Has anyone dropped cable/dish in favor of Internet TV?

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Bendimus Prime, Jan 14, 2012.

1. Bendimus Prime

Bendimus Prime Rolls for initiative TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    And if so, how is it?

The wife and I were taking about it tonight, and with Netflix and HuluPlus accounts, we literally never watch cable anymore. We pay about $115 per month for digital cable and 20mb Internet connection.

For $100 a month, we could get a 50mb connection. I'm wondering if we put up an HD antenna (for local news/weather/etc.) and just the super fast connection for the web networks if we would even notice the difference?

Has anyone done this?

2. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Proud No Ma'amer!

Yep! Me and my Fiancee are currently relying on a 10 meg connection which for our needs is just right and using Hulu Plus and netflix and while we do miss some shows its been well worth the money saved compared to a cable/dish package.

3. Creaky

Creaky King of Puppies

News Credits:
    I've all but abandoned TV at this point. The internet serves my needs much better. When it comes to "must see" shows I either internet them and then buy the dvd, or just internet them. There's so many cheap/free and legal (or not so much, sometimes) options now that it's really a better deal. The only TV I use with any regularity are BBC channels (couple of times a week - anything else I catch up with online with the BBC iplayer) - and since I'm British I pay for the BBC anyway, so I might as well use it occasionally.

For me it's an issue of convineance. No ad breaks means I don't get bored, and I can schedule it around me, rather than running around to fit things around some tv schedule.