Has anyone ever combined TF:TM with The Return of Optimus Prime?

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Discussion' started by Excelsior Prime, Nov 16, 2009.

1. Excelsior Prime

Excelsior Prime Autobot Leader

I was thinking today that dammit, this could be something cool.

Edit TF:TM with The Return of Optimus Prime, somehow making Optimus return towards the end of the film and then save Cybertron from Unicron while Rodimus (Hot Rod) takes out Galvatron.

Thoughts? Would this work?

2. GhostLord

GhostLord Photocomic creator

Ebay:
    Now that's a good idea for a stop motion video. Of course that would require having all of the necessary toys.

3. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    I think they were pretty aware of how it connects with transformers the movie. Considering "the touch" plays as the hate plague is destroyed.

I follow your idea. Rodimus opens the matrix so Prime comes back to life and they take down galvatron.

However I think that would rob rodimus of his growth throughout the film. Optimus Dieing in the original film was a great storytelling decision. And one of the reasons why he's still a respected character today. despite how much Anger that was met with at the time.

A year later in the GIJOE movie they did a similar thing bringing duke back to life at the end while robbing Lt. falcon of his character growth. It would have been a stronger movie if duke would have just died. It was clearly a last minute decision by hasbro for how the Optimus prime Death was met. But Its easy to see that duke was intended to die and add gravity to the ending.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2009
  4. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    I think you'd have a bit of a disconnect, given the huge difference in animation quality between the movie and the show.