has anybody noticed

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by protonpackin, May 22, 2011.

1. protonpackin

protonpackin Well-Known Member

has anybody noticed all the little handle-looking things all over most of the dotm toys....whats the deal with these things, good exampla is on bumblebees forearms and mudflaps shoulders

2. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    They're for the c-clip weapons system introduced with Recon Ironhide back in the RotF line. Most reviews point them out and the wiki has a page on them.

3. protonpackin

ohh ok i had never seen that mentioned anywhere....i saw the handles and just thought.. what the???....its all clear now....not sure why they have it if they dont come with the clip-on guns

4. Boy Blunder

Boy Blunder Hasbrown'd

So that you can interchange the guns and accessories that other TFs have, giving everyone access to a wide array of weapons and add-ons, even if they don't have the right hands to hold them.

5. Maetel

Maetel Well-Known Member

they cynic in me says so you can buy all the other figs with weapons you like but iffy about the fig itself, take the weapons and sell it to other kids for almost full retail.

6. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    honestly they're starting to get on my nerves now.

I was disappointed when I transformed Cyberverse Optimus to find that a bar for attaching these Miyake clip joints sticks above the cab at the rear of the truck. I also don't like them on DOTM Bumblebee's arms. But I'm okay with them so long as they don't seem tacked on.

7. protonpackin

i think if they are hidden on the figure then its ok but when they are not to me its kind of an eye sore.....its a neat idea but i think it kinda takes away from the movie molds

8. Bumblethumper

News Credits:
    ... well I suppose they also want to fit them in an appropriate location, so I can understand fitting them on arms and shoulders. Thing is, there's a lot of relatively discreet areas where they could fit them, but don't. There'll be areas in the sculpt where you have pistons or sculpted detailing that's pretty close to being the right diameter for the clips, but because it's slightly out, it doesn't work. I dunno if it might cause a molding issue, but I think they could also fit them on the reverse side of altmode panels.

Anyway, I don't think every figure needs them, especially when it's an unadvertised gimmick, but it is an idea that opens up a lot of cross-toy potential.

9. jaws

jaws Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I noticed them on my deluxe DOTM BB the other nite, thanks for the info folks

10. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    They're not gonna just put the clips in any old random spot, they're gonna put them where they work.

Frankly I don't see the big deal. They're tiny and hard to notice. I didn't even know Skids and BB had any until this thread. With Cybererse it's actually part of how the figures work.

11. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    They ahve been overdoing it in some figures before DotM. There are lots of "useless spots"

12. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    Skids has clip points? I don't see any.

The only ones I've noticed are the ones on BB's and Roadbuster's arms and Shockwave's feet. Don't really see how they're intrusive if you can't spot them automatically.

13. Kaiwera05

Kaiwera05 Soundwave Enthusiast

Ebay:
    Shockwave has a couple on his backpack if I remember correctly. ENTER THE DUAL SHOULDER CANNON.

14. protonpackin

i noticed them right away on the figures.....the ones i have seen them on are shockwave(several), roadbuster, topspin, sideswipe, jolt, mudflap, bumblebee

idk maybe its just me i think they look dumb like all the characters have handle bars or something all over them...its a neat idea but an unadvertised idea.....when i first saw them i thought maybe those handles were meant for the human character to hold onto

15. destrongerlupus

destrongerlupus #MoreSawBoss

News Credits:
    If you swap out your officiall Human Alliance humans with Lego (or Kre-O, or Megablocks, or, presumably Kubrick/MiniMate) dudes, they can :) 

16. Bumblethumper

News Credits:
    Apparently they're the right diameter for legoman hands.

If Hasbro are any good at joined-up thinking, it'd be good if the new Human Alliance figures could hold on to them. The old ones do not.

17. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    I'm getting annoyed with them because some of these figures can't even HOLD the weapon in their hand.

18. destrongerlupus

destrongerlupus #MoreSawBoss

News Credits:
    I think that's a bit of intentional Movie-aesthetic-bleed....especially on the Movie toys ;) 

The Movie-verse seems to be all about the bots *growing* weapons out of themselves rather than using hand-held arms...which makes sense and is cool as far as it goes, I suppose. But I suspect Hasbro is keying off of that a bit with the clip-weapons, since a rocket-launcher clipped onto someone's hip is more movie-esque than them holding a giant robot-rifle.

Not my preference, but I suspect it'll be with us for a while...