Has anyone else been "slipping" out of fandom recently?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Wazzpinator, Apr 12, 2010.

1. Wazzpinator

Wazzpinator is playin ODST

I don't know, maybe it's just me, but before Revenge of The Fallen, this was a very active site for me, I went on here a lot, I would check posts when there's nothing to check. But after ROTF, I've... just not cared anymore.
    The new toys are all rather bland, I haven't bought a TF since ROTF Prime a bit before the film. I don't know what's happening to me... I hope War For Cybertron will spark a little love into me.
    This happening to anyone else?

2. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    Yep, happens to someone about once a week.

3. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    hell no, i'm sooo far behind i can't even begin to slip out of the fandom

i think the reason i have stuck to transformers so long is that there is ALWAYS some new and juicy info and always something to look forward to

4. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    probably more. Honestly, I don't mind all those terrible ROTF toys clogging the shelves because it allowed me to collect everything else I wanted!!

I now own all the MP, Beast Wars, and Fansproject transformers I want.:thumbs2: 

5. ComicGuy89

ComicGuy89 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sorry, I just can't help but laugh...

Well, Wazzpinator, in my opinion we all find moments where we just feel like taking a break. By all means do so. Transformers exists to entertain you so don't feel bounded by it. I've slipped out myself loads of times, but now is a hot period for me.

6. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Nah, I'm good. all caught up on what I want, aside from Human Alliance Mudflap, who is so hard to find that he may as well not even exist.

just need a few upcoming things to round out ROTF (third bike robot lady whose name I can't remember because it keeps changing, deluxe ironhide, leader starscream, seaspray), and then generations and power core combiners hit. and MP grimlock is on the way.

I don't have to be constantly buying stuff to be into TFs. hell, I only bought maybe 10 TFs from the 2007 movie line, and that was fine with me.

if you think the ROTF stuff is bland, I suggest picking up some of the NEST subline figures. they're really cool.

7. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Nope. I haven't been picking up many recent TFs, but I'm still part of the fandom. I actually just ordered BW TM2 Megs and Inferno.

8. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    Lulls always occur during downtime between series and movies and anticipated toy releases.

I took a break from fandom. I don't think I posted here for like a month. And not counting my trip to Japan, I've only bought 4-5 TFs since January, where last year I was averaging like 4 per month.

9. rumsawatti

rumsawatti Dino-bot

yea...lately ive been sorta losin interest in dem..it doesnt seem as fun to me anymore...but den agen i was never hardcore or diehard tffan...

10. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

I'm just getting started! :D 

11. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    I'm good.

Because I actually like the ROTF toys and movies. So, I'm kewl. It took Energon for me to slip out of fandom.

12. TFormerfan

TFormerfan Maximal

I Hate the movie line. But I am collecting the classics line currently and FP products like defender, and the bruticus upgrade. So no these ROTF toys are allowing me to save money for classics and FP stuff.

13. Scorpion

Scorpion Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This isn't specific to your situation Wazzpinator (so don't feel like I'm "calling you out"), but I noticed that there seem to be two types of people right now who are losing interest. The ones who jumped on the ROTF bandwagon because it was "kewl" and now decide that they don't really care since the buzz has died down...and the ones who have decided, once again, that Michael Bay raped their childhood with ROTF and since they are "disgusted" with it are deciding to act like babies since they didn't like it. Either way is really lame.

14. NCStarscream

NCStarscream Me Grimlock cute

News Credits:
    Nope. Still hardcore into TFs and loving it.

15. Nyarlahotep

Nyarlahotep Radicon Scourge

Ebay:
    I always had TFs as a kid, but quickly fell out of liking them after beast wars came out. The next time I even heard anything about Transformers was when the first masterpiece came out and I just had to have it. Since then I've been collecting only Classics and G1. Everything in between doesn't count for me. TFTM and ROTF were blasphemies that I curse daily, but I'll always love TFs and collect them as long as they are related to the originals. I imagine I've saved a lot of money by sticking with that philosophy.

The "movies" definitely sent my fandom up through the roof when they were first announced, but after witnessing what Bay had done to them it quickly plummeted. I guess what I learned is to just remember what initially got you into TF's to begin with and you'll always be a fan, which doesn't necessarily mean you have to buy every single one that comes out. Just stick with the ones you are completely in love with and ignore all the rest.

All the third party add on stuff is what's kept me collecting so far as Hasbro hasn't made anything in a long time that's been of any interest to me.

16. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    THIS!!!!! i swear, the NEST line is what resparked my love of movie figures, i got burned out quickly with ROTF, but once those NEST figures came out with dirge and all, it is like a completely different line, love those figures

17. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    I wish.

There's a lot of other stuff in life I could be spending my time and money on.

18. Matrixbeast

Matrixbeast Here comes a thought

Ebay:
    I've been slipping out since Animated ended. I've gotten the figures I've wanted. Every now and then I pick up something, but not very much...I'm probably gonna come right back in by the time either War for Cybertron comes out or I can get my hands on some Power Core combiners, whichever comes first.

19. Moonscream

Moonscream YES, We EXIST!

News Credits:
    I have been, somewhat. I felt burned by what happened to Animated, and would like to get excited about War for Cybertron but since I don't have the money for a platform to run it, there's no point in getting myself all stoked.

--Moony

20. prime13

prime13 UCHUU KITAAAA

News Credits:
    I was, but with the PCC having mini-cons and all, i'm slipping back in. I'm actually hoping they bring back Energon stars.