up with my obsessiveness everyone.

just a consideration.

-thank you

2. Rodimus Mike

Rodimus Mike MP & TF Collector

Ebay:
    Within the span of DOTM and AOE I was at my lowest point of buying anything Transformers except Prime which I got regularly.But as for Movie Type Figures I bought a total of 7 figures in the form of Deluxe Scorn,Deluxe Slag,Deluxe Swoop,Deluxe Snarl,Deluxe whatshisname the blue Velociraptor,Voyager Sludge,and Voyager Grimlock. I did not buy anything else,the only reason I bought bought the Dinobots is out of nostalgia and I am a diehard Dinobot Fan.

Everything else just didn't interest me one bit,not even Evasion Mode Prime which everyone clammored for.But after AOE and the BIG Reveal of Combiner Wars and shortly after Unite Warriors,and BAM! I was hooked again and I started buying everything I could get my hands on,so I ended up getting 2 of each of the CW's and 1 of the UW's for the first few sets of Superion,Menasor,Defensor,Devastator (only got 1 set of him in CW),Bruticus,Victorion (also only 1 set for now).

And trying to find UW Computron but he's done Sold Out Everywhere,except HLJ which I refuse to pay $50some dollars shipping. And would love to get UW Megatronia but I'm not spend that much for the set.I also want UW Clear Starscream from the Grand Galvatron set but at $40 for a deluxe I will wait and see if some Knockoff Company does him and save a few bucks.

Now to the current line of Titans Return,admittedly there are some stinkers in this line like Sentinel Prime,& Blaster but as for the rest I am absolutely amazed by the rest,these are just Awesome,and I can't wait for the rest of the TR figs come out.

3. CrovaxNL

CrovaxNL Well-Known Member

I am in the process of selling all my TF's. Star Wars is my first love and when I startedcollecting TF's there were no Hot Toys Star Wars figures yet. When they came out I saw the Star Wars figures I always wanted.

But it sounds like you need some nice display cabinets.

4. banjoted

banjoted Timelord

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Hey dude

At the risk of sounding patronising, if there is an issue here it sounds like maybe it's your stress and anxiety levels that is causing you issues, and not the TFs themselves. Is there anyone you can talk to about it to try and help get you to a better place where you can more enjoy the hobby?

Good luck man

5. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    Is my opinion too. Sounds to me its not the hobby you should quit, its the worrying.
    If there are better reasons to give up this hobby maybe you should, but i think you could enjoy it fine if you could find a way to feel more comfortable with yourself and allow life to happen.
    If this level of anxiety is present in other areas of your life i think it is a very good idea to find help from a proffesional who can help you find ways to deal with the insecurities of life in a healthier way.
    And you really shoudn't apologies, people have no right to critisize you for being anxious, at least that's my opinion.
    My appologies as well if i have been a bit presumptious by the way.
    Best of luck.

6. AkibaSilver

AkibaSilver Time Traveller

I did for a few years, between about 2012 and a few months ago. Add in the age I was at and the lack of product I found interesting, and I've got no regrets about it.

7. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    If someone had given up Transformers for good....they wouldn't be here to tell you about it.

8. DocSeth81

DocSeth81 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    dude when I was in college, I thought more about girls than toys...... I still collected some, but I was more about girls. Live the normal collegian life. Drink, sleep with women you don't know their names, make friends

9. LSyd

LSyd Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    like Chef said, there's a time and place for everything: college.

i'd say scale back on collecting and enjoy college, focus on doing well, then you'll be able to make more money to spend on this hobby. if you want to.

-

10. transmasterc

transmasterc Well-Known Member

News Credits:

I agree there,If not for the Generations, Combiner Wars and now the TR lines I would have given up on Transformers a long time ago. I only got the AOE Dinobot as for nostalgia sake as well, everything else was a huge pass. The only figure I bought from DOTM was Powerglide. With that said,the movie figures still look like crap to me. As for the TR Leader Blaster I love him. Is he perfect, far from it but a great attempt to bring a G1 style to him.

11. Slave IV

Slave IV more wealth than you can imagine!

Nothing's for good until you're dead. There are more years of my life where I didn't buy Transformers than when I did. Right now I buy them, maybe in a few years I won't and then maybe later on I will again. It really depends on what's available at the time and what I feel like spending my resources on. One thing is for sure, ever Transformer I ever had, I still have unless it was bought as a gift for someone else.

12. Dark Jedi

Dark Jedi Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It was called the 1990's for me at least. Transformers at that point were just a fond memory on the ash heap of the attic pile along with everything else from the era until Star Wars came back in 1999. That got me into collecting again and I bought my first Optimus Prime the Tokyo 2000 Black edition. I quit again in 2005 and only started up recently in 2014. I've gotten a lot in a short span of time which I think is better than collecting for years and years day in a day out. We put in alot of hours into this hobby and sometimes it's good to know when to call it quits. I may not be collecting at all once the current line up is finished.

13. ma70er

ma70er HasTak/3P TF Collector, Gamer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    They may have given up on collecting, but if the people you're asking this question to are still on this site, they haven't given up on TF for good :lol 

14. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I gave up on Transformers for good once, but the brainwashing Hasbro instilled in me in the 1980's is a tough thing to break.

15. dgold93

dgold93 Rainmaker

I sold of fmy entire collection last year as I was going off into the Coast Guard and needed money before I left. Long story short, it was a hasty decision and I'm slowly building my collection back up to its former glory.

Yea, tried to. Did it work? Heck no.

I'm back and I'm collecting stronger than ever. Quitting this hobby should never be a hasty decision, really take your time on this. If anything, take a break. Box up your figures, (or store them safely) and stop buying for a while. If you feel like you can live without them, then sure, by all means try and sell them and move on. Just make sure it's a decision you can live with, because I regretted my decision to sell almost instantly.

Hope this helps.

16. Arduous

Arduous Megatron Rules All TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:

Herc

Based on your post history, I do not think Transformers bring you any joy/fun what so ever.

I think giving up this hobby may be a good decision or atleast walk away from it for a few years .... Pack it all up ( don't obsess over how you pack it ...hell I throw-toss transformers in storage bins all the time) they survive :) 

Focus on collage and other interest... No reason to be depressed.

17. comicfan17blue

comicfan17blue Well-Known Member

Never for good, but I have had gaps of over 3 years between purchases few times.

18. AOEGalvatronRox

AOEGalvatronRox Collector

News Credits:
    I'm sort of facing a gap in my collecting. Mind you, it's not by choice. The last figure I got was Leader Class Armada Megatron from the CW line last year and I haven't really gotten anything since. I'm wanting to collect some Titans Return figures but the distribution in my area really really sucks and the only Transformers figures that are around are a couple of tail end CW figures and a crap ton of RID one and three step changers.

19. Starscream 91

Starscream 91 Mech With A Mouth

News Credits:
    Even if I have to take a break from collecting (kind of hard because of Titans Return) as I transition from school to the life of working most of the day, but I will NEVER leave behind my love for Transformers. At this point its one of the things that define me and it helped me discover my love for writing stories (something I've been trying to turn into a full time career).

20. Coffee

Coffee (╭☞ꗞᨓꗞ)╭☞

News Credits:
    I'm kind of there. I mean, I still draw robots from time to time and write fanfiction when I feel like it. I've given up toys for the time being in order to save money. And though I've decided to read Titans Return, I'm still hesitant about continuing the comics at this point in time. I didn't really force myself to quit, I kind of just moved on to other things.