Has anyone else noticed this?

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by megapork, May 24, 2012.

1. megapork

megapork Cheese

I was rewatching the Darkness Rising Series, And I noticed something interesting. Ever since Part 3 of the Darkness Rising miniseries, Megatron's Voice has been much more Shoutier and G1. In his first full speaking appearance at the beginning of episode 2, his voice was quite deeper and more threatening Dr.Claw-ish scary. Comparing Megatron's current voice, he is less of a deep scary voice and more G1.

2. janeDoe001

janeDoe001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    When he first spoke in Part 2, I could've sworn it sounded like the Beast from Disney's Beauty and the Beast...except Frank never played the Beast, just the foot stool (the dog)

But yeah, I did notice the voice changed a little.

jD001

3. ken8kuhletz08

ken8kuhletz08 JKC

News Credits:
    Well the voice actors admittedly changed their voicing styles as the show progresses. Take for example Arcee. In an interview I watched about her, she said that during the earlier episodes, specifically the Darkness Rising mini-series, she had a more girlish voice set in mind for Arcee. But on the following episodes up to the season 2, she became more and more of a warrior-type, so she had to adjust her voice to match the current standing of her character.

So, with regards to Megatron and the other characters, the situation was the same - experimenting and feeling the vibe of the show to eventually get comfortable all throughout.

4. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think it's more like "After Darkness Rising 2 Megatron displayed more emotion than just ">:D  bwuhuhuhu i am the boss" than the voice really changing. During all of DR2 he's talking low, but in DR3 he is shouting and gleeful and more.

5. SGTsoundwave

SGTsoundwave Steam Powered Automaton

I think it's because, as a professional voice actor, frank welker wants to find the best voice for megatron in this series.

6. soundwave142

soundwave142 Decepticon over-seer

News Credits:
    I actually like when a villian doesn't have to have a rough and rowdy voice 24 7. megatron has recently been sounding like his life is pretty good

7. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Remember Homer Simpson's voice in Season 1. It was like a bad Walter Mattau impersonation that not only sounded bad but actually strained Dan Castallaneta's voice. Luckily he changed it and it became more natural and less forced.

8. longhaulsub

longhaulsub PS3 Tag: Northporttroller

He may be trying to slowly sneak back towards the G1 voice without anybody noticing, lol...